Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2083 2084 [2085] 2086 2087 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15852722 times)

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Ka-MEW~!
« Reply #31260 on: December 10, 2010, 01:39:55 am »

Whedon isn't going to be involved.

The horse is dead.  Let the beating commence!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31261 on: December 10, 2010, 02:33:37 am »

〜かみfuckin'なり〜

This is so awesome.
I love thunderstorms.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31262 on: December 10, 2010, 04:54:03 am »

Had a nice afternoon visit with my folks. I shared some new music (Guggenheim Grotto and the new Devo album), swapped news, planned for the holidays and my brother and sister's birthdays, and was sent home with a bunch of granola, Italian chocolate cookies, and a few polish roses.

All in all a good afternoon. In small doses, my folks can be pretty cool people. :P

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31263 on: December 10, 2010, 05:19:37 am »

My mind seems to be exploding with Polish.

Also, I know colors and a couple of natural words now, which goes nicely with my little handful of animals and my large handful of food.

The only weird thing is that I keep hearing Polish and thinking either that it's French (nasals--dare I say it is more French than French?  Yes.), Italian (ends with -i, trilled r), Latin (fucking inflection) or Russian (apparent loanwords).

Polish, I need to make you some more space in my head.  I hope I can do that despite being 20 and not 12 anymore D:
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #31264 on: December 10, 2010, 05:25:24 am »

So cool

The start to this gives me the irrepressible urge to play Katamari Damacy.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31265 on: December 10, 2010, 05:51:44 am »

Me and Yumi found a new place to live, that we can actually afford and which is much closer to her friends. This is good.
*Hugs*

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #31266 on: December 10, 2010, 05:56:06 am »

Me and Yumi found a new place to live, that we can actually afford and which is much closer to her friends. This is good.

Good to hear!
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #31267 on: December 10, 2010, 07:01:16 am »

Went to a local Battle of the Bands with my music and drama teachers (They're a couple) and two other members of my band. We'd been turned down to perform (We have no original songs) but it was awesome anyway. There were a bunch of vaguely punk-sounding bands, a pop band, a METAHL band (Followed closely by an acoustic duo :P) and a funk band, who were profoundly awesome.

At the end, after the winners had been announced (The Metal band came in second, the acoustic group first), a judge came up to our little group and told us how close we were to winning and that he wanted to push us over the edge but he just couldn't et cetera- until I told him that we hadn't performed that night. He had mistaken my luxuriant, glistening locks for those of the early-thirties metal frontman (I'm 17). The look on his face when I told him was just glorious.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #31268 on: December 10, 2010, 07:05:32 am »

Just watched one of my now favorite Neon Genesis Evangelion AMV's which has Fear Factory - 540,000 Degrees Fahrenheit playing in the background.

Having watched this, I feel compeled to write something.

Watch the creative projects thread for a little poem I'm writing if ya bored enough.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31269 on: December 10, 2010, 08:19:23 am »

Work ended 18 minutes ago.
Now I'm just waiting for my next train.

Well, lets browse some bay12.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #31270 on: December 10, 2010, 08:40:19 am »

I got Rayman 2 for free on my iPhone. I remember playing this on my PS2 a few years ago.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31271 on: December 10, 2010, 09:34:52 am »

Just thirty minutes or so ago [from when I started writing this, that is], I went to check if my cat had had enough of the cold outside yet, and find a stray dog on my porch. Out of reflex, I throw open the door and start to yell gibberish at it, and it retreats a ten meters or so out in the yard. I start to follow it, but luckily I remembered I wasn't wearing anything except socks before I hit the snow. While I fetch my boots and a coat, the dog disappears. My kitteh, however, was still missing.

I set out to look for her, of course. After about ten minutes, I hear a lonely, terrified Mjeeeoooow answer my calls. She was sitting far up in an oak, just outside the garden-edge hedge. There were no dog-tracks around there, thankfully. My guess is, she ran to the porch when the dog started chasing her, she ran to the porch, only to find the kitchen door closed. She then dodged in under some of the furniture standing there and snuck "out the back" without the dog noticing where she had went, and then she must have fled up in the tree.

Anyways, the reason I'm posting this here instead of the sad thread is that she's back inside in the warmth now. It took some time to get here inside, though. At first, she didn't want to come down, understandably, but when I finally coaxed her to the ground she refused to come with me. I went inside to fetch the wood "basket" (because for some reason, she loves to be carried in it, and will abandon all other undertakings if there's just a wee potential that somebody is going out to get fire wood), but the noise from when I opened to door again scared her up in another tree - a conifer tree this time. I then had to stand there for another five minutes waiting for her to come down again, upon when she finally got into the basket and we could go inside. Now she's purring in my lap again, and without any obvious wounds as well :D

The post ended up a little more long-winded than I had intended, though. ;)
Love, scriver~

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31272 on: December 10, 2010, 01:12:48 pm »

It's snowing lighty outside, this region is not really known for snowy winters, but for the last three years we had snow in nice amounts, the prospect of sticking snow penises on the city's landmarks amuses me :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31273 on: December 10, 2010, 01:43:28 pm »

This person just got punk'd :D

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #31274 on: December 10, 2010, 01:45:01 pm »

After going through one of the worst weeks I can recall having in a few years, things are looking up again.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus
Pages: 1 ... 2083 2084 [2085] 2086 2087 ... 13326