Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2067 2068 [2069] 2070 2071 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15849136 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Ka-MEW~!
« Reply #31020 on: December 08, 2010, 06:16:35 pm »

I got a metal slime, way before I would normally get one, thank god for meatiers and random worlds with monster masters. (Dragon quest monsters 2)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31021 on: December 08, 2010, 06:18:03 pm »

A very good friend of mine is flying in from across the country, she'll be staying for like...three weeks.

:3
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31022 on: December 08, 2010, 06:18:16 pm »

In a roundabout way complaining about the thread may be making him happy, and thus allowing it to be on-topic.

My dog, he is the adorablest. I walked over to the grate and he started to roll onto his belly for a friendly rubdown. I didn't want to undo the grate because I was just heading over to look, so he continued to squirm on the ground. Adorableistly.

Edit: Something just came to mind. Brb mucking around with BIOS and Safe Mode and system restore and all that jazz. I may not be able to get on again tonight if this fucks up, so seeya folks.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 06:19:49 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31023 on: December 08, 2010, 06:18:36 pm »

Very interesting. I've been thinking of collecting all of the goblin totems and keeping them in a collection somewhere as well, I don't have any mods though since it's the 360 version. Another goal I have for my current playthough is to not do ANY quest that gives a leveled item reward until I'm level 30, as that is the limit for leveled rewards.

Good idea, I try doing that but I always end up doing them anyway :P

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31024 on: December 08, 2010, 06:19:07 pm »

Barack Obama on MythBusters tonight, 9-eastern 8-central.  Its Archimedes' Revenge all over again.  Don't forget to watch, there will be a quiz.

Just to make sure it wasn't overlooked.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31025 on: December 08, 2010, 06:19:44 pm »

Now if you have a problem with a thread's very existence, and I guess you do, well, that's cool then.

My problem with it is that it flies in the face of moderation policy at every forum I've ever been to, and those were forums with more than two moderators who weren't trying to code an entire game by themselves at the same time. If this forum keeps going this way it's eventually going to get to the point where toady decides it's too much hassle to keep it open, the same way he did with Various Nonsense, and then there won't be any non-DF discussion forums at all. If wanting to head that off makes me the devil then so be it I guess

Edit that i forgot to do before: Oh yeah and Vector you didn't use that word that was just my shitty memory, my bad
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 06:25:23 pm by LordNagash »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31026 on: December 08, 2010, 06:21:34 pm »

I suppose you'd have to ask Toady about that.  Last time he mentioned anything, he seemed pretty chill with his forum's situation.  Y'know, an hour ago.  Far be it for me to intimate the guy has a handle on what he wants to have a handle on, irrespective of the norms or standards of anywhere else on the Internet.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31027 on: December 08, 2010, 06:21:51 pm »

In a roundabout way complaining about the thread may be making him happy, and thus allowing it to be on-topic.

My dog, he is the adorablest. I walked over to the grate and he started to roll onto his belly for a friendly rubdown. I didn't want to undo the grate because I was just heading over to look, so he continued to squirm on the ground. Adorableistly.
My dog does stuff like that too, I swear if I walk near that dog he either rolls around for belly rubs, brings me a toy, or tries to eat my pants. Except for the last one it makes me rather happy.

The main reason for doing quests is they make leveling up slightly less boring, so I'm trying to do non-leveled-item reward quests and exploreing dungeons I've never explored before.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #31028 on: December 08, 2010, 06:22:41 pm »

I like to think that Janet and other good members of the community keep us from going bad, and this is a different forum, you are just applying a general outlook from some different forums onto this one, that doesnt work.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31029 on: December 08, 2010, 06:22:52 pm »

My problem with it is that it flies in the face of moderation policy at every forum I've ever been to, and those were forums with more than two moderators who weren't trying to code an entire game by themselves at the same time. If this forum keeps going this way it's eventually going to get to the point where toady decides it's too much hassle to keep it open, the same way he did with Various Nonsense, and then there won't be any non-DF discussion forums at all. If wanting to head that off makes me the devil then so be it I guess
Everyone and everything is sprinting towards destruction in one way or another.

Kick back and chill out.

This is the happy thread for a reason.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #31030 on: December 08, 2010, 06:23:32 pm »

Quote from: aqizzar and nagash talkin' bout popularity

Actually, I've generally stopped posting here myself because I find that there are a few people whose posts are automatically responded to regardless of content and everyone else is more or less ignored. No point posting when nobody else is willing to pick up the conversational thread. Most of this thread is comprised of the same people having attention paid to them intercut with relative unknowns not having a chance to participate. Shame, too, because I've seen some very interesting conversation topics pass by from a lot of lesser-known people.

1)This thread [...] helps new members get used to the community here.

It really doesn't. I spent quite a while trying to have an actual discussion when I started frequenting GD and found that really, my options were to accept that my posts were effectively invisible, act sycophantic, or post nonstop content-less allcaps sentences that were "lol randum xD" until people were forced to pay attention to me. I chose to just deal with it, but really, I think it's very silly that nobody ever responds to new people in this thread unless they're trending on the current conversation at hand.

This trail of discussion is rather far from my original complaint, though, which is that catgirl (or boy?) roleplaying is annoying as all-hell and Dasleah getting muted was unnecessary, especially when a warning was sufficient for everyone else. Ugh, I shouldn't have spent so much time following this; I've got studying to do.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31031 on: December 08, 2010, 06:25:41 pm »

Are we all done navel gazing now?  Okay, good.

Barack Obama on MythBusters tonight, 9-eastern 8-central.  Its Archimedes' Revenge all over again.  Don't forget to watch, there will be a quiz.
I've been staying current with Mythbusters so that'll be cool to watch.  Thanks for the heads-up Aqizzar.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31032 on: December 08, 2010, 06:26:40 pm »

Actually, I've generally stopped posting here myself because I find that there are a few people whose posts are automatically responded to regardless of content and everyone else is more or less ignored. No point posting when nobody else is willing to pick up the conversational thread. Most of this thread is comprised of the same people having attention paid to them intercut with relative unknowns not having a chance to participate. Shame, too, because I've seen some very interesting conversation topics pass by from a lot of lesser-known people.

<3

The main reason for doing quests is they make leveling up slightly less boring, so I'm trying to do non-leveled-item reward quests and exploreing dungeons I've never explored before.

There are actually a lot of interesting dungeons. Some can be boring ol' one room tiny caves, but there are some really cool ones out there.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31033 on: December 08, 2010, 06:27:01 pm »

We're all friends here.

And honestly, about the "being invisible" thing?  I don't think that's really going on.  I read and smile at all the happy things people have happen, and feel bad for the sad things, but if we all replied to all of them, well, it would kind of defeat the purpose in my opinion.  It's an aggregation of happy feelings or sad feelings where you can just post and go.  You're not invisible, not ignored.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31034 on: December 08, 2010, 06:27:24 pm »

I'm happy that I did not try to respond to nagash&CO's argument and thus avoided ninja spam.

I also managed to complete all my homework assignments and I downloaded War in Heaven: Age of Aquarius for FreeSpace2
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.
Pages: 1 ... 2067 2068 [2069] 2070 2071 ... 13326