Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2013 2014 [2015] 2016 2017 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15846115 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Ka-MEW~!
« Reply #30210 on: December 03, 2010, 11:55:37 am »

-English (Learning by practical use,because I'm already better at it than my teacher.)

I think the entire point of English is to be unteachable. I mean, look at AMERICA. We have thirteen years of learning, followed by (increasingly less optional) college, and English classes are the single most constant aspect of it all.

Cmon it's not that bad. The worst aspect of English is likely pronounciation. And you can get by with a broken one and get understood in most places, excepting the UK*. So yeah, it's relatively simple. There are far harder languages out there.

*where they will understand what you are saying, but pretend they don't, because they are very touchy about pronounciation.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 11:58:03 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #30211 on: December 03, 2010, 11:59:56 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 02:07:51 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #30212 on: December 03, 2010, 12:14:15 pm »

-English (Learning by practical use,because I'm already better at it than my teacher.)

I think the entire point of English is to be unteachable. I mean, look at AMERICA. We have thirteen years of learning, followed by (increasingly less optional) college, and English classes are the single most constant aspect of it all.

obligatory Romeo and Juliet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVbd9wd9rrg
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #30213 on: December 03, 2010, 12:15:09 pm »

Cmon it's not that bad. The worst aspect of English is likely pronounciation. And you can get by with a broken one and get understood in most places, excepting the UK*. So yeah, it's relatively simple. There are far harder languages out there.

*where they will understand what you are saying, but pretend they don't, because they are very touchy about pronounciation.

Haha.

Not really. Between the wildly differing accents between major cities, Wales, the Channel Isles, and all of the various accents spread over Ireland and Scotland, you'd struggle to find consistent pronunciation of a given word anywhere.

The main problem is how everything Americans say sounds like they're asking a question.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30214 on: December 03, 2010, 12:16:26 pm »

I came to a realization that I have to forgve my parents. It's unfair for them to suffer just so I can keep up some childish vendetta. So I decided to keep in semi-regular contact with them. This realization has made me slightly happy.
*Hugs*

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30215 on: December 03, 2010, 12:24:19 pm »

I came to a realization that I have to forgve my parents. It's unfair for them to suffer just so I can keep up some childish vendetta. So I decided to keep in semi-regular contact with them. This realization has made me slightly happy.

See, probably all they wanted was to see you again, even if just for a few days.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #30216 on: December 03, 2010, 12:27:10 pm »

Being angry for more than ten seconds at something that actually matters helps no one.  Good job.
Shoes...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #30217 on: December 03, 2010, 12:28:25 pm »

Global warming

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30218 on: December 03, 2010, 12:37:32 pm »

Yeah, Two years is quite a bit more than ten seconds. Of course, by semi-regular I mean like, a phone call a month or so, longstanding wounds heal slowly...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 12:39:26 pm by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #30219 on: December 03, 2010, 01:13:00 pm »

Either way, grudges aren't cool.

I just got my computer case.  Inside the box was another box.  Inside that box was the case.  Also, hopy shit this case is huuuuuuuuuuge
Shoes...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30220 on: December 03, 2010, 01:20:13 pm »

That's so you can put 1024 processors, 24GB RAM, three sound cards, four video cards, 50 USB slots, and 800 fans in it. You are running Linux, right?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #30221 on: December 03, 2010, 01:23:13 pm »

It's not that big.  It's sexy through, three fans, plenty of room, bottom-PSU.
Shoes...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30222 on: December 03, 2010, 01:24:52 pm »

Rawr! =^_^=

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30223 on: December 03, 2010, 01:26:17 pm »

Meh, The acceptability of grudges depends on the situation, imho.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30224 on: December 03, 2010, 01:27:12 pm »

Welcome to growing up. We all have issues with our parents, but you become an adult when you realize that the pain involved here goes both ways, perhaps even worse for them. And while they may not show an understanding of what you are going through they do the best they can through the pain. Still, there comes a time where it's just better for the relationship if you are separated most of the time. But yeah, good hearing you have gone on the road to these wounds healing. A lot of people keep them open their whole lives, and it generally make them bitter and hateful.

And blarg. I uninstalled by drivers so I could use the computer as my sister had to take her ipad to school. It runs alright, but every 10 or so pixels there is a column of 20 or so pixels that are messed up.It makes reading text and comparing graphics card difficult. And I can't move windows because there are massive redraw errors. And the back of my mind is daring me to start up something like minecraft and see just what terror it will cause. I'll do that after ordering something and it's on the way, just in case the card explodes or something.
 I'm also taking a bunch of screenshots to show what this looks like, if it works right.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 2013 2014 [2015] 2016 2017 ... 13326