Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2011 2012 [2013] 2014 2015 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15848011 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Ka-MEW~!
« Reply #30180 on: December 03, 2010, 04:29:44 am »

It's snowing. 5cm of snow.

On the bad side that means I cant go home for the weekend. Oh well.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30181 on: December 03, 2010, 04:57:49 am »

Listening to national anthems makes me happy.  It makes me feel a little bit weird, but happy.

We are citizens of the world, darn it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30182 on: December 03, 2010, 05:12:06 am »

Listening to national anthems makes me happy.  It makes me feel a little bit weird, but happy.

I've yet to hear one, which doesn't sound silly in a way.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #30183 on: December 03, 2010, 05:13:58 am »

this wouldn't have any relation to your request in the marooned game, would it?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30184 on: December 03, 2010, 05:30:08 am »

this wouldn't have any relation to your request in the marooned game, would it?

Maaaaaybe :D

I've yet to hear one, which doesn't sound silly in a way.

Really?  I think they're all beautiful.  Even Libya's.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #30185 on: December 03, 2010, 05:49:24 am »

Vector, your avatar brings tears to my eyes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30186 on: December 03, 2010, 05:54:22 am »

But... it's garlic.

Garlic makes your eyes water?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30187 on: December 03, 2010, 06:02:47 am »

National songs from Communist countries always sound really dramatic and dour.  On the other hand, the British and American national anthems sound like they were specifically composed for gradeschool bands, and just kinda meander their way through a one-element tune.

I'm not exactly sure if I'm happy about this... I just looked at that "America Question" thread, and my eyes glazed over from the amount of bullshit floating around.  It's long since reached the point that I barely have the stomach for reading all these political threads that keep popping up, even the ones I make myself.  I've left two other forums over similar feelings, not that I intend to go anywhere this time.

But politics is what I wedded myself to, what feels like ages ago, and I keep coming back to the same problem: I can't stand talking politics.  And I'm not talking about ideology here, I'm talking about informational content.  I hate talking politics with people who know less about it than me, because either they have balls-to-the-wall insane ideas, or absolutely no ideas of any kind, and in either case will be utter and totally uninterested in hearing new information and forming new opinions.  Yet talking politics with people who know as much or more than me is a minefield, mainly because I don't like fighting about shit, and the supposedly-educated can get violently mad when they fear an argument is about to be proven unfounded, or even could be.

Every day makes me a little happier.  Because in two weeks, I'll be done with college.  And four to eight weeks after that, I'll get my Bachelor's Degree of Political Science in the mail.  And then I can just whip that out, and not have to argue about anything anymore, because I'll be a card-carrying knowitall.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30188 on: December 03, 2010, 06:18:48 am »

National songs from Communist countries always sound really dramatic and dour.  On the other hand, the British and American national anthems sound like they were specifically composed for gradeschool bands, and just kinda meander their way through a one-element tune.

Russia

Hungary

Poland

Mazurka for the win :D

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30189 on: December 03, 2010, 06:30:42 am »

My meeting with my parents went.... quite well. They finally promised to get out of my life too, which is a plus. They'll stop constantly trying to make me come home.
*Hugs*

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30190 on: December 03, 2010, 06:47:14 am »

Mazurka for the win :D
It's Mazurek, actually. It's masculine.

It appears that anthems simply shouldn't be sang by anybody, other than choirs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30191 on: December 03, 2010, 06:48:48 am »

Ah, I meant "Mazurka" as in "the English version of the traditional dance style's name."

But thank you!  I'm always glad to learn something.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30192 on: December 03, 2010, 06:56:59 am »

It appears that anthems simply shouldn't be sang by anybody, other than choirs.

Oh say can you see?  By the... uh... something light!  What so proudly we... er... at the somethinglight's last whatever...  Gah, how does the tune go next?
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #30193 on: December 03, 2010, 07:01:16 am »

Oh say can you see~
By the dawn's early light~
That I don't know the words~
Except those two first lines~
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30194 on: December 03, 2010, 07:08:08 am »

When I started typing that I was just joking around, but after "twilight's last gleaming" I honestly don't know how the tune goes or what the words are.  In my mind, it just picks up again at "and the rockets' red glare", and I know there's a huge hole in between those lines.

Of course, there is nobody alive who can sing the other five verses by heart anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 2011 2012 [2013] 2014 2015 ... 13326