Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1924 1925 [1926] 1927 1928 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15845023 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Ka-MEW~!
« Reply #28875 on: November 24, 2010, 07:59:32 pm »

One of us mew~ one of us mew~
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28876 on: November 24, 2010, 08:21:50 pm »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28877 on: November 24, 2010, 08:39:24 pm »

I don't quite remember how I got here, but I know I first found DF probably around late 06/early 07.
Only reason it took so long for me to really end up here is because I was on a Mac and there was no Mac version.
Most of the rest of the story is lurking and more lurking before finally registering.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #28878 on: November 24, 2010, 09:40:13 pm »

I signed up in late '08 when I heard about this crazy freeware game called Dwarf Fortress. Although I do remember seeing it quite a while before that before dismissing it as 'not cool, bro' when I found it was 2d. I hung out in the upper forums for a while, but migrated down here shortly after I stopped playing Dwarf Fortress very often and instead came down to hang out with you folks. Various Nonsense was my primary abode for a while, and then I diversified to most of the lower boards while still occasionally checking the DF Community Games.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28880 on: November 24, 2010, 11:05:30 pm »

I didn't know GIMP could be Japanese.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28881 on: November 24, 2010, 11:06:14 pm »

Gimps can be from any culture.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28882 on: November 24, 2010, 11:08:05 pm »

My locale is set to ja_JP.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28883 on: November 24, 2010, 11:08:35 pm »

I didn't know GIMP could be Japanese.
Everything is Japanese when ein is involved. By even talking with us, ein has made everyone here Japanese by proxy.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #28884 on: November 24, 2010, 11:09:21 pm »

Does that mean I can actually become a real citizen of glorious Yamato!?
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28885 on: November 24, 2010, 11:10:09 pm »

はい、はい、今、あなたは日本人。
頑張ってね。

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28886 on: November 24, 2010, 11:20:22 pm »

はい、はい、今、あなたは日本人。
頑張ってね。
質問:私はちょうど通信するすべての回で私の首に縛り付けて自動Googleの翻訳を使用する場合、私はまだ、日本のカウントですか?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #28887 on: November 24, 2010, 11:24:25 pm »

Yes, yes, now you are Japanese.
Good luck.
Q: I have automatic strapped to my neck at all times just to communicate if you use Google's translation, I still do count in Japan?
The above translated, for those too lazy to use Google Translate. Engrish is fun :D

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #28888 on: November 24, 2010, 11:29:00 pm »

Some good ol' Marx Brothers is on TCM right now. "Duck Soup" is the movie.

Just as well, I just found and purchased a rather nice computer for my mother as a Christmas present. It's essentially a slightly nerfed (though slightly more advanced OS-wise (Win 7), 64-bit instead of 32-bit; and an integrated graphics card that's a half as powerful) version of my current machine, and all this for a fraction of the total price of my machine while at it (approx. 1/3rd). Gotta love Black Friday when it strikes early.

Hopefully my siblings will answer the call I made and help chip in for it, though I can afford it myself. Actually, I came up with a chip-in system which I pay for it (which I already did), and everyone donates their chip-in before the end of the year. I intend to toss in a newer, more reliable, printer while at it; since her office printer has also been a nasty brick on the shelf for longer than it should be.

Both the laptop and the printer has been a cause of many bad days around the house. I figure an computer office upgrade will definitely be welcomed, since she's been trying to do all her office work on a rather crappy laptop and a not-so-good printer brand (like all things, it started off good, then started failing when it was most needed). So yeah.

@Translation: I use NicelyTranslate Add-On for Firefox for short amounts of text that need a bit of translation.

EDIT:
And despite how nice a find I made, I just got word from one of my brothers that this could possibly be a bad (or more accurately, unnecessary) idea. I just did the work to cancel my order ASAP. Hopefully the site isn't too inconvenienced by that.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 11:50:31 pm by Itnetlolor »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28889 on: November 24, 2010, 11:29:27 pm »

Yes, yes, now you are Japanese.
Good luck.
Q: I have automatic strapped to my neck at all times just to communicate if you use Google's translation, I still do count in Japan?
The above translated, for those too lazy to use Google Translate. Engrish is fun :D
Yes it most certainly is. I was wondering how badly the automatic translation would actually turn out. See, I put in: "Question: If I just use an automatic google translator strapped around my neck at all time to communicate, do I still count as Japanese?"
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1924 1925 [1926] 1927 1928 ... 13326