Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1923 1924 [1925] 1926 1927 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15846144 times)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Ka-MEW~!
« Reply #28860 on: November 24, 2010, 04:45:16 pm »

Some narcissist told me about DF on a game a lot like it, didn't like it much at first then like a year later I picked it back up again and got into it. Then shortly after I got bored of it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28861 on: November 24, 2010, 04:46:46 pm »

Not to derail the "How did you lose your DF virginity?" mini-thread, but I'm happy that I'm going to gorge my brains out tomorrow. Having a trained chef as a father-in-law is very, very nice this time of year.

The man makes gravy 5 gallons at a time.  :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28862 on: November 24, 2010, 04:47:40 pm »

I don't remember how I descended into the Lower Forums though.

Why am I even here.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28863 on: November 24, 2010, 04:50:29 pm »

I remember how I got here.
A schoolmate told me about it.

"Hey Mind, I heard you like nerdy suff and my brother has been playing this one ASCII game with dwarfs..."

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28864 on: November 24, 2010, 04:50:45 pm »

Happy:  No Thanksgiving obligations.  Four-day weekend.  Snow.  Full moon.  FINAL DESTINATION.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28865 on: November 24, 2010, 04:51:25 pm »

Why am I even here.
Pathfinding error?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28866 on: November 24, 2010, 04:56:02 pm »

Why am I even here.
Pathfinding error?
lordnincompoop cancels dig: Hey look a happy thread.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28867 on: November 24, 2010, 04:59:34 pm »

Why am I even here.
Pathfinding error?
XD

You posted too eagerly, and too deep... and in time you breached the lower forum. Now you're stuck here with all the rest of us doomed souls. Send in the clowns.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #28868 on: November 24, 2010, 05:16:35 pm »

I think I first learned about Dwarf Fortress from the xkcd forums. I think it was the concept of being able to build stuff that appealed to me, or something like that. So I downloaded the game, genned a world, started up fortress mode, and had no clue what the fuck I was looking at.

I didn't touch the game again until I found Captain Duck's tutorial. That taught me the basic concepts of the game, and whatever else I needed to know I learned from the wiki. I believe it was from the wiki that I learned about the forum.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #28869 on: November 24, 2010, 05:18:57 pm »

Why am I even here.
Pathfinding error?
XD

You posted too eagerly, and too deep... and in time you breached the lower forum. Now you're stuck here with all the rest of us doomed souls. Send in the clowns.
Don't Send in the Clowns!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28870 on: November 24, 2010, 05:29:17 pm »

I guess I got big down here back when "lower forums" just meant "Various Nonsense".  I don't think I was registered more than a couple weeks before I saw a thread about beer ads or something, and then the first forum game started, yatta yatta yatta and then they made me their chief.

I don't know how that keeps happening.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28871 on: November 24, 2010, 06:16:41 pm »

It's your sexy chin.

Just screams "OBEY ME"
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #28872 on: November 24, 2010, 06:25:30 pm »

If you haven't already heard in the Sad thread previously, I was having some dental issues that have been causing me much pain and everything (to the point of affecting my health even) and has been inconvenient as hell. Well having taken a great deal of effort, and just listening to my body for a moment, I managed to overcome the problem in a rather unorthodox, yet brilliant manner.

First off, I found a better solution to cleaning up and disinfecting the problem areas by switching to vinegar (apple cider vinegar especially for better taste and more familiarity (watered down a bit for safety/taste reasons); wish I had some honey to make it taste just a tad better, plus what benefits honey would also provide). After my mouth lost most of the swelling, I discovered my wisdom tooth has been coming in at an angle rather awkwardly and outwardly; and me being the type that hates to go to a dentist (and also considering that turkey day is tomorrow, and I planned on eating (plus, I don't want anything removed from my head, and need to pay a pretty penny for it as well), through sheer force of will, and a bit of leverage inside my mouth, I've managed to do in less than a day what takes braces at least weeks to accomplish, and realigned my wisdom tooth enough to a more comfortable position to the point that everything is healing up rather swiftly and comfortably. Braces? Who needs braces! I'm going to keep at this method until everything is squared off there, should be properly lined up by the end of the week (or in 2 weeks tops) at this rate (with a steady supply of vinegar to keep things clean and mailable as I work on it); and hey, I got me a new tooth and a wider bite now.

Now I wonder why the most absurd, unorthodox, seemingly improper methods always seem to work out better for me? I'm feeling great now I've manually worked on the problem.

Seriously, all it really took was a cup of warm apple cider vinegar (watered down; disinfectant, also renders the gums more flexible; it's also safer to ingest, so it can continue working on my system after this task), a bit of time (to clean and soak in, a good few hours), and a good idea of my dental architecture to maneuver everything back into place. Signs of infection are gone, the only pain is from all the swelling reducing back to normal scale (and over-extension recovery), and after pushing my tooth back inward enough, my jaw is feeling like it's old self again. My teeth are no longer grinding against the mouth wall. All that's left is rehabilitating my biting pressure back to where it was. That's plenty simple too, apparently. All that requires is repeating the method, but realigning all my teeth to their optimal position. I really have a bizarre set of teeth.

So YAY! I will properly eat again, and not miss out on the feasts of tomorrow!

EDIT:
Getting a better feel for the wisdom tooth, it is almost flat-out now. I should have that thing aligned completely by the end of the night actually. No kidding, I practically rotated it 45-degrees near painlessly over the course of a few hours using my method. Thank goodness it's not 100% there just yet, otherwise doing that would've been a whole lot harder (or at least trickier) to pull off. Word of Caution: Do not attempt to manually realign your own teeth like I did unless you really know what you're doing. BTW, I'm almost 100% back to how I was before this crap happened in the first place.

Let's mark this one up as one of many unorthodox/bizarre home remedies/solutions. I can vouch for it by experience.

EDIT EDIT:
And one or two more warm mouth soakings of vinegar, a few good clinches with as hard a bite as possible (without causing potential damage) and swishing some cold water while locking all the primary teeth (at least) in place in that position, and everything has lined up optimally, and cooling down locked them all in place. I've got my old mouth back. YAY! I never thought tempering could be a solution to realigning teeth.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 07:43:43 pm by Itnetlolor »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28873 on: November 24, 2010, 07:08:55 pm »

yatta yatta yatta and then they made me their chief.

I don't know how that keeps happening.
Stop deserving it then! You, Duke, and a few others are consistently voices of reason/awesome. That's about all it takes.

I found DF while searching through good indie games, but didn't join the forums for a while... How DID I get down here? WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28874 on: November 24, 2010, 07:11:43 pm »

I found DF while searching through good indie games, but didn't join the forums for a while... How DID I get down here? WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?!
We are your family now. we arall that mattersnow youwilllearntoloveusclownshehehehehehehehehehehehehe
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1923 1924 [1925] 1926 1927 ... 13326