Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1919 1920 [1921] 1922 1923 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15848091 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Ka-MEW~!
« Reply #28800 on: November 24, 2010, 12:27:59 am »

I love how paranoid the Portland area is about snow. We get a fifth of an inch of snow and schools are closed.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28801 on: November 24, 2010, 12:28:29 am »

It's partially plagiarism and partially wanting to work on it by myself, without a lot of people criticizing or complimenting it.  I'm not good about showing off finished work, let alone something that's still sitting in my mental pressure-cooker.

If you end up writing a book Vector, be sure to steer us told the nearest online vendor that's selling it. I'll definitely buy it.

I really want to go to a novel writing class, it sounds like something I might really enjoy, and one of my dreams is to become an author you know.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #28802 on: November 24, 2010, 12:29:52 am »

It's partially plagiarism and partially wanting to work on it by myself, without a lot of people criticizing or complimenting it.  I'm not good about showing off finished work, let alone something that's still sitting in my mental pressure-cooker.

Yeah, outlines are really the last thing you need input on.

You shouldn't worry about plagiarism though. It's your story, no one can tell it like you can.

If you end up writing a book Vector, be sure to steer us told the nearest online vendor that's selling it. I'll definitely buy it.

I really want to go to a novel writing class, it sounds like something I might really enjoy, and one of my dreams is to become an author you know.

Write a short story. Hell, start with like 500 word flash fiction. It's fun and not too challenging.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28803 on: November 24, 2010, 12:32:05 am »

Write a short story. Hell, start with like 500 word flash fiction. It's fun and not too challenging.
read that as 'slash fiction'
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28804 on: November 24, 2010, 12:33:43 am »

I love how paranoid the Portland area is about snow. We get a fifth of an inch of snow and schools are closed.

We got a foot of ice here and it is still open.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #28805 on: November 24, 2010, 12:34:50 am »

Pfft, you can't write 500 word slash. It takes 500 words to lovingly describe the abnormally long eyelashes of the love interest.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28806 on: November 24, 2010, 12:38:37 am »

Well, I'm not exactly a stranger to writing. You're kind of new here, so to give an example I could redirect you to any one of my several 10,000+ word, overly verbose explanations for videogame and story ideas I've had in the past.

I really should get back up on it though, storywriting I mean, since my typing skills are better than ever nowadays.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #28807 on: November 24, 2010, 12:40:32 am »

New Avatar series.

YUS YUS YUS YUS
Let us hope they don't interpret Kitara as a good female lead. I would never stomach a show with her as a main character. Now if the is modeled more after Toph then I am behind this 300%
I hear that it'll be set 70 years after the first series, with the new avatar whose name is Korra. I wonder, though, if there are any new air benders.

NINJA EDIT: Yes, Portland doesn't do well with snow. I hear they have two snowplows for the whole city. My sister lived in that area two winters ago when they actually got a couple inches, and she was telling me about the incredible number of collisions. Apparently, she had to drive over to my aunt and uncles' house to pick them up and bring them to work because she was the only person they knew that knew how to drive in snow. Having grown up where I live currently, she was taught to drive during winter on a stick shift, so that she could drive anywhere. Driving in a few inches of snow is easy when you've driven in two feet of it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28808 on: November 24, 2010, 12:42:02 am »

I'd rather draw than write personally.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28809 on: November 24, 2010, 12:46:30 am »

We got a foot of ice here and it is still open.
After my county had a severe ice storm that trapped some students at school overnight several years back, the entire school board was replaced with snow-paranoid individuals. They've finally started to calm down, but at the start they would cancel school for several days at the very threat of it snowing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #28810 on: November 24, 2010, 12:47:02 am »

Well, I'm not exactly a stranger to writing. You're kind of new here, so to give an example I could redirect you to any one of my several 10,000+ word, overly verbose explanations for videogame and story ideas I've had in the past.

I really should get back up on it though, storywriting I mean, since my typing skills are better than ever nowadays.

Sorry. Assumptions. It was the "dream of becoming an author" thing.

I still fully recommend short stories though. They're easier and more fun to write than a novel. Writing a novel is like flirting with suicide.

e: also, im flattered that im only 'kind of new'

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28811 on: November 24, 2010, 12:49:02 am »

I don't have tentacles growing out of my face.

That makes me more happy that it does sad, so it goes here.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28812 on: November 24, 2010, 12:52:06 am »

Sorry. Assumptions. It was the "dream of becoming an author" thing.

I still fully recommend short stories though. They're easier and more fun to write than a novel. Writing a novel is like flirting with suicide.

e: also, im flattered that im only 'kind of new'

And really, I agree completely. Maybe I'll try writing something real short tomorrow, or finish up a plot synopsis that I had started a long time ago that's been in limbo on my flashdrive since forever.

I don't have tentacles growing out of my face.

That makes me more happy that it does sad, so it goes here.

I, too, am also happy about this.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28813 on: November 24, 2010, 01:25:13 am »

I use to write on and off on a story (on and off as in over the course of a few years in random spurts, copying from different paper mediums at least 2 or 3 times and rewriting at least once) that never really went to far (couple of chapters worth maybe?). Nice thing is I just used parts of it for some English writing assignments in high school so it actually got some use (along with a Monster Hunter short story I wrote for one assignment when I got bored of using stuff I'd already written). Probably won't go back to it as I haven't touched it since high school when I used it and likely would end up rewriting it yet again. Most of my non-school writing over the past 2 years has been for dnd backgrounds and such, lots of wasted effort for the most part though it pays off sometimes.

Also finally started training for mah new job today, though most of it so far is watching videos for stuff thats pretty much common sense anyway.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28814 on: November 24, 2010, 01:43:17 am »

The lead guitar sounds like it's being fed through a small echo chamber. And it sounds great.
Pic is strangely erotic, too.

Oh, and some Minecraft image thingies.
I really need to get this game.
Hrmm.
And it seems Minecraft can be installed from the AUR...
*Chin Stroke*
Pages: 1 ... 1919 1920 [1921] 1922 1923 ... 13326