Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1910 1911 [1912] 1913 1914 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15849188 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Ka-MEW~!
« Reply #28665 on: November 22, 2010, 10:26:12 pm »

I'm almost caught up with The Meek which is pretty cool.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #28666 on: November 22, 2010, 10:33:42 pm »

I've got five webcomics I follow.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28667 on: November 22, 2010, 10:34:51 pm »

I follow four. Six untill a few months ago, but one ended and the other...would cause an argument if I talked about it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28668 on: November 22, 2010, 10:41:29 pm »

Erfworld ended up really annoying me.  I utterly loved the first book, because it was basically "Parson abuses the rules horribly and tries to break the universe!"  Then, the second book was nothing but "Oh big interpersonal drama between big dramatic characters".  I want more Stupid Meals explaining the rules while the audience tries to guess what Lord Hamster is going to try and break next.

...Thank god that after like a year, it's finally getting back to its original fun state.

I stopped reading Erfworld because I really loved the comic format of the first part, but then when it finally moved over to it's own site, it was just this short story garbage coupled with a single image that I didn't want to read. I was like, what the hell? Where's the comic? And then I check back like six months later, and the comic's finally resumed but from a point that I don't recognize at all, so I gave up on it completely.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28669 on: November 22, 2010, 10:43:37 pm »

Finished placing everything into folders based on the days they are updated.

Why does everyone update on Monday? :P
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 10:50:12 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28670 on: November 22, 2010, 11:11:47 pm »

shouldn't Seattle people be good with snow, though?
I thought they counted as one of them Northern States That Know How To Drive In The Snow, like Michigan.
Seattle doesn't get snow.  It gets rain.  We only get real snow maybe once every ten, fifteen years.  They say this might be one of those years, and I'm kinda hoping they're right...

Oh yeah, and when I say we get "rain", I mean we get "showers".  All the time.  We never get any awesome monsoons or anything, no big storms, barely get thunder, just bleh-y weather.  Good luck trying to camp and stay dry.

In any case:  In snow, or even in heavy rain, Seattle drivers fail.  Hard.

I heard that Washington got weather like we get here in MI... I'm actually kinda bummed to hear that, since it's one of the reasons I've been looking to move there post-graduation. Ah well... there's still plenty of boating that can be done thereabouts.

On a happy note though, I'm really hoping we get a good snowy year. With the temperature dropping and the cold-shift lately, we've been getting heavy rainstorms for the past two nights... but it's not yet low enough for snow. Soon enough!

As for Webcomics, I follow too many: Order of the Stick, Octopus Pie, and MSPA are ones I check most frequently. Three Panel Soul and Erfworld are close seconds. As for moderately obscure ones, I like Nature of Nature's Art (the author takes advantage of the digital medium in neat ways, and has interesting things to say), and Ekwara (which is set in a very neat world, and is written and drawn by a good friend).

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28671 on: November 22, 2010, 11:12:38 pm »

Because they only work on the weekends?  Just be glad they update on a regular schedule.  I love looking back through a webcomics archive's, especially the ones with systemic calendars like Keenspot comics, and seeing chunks of months with hyperlinks on only one irregular day of any given week.

One of two big essays this semester nearly completed.  I wanted to have it done by today (and it was originally due today).  I started like more than a week ago, but let it languish until... yesterday?  I don't even remember when some of these pages materialized.  Just needs an introduction, a paragraph, an elaboration, and some "sourcing" in a few sentences, and I can easily call it done, and better than acceptable.  Heck, I might even be done by my other class tomorrow, and turn it in a day early and get the library off my back.  Which I pretty much need to with Spanish breathing down my neck.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28672 on: November 22, 2010, 11:17:06 pm »

Because they want to mess up your folders ;D
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28673 on: November 22, 2010, 11:33:25 pm »

Monday takes up over half the screen vertically.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #28674 on: November 22, 2010, 11:54:32 pm »

I read webcomics off and on, but eventually I get bored with them. Used to follow Ctrl+Alt+Delete religiously until the whole baby thing. Then the miscarriage happened and I completely lost all interest.

Used to follow MSPA until the trolls happened. Now I'm on Blip, and I can't decide whether the creator is male or female.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28675 on: November 22, 2010, 11:56:44 pm »

Read all the way through 1/0 due to boredom.
pretty interesting.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28676 on: November 23, 2010, 12:23:39 am »

Probably going to check out Blip, looks interesting.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #28677 on: November 23, 2010, 12:30:54 am »

SNOW! :D

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28678 on: November 23, 2010, 12:31:32 am »

DON'T POST ANYTHING ABOUT SNOW IN THE HAPPY THREAD YOU MONSTER.

GRAW SO COLD.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28679 on: November 23, 2010, 12:36:58 am »

SNOW! :D
^--- that

It was a nice RELAXING drive home, so much more fun than heavy traffic, even if it took about the same amount of time...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!
Pages: 1 ... 1910 1911 [1912] 1913 1914 ... 13326