Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1860 1861 [1862] 1863 1864 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15857036 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #27915 on: November 17, 2010, 12:35:49 am »

My childhood was dull and uninteresting.  All I remember my interests being were playing make believe games with toys and then onto video games after the toy stage.  One of my first and favorite games were Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World.  Yeah I know these are so "mainstream", but screw that man MARIO.

And Sonic of course.  I've always thought of taking one side as stupid.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #27916 on: November 17, 2010, 12:36:23 am »

I used to use staplers as my patients.
Well, that's kind of odd. Not as odd as the kids who once put staples in their toes to show how 'manly'* they were in 5th grade. (Not the brightest tools in the bunch.)

*Manly enough to scream and cry until the school nurse came with the cotton balls, tweezers and hydrogen peroxide. They never stapled themselves again.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27917 on: November 17, 2010, 12:39:35 am »

When I was a kid I wanted to be a architect, and I can distinctly remember the feeling or intense pride at wanting a job that wasn't a kid stereotype.

Haha kids are funny I was a douche bag.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27918 on: November 17, 2010, 12:42:28 am »

Before Junior High School I never wanted to grow up.  I was completely delusional, but I was also 12.  I guess since like 8th grade I decided to be an engineer and now I'm taking Electronics as a trade.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #27919 on: November 17, 2010, 12:45:17 am »

I was reading a bunch when I was young, started reading Harry Potter at around age 7. Started playing various computer games sometime around age 9 (that really kicked off when I was around 11 though, before that the only computer in the house was in my parent's room). When I was in 2nd-4th grade I played on the Playstation (Played some old Army Men game, you know, the green toy soldier things, Toy Story has them), N64 (Goldeneye was fun), and Gamecube (Didn't play this nearly as much as the other two, I only remember playing a bit of Pokemon on it) with a friend I had. Besides that, I was interested in space I guess. You can probably guess another of my interests from my avatar :P

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #27920 on: November 17, 2010, 12:45:48 am »

I don't think not wanting to grow up is very delusional. Sounds pretty rational to me. It's just, then, you grow up, and it's like, oh damn, I guess I might as well make the best of this then.

When I was little, I was really quiet and well-behaved of my own volition. </wastedyouth>
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #27921 on: November 17, 2010, 01:10:08 am »

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27922 on: November 17, 2010, 01:13:41 am »

When I was a kid I had a loathing for everything and everyone. I've passed out a few times just from the absolute rage I had for the people around me. Somewhere around middle school I completely reversed myself, and now I can't really hate anything. Except a specific fictional character.

My interests were walking around the woods around my neighborhood, trains, novels, Stephen King books and doodling. Then the internet came around.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27923 on: November 17, 2010, 01:15:43 am »

I cannot remember ever being angry at someone, but I'm putting that down as having a terrible memory.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27924 on: November 17, 2010, 01:21:14 am »

I can't really hate anything. Except a specific fictional character.
Hmmmmmmmm?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #27925 on: November 17, 2010, 01:22:24 am »

I finally found in the internets the "brand" (for lack of a better name) of the bootleg nintendo I had as a kid

http://ultimateconsoledatabase.com/famiclones/familygamesouthamerica.htm
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #27926 on: November 17, 2010, 01:32:43 am »

I feel kinda fortunate I lived with a bunch of my siblings for a good majority of my life. Basically, it reduced my need for any friends outside the house. I had enough to deal with in my house. Catching shows on TV, setting reservations to play games on the consoles (back in my day, we had 8-bits and low resolutions). It was fun for what it was worth. Especially when you consider my social life as well. Let's just say, had not been for family, I probably wouldn't have gotten over all the bullying and crap I had to deal with with school and such. Games were also a great distraction.

Hell, with games, I've been all over playing Sonic, hanging out with our neighbor (who had a Nintendo) and playing some Mario, learning tricks and cheats for games via word-of-mouth (before this internet thing kicked in), hell, LP's were held in-house before we were even aware of the concept of Let's Play. Quite a few times have I assisted in taking over Arrakis with my brother, and tried to rule the world in my pathetic attempts to conquer my brothers. I've been a rookie on the front lines of my brother's X-Com force, and ruled my own outpost at the time. Saving Earth from Vorticons was also a fun quest to do once in awhile. And for the hell of it, I took on all sorts of flying challenges and flew all sorts of exotic aircraft, ranging from a flying pig to an X-Wing and eventually Tie Fighters.

I had a pretty fun childhood, despite my crappy social life. Oddly enough, I feel my inner child wants to relive the past and get parts of it right nowadays (It seems more along the lines of beating games I never beat or have been meaning to beat. Thank God for emulation and the Internet). It better not be a case of feeling old. Would be worse if it's because the world is changing for the worse, and I want to get it over with before no more opportunities are left to enjoy. In the meantime, especially before COICA is signed (hopefully not), I'm snagging as much as I can, from old shows I watched back then, to games from all sorts of consoles I had, and then some. So far, my machine is a virtual encyclopedia of gaming and childhood history of gaming and shows. I've made myself a "cool uncle" by my attempts to pass down the torch of what I used to play and such to the next generation of my family. This is the stuff I used to play to show that games that require the use of hands are not a child's toy (that Back to the Future II scene bothered the hell outta me).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27927 on: November 17, 2010, 02:32:26 am »

I'm not sure if I've shown this.

I'm not sure if I want to.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 02:42:02 am by ToonyMan »

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #27928 on: November 17, 2010, 02:57:23 am »

I'm not sure if I've shown this.

I'm not sure if I want to.

What happened to Simon?
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27929 on: November 17, 2010, 03:01:10 am »

Eating Christmas biscuits at work.
Damn.
Pages: 1 ... 1860 1861 [1862] 1863 1864 ... 13326