Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1855 1856 [1857] 1858 1859 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15855395 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #27840 on: November 16, 2010, 07:18:07 pm »

Hmm... I've never made quiche, but I do know a bit about pie crusts/pastry shells.  Specifically, try to add as little flour as possible when you're rolling them out, and poke holes in the bottom with a fork before you cook 'em the first time.

Looking online, though, the rest of the process seems really easy.  When I watched other people make it, I also remember the filling being the easy bit.

Dunno... I think I'd also be inclined to sprinkle a little paprika in and add some (slightly-cooked) onions and mushrooms, but that might be my inner Mad Chef speaking again.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27841 on: November 16, 2010, 07:21:16 pm »

If you let me loose in a kitchen and say "make something," I will look for every available raw ingredient, do something to it (cut it up, fry it, whatever), throw it in coconut milk, boil the hell out of it, and proceed to serve over rice.
The proper course of action, then, is to play yourself up as an eccentric genius chef and convince rich people to pay absurd amounts of money for your chaotic dishes, whether they turn out as good as you convince everyone they are or so horrible you'd want to chug jet fuel to kill the taste. The key is in convincing the wealthy that they need to have Chef Vector's cuisine in order to be true gormets.

Of course, it might just be better to continue towards a stable career rather than basing your income upon a lie, but where's the fun in that?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27842 on: November 16, 2010, 07:24:27 pm »

Of course, it might just be better to continue towards a stable career rather than basing your income upon a lie, but where's the fun in that?

Possible Vector Career Vectors - 1) Outre Cook, 2) Math.  It's fun to think of that sentence being either completely honest or completely facetious.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27843 on: November 16, 2010, 07:37:36 pm »

I cook fractions for breakfast.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #27844 on: November 16, 2010, 07:44:46 pm »

Well, I found the best sequence from any movie ever. Highlights include a man becoming the Indian subcontinent itself, before his legs turn into a burning panther. Hilarity ensues.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27845 on: November 16, 2010, 07:47:54 pm »

They showed that on Cracked, and I guarantee that at least 50% of the forum has already seen it.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #27846 on: November 16, 2010, 08:29:22 pm »

Really? I was on an assignment to watch clips of movies in foreign languages for my 'Global Film' class.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27847 on: November 16, 2010, 08:34:41 pm »

I just remembered, once again, exactly how much I hate children.

Excellent.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27848 on: November 16, 2010, 08:36:19 pm »

Hating children is good for the soul.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27849 on: November 16, 2010, 08:36:58 pm »

Makes me cheerful, at the very least :D

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27850 on: November 16, 2010, 08:38:56 pm »

I have too many residual memories of being a young child to hate them right now.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27851 on: November 16, 2010, 08:39:11 pm »

I just remembered, once again, exactly how much I hate children.

I am so glad to know I am not alone in this.  Newsflash for budding parents of the world - your little spouts are not cute to anyone but you and their grandmother.  Please restrain your child from kicking my seat, messing with my food, and asking me questions they can't understand the answers to.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27852 on: November 16, 2010, 08:47:16 pm »

Makes me cheerful, at the very least :D

That's why it's good.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #27853 on: November 16, 2010, 09:12:27 pm »

Why does everyone hate kids nowadays, anyway? Everyone I talk to seems to think that they're horrible and they never want them. Then again, everyone I talk to is either a young adult, already has kids and enjoys it, or is The Internet. My hypothesis is that you don't want kids until you have them, at which point you like them. That breaks down when you remember that there are a couple people who want kids (in the future) at my age.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27854 on: November 16, 2010, 09:18:05 pm »

Barbarossa, I've actually heard that before. It isn't until after you have some of your own that babies and young people don't seem so annoying.

I can't hate kids. I can find interacting with some of them annoying, but I can't hate them.
Pages: 1 ... 1855 1856 [1857] 1858 1859 ... 13326