Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1819 1820 [1821] 1822 1823 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15845145 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #27300 on: November 11, 2010, 05:51:45 pm »

Hey guys, guys!  In case nobody told you, new Dwarf Fortress released an hour ago.  Hunting outlaws and being eaten by creatures of the night was never so much fun!
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27301 on: November 11, 2010, 05:54:09 pm »

I had a great professor for my Non-Western Literature class. She was a funny, globally conscious old woman, with good taste in stories and in tea. I loved chatting with her during office hours (she was big on graphic novels, and suggested a few good ones, including Persepolis and Maus). She'd only rarely share stories of her life, but she mentioned how, during the privacy invasions following the fall of the Trade Center, she was getting mail delivered which had obviously been opened and tampered with, for weeks on end. Since the Post is a government agency, she assumed it was another McCarthy-esc investigation into her, either due to her married name, or because she had been ordering large quantities of books from names like "Mahmoud Darwish", or even "Salman Rushdie".

Whoever it was or why they did it aside, they weren't making a lot of effort to reseal opened packages and such. After a while, she started mailing herself little friendly messages without return addresses, inviting them over to talk if they cared to, and like that it stopped. She was just such a spirited, friendly, and feisty old lady... I thought she handled it magnificently.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #27302 on: November 11, 2010, 06:13:08 pm »

I've been thinking. Mewcraft is getting easy. And I hear it's possible to mod things somewhat. What I'm wondering is... Would it be possible to make the friendly mobs behave like zombies? And would it be possible to mod arrow physics? As in making them faster and more damaging to fit me modding my bow into a shotgun (Hopefully affecting the skeletons too)?

Dunno. I just think I've gotten too used to this game. :P Though if anyone knows anything about modding the inner workings speak up mew. :3
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #27303 on: November 11, 2010, 06:21:59 pm »

One of my teachers this year (Calculus and Physics) is one of my favorite ever. He taught my Biology teacher math, and my Biology teacher taught my mom's boyfriend (currently 47) Biology. He's been around longer than the past two high school buildings, and he actually retired quite a while ago, but then came back because he loved teaching so much. Nobody knows exactly how old he is, and he's kept it quite the secret. We're trying to figure it out soon, though, because the word is that he'll be retiring (again) in a couple years.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27304 on: November 11, 2010, 06:23:00 pm »

I've been thinking. Mewcraft is getting easy. And I hear it's possible to mod things somewhat. What I'm wondering is... Would it be possible to make the friendly mobs behave like zombies? And would it be possible to mod arrow physics? As in making them faster and more damaging to fit me modding my bow into a shotgun (Hopefully affecting the skeletons too)?

Dunno. I just think I've gotten too used to this game. :P Though if anyone knows anything about modding the inner workings speak up mew. :3
Play a Mewcraft Mewtiplayer Server.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27305 on: November 11, 2010, 06:24:47 pm »

Hey guys, guys!  In case nobody told you, new Dwarf Fortress released an hour ago.  Hunting outlaws and being eaten by creatures of the night was never so much fun!

Poked around with it a bit. I set out for adventure as a Dwarf from a peasant militia, seeking a reward for stopping a few local bandit gangs. I ran into a fortress on my way, and convinced two Human warriors (a pikeman and an axeman, who judging by their descriptions may be related) to join me. We kicked some ass in the bandit camps, and managed to avoid getting killed (though my companions were injured) and we headed back for the fort. Night fell, and the woods around there were pretty wild (we were ambushed by a pack of wolves), so we decided not to sleep and kept stumbling on through the dark.

As dawn drew close, we found a small, beetle-infested hovel belonging to a lone Weaponsmith. We shared the tale of our adventures, and she offered to let us stay at her home for the night. We chatted for a bit, and I discovered that she had no family to speak of, and had always dreamed of traveling and adventure, so I asked her to join us. Me, my warrior companions, and the Weaponsmith (I need to get her a proper hammer) are now off to the Fortress, to claim a reward for our deeds, and to quest for further glory and such.

Toady has outdone himself again... loving the new Adventure mode. Though still randomly generated, the worlds are starting to feel like a believable, living place. To top it off, there is an elven civilization nestled in a crater-shaped valley in the mountains, the only entrance to which is guarded by a 2x4 mile freshwater lake with towering cliffs on either end. It would make Tolkien weep.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #27306 on: November 11, 2010, 07:56:43 pm »

Just tried 31.17. Holy hell, Adventure Mode has gotten more fun. I only have 2 notable kills right now (as you'll read in my review so far in the impressions thread).

I'm going to go on more quests now. And who knows, I get an epic/interesting enough battle done, I might even try to sketch it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27307 on: November 11, 2010, 07:59:28 pm »

In, what I hope is not a glitch, one of my .17 characters suffocated due to having Function Loss-afflicted lungs for a while, caused by heavy brusing. Frigging Bogeymen. They tore off his upper body after he died, too. No idea why.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 08:03:14 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27308 on: November 11, 2010, 08:02:13 pm »

Somehow, my internet got all screwed up, so me and the guy who lives downstairs just spent the past hour or so fixing it.
Managed to get it back up and running, obviously.

Oh, and I am up and running Linux.
Key layout is a bit weird, though.
At least , and . are the same.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27309 on: November 11, 2010, 08:28:21 pm »

Duke can you go on Steam today?

;_;

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27310 on: November 11, 2010, 08:43:39 pm »

;_;
Just give me a little time to be a bit less depressed over today. Sorry dude.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27311 on: November 11, 2010, 08:45:09 pm »

In, what I hope is not a glitch, one of my .17 characters suffocated due to having Function Loss-afflicted lungs for a while, caused by heavy brusing. Frigging Bogeymen. They tore off his upper body after he died, too. No idea why.

Dead things are always listed as having their upper body gone.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #27312 on: November 11, 2010, 08:51:54 pm »

Just got revenge for my lost adventurer my first run by having my ninja sneakily take down the guys who tore my swordsman and peasant/squire up. Small rocks, sneaking, and de-capping while they're unconscious makes for some good hunting. I have the heads of my assailants. I love these improvements.

having trouble, however, with finding my primary targets though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27313 on: November 11, 2010, 09:00:44 pm »

;_;
Just give me a little time to be a bit less depressed over today. Sorry dude.
THAT'S LIKE, NOT PRODUCTIVE I DON'T THINK
NAH

THATS NOT WHAT TO DO
YOU HAVE TO GO ON COME ON MAN

YOU KNOW WHY YOU DO SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF ITS TO MAKE YOU HAPPY
AND WITH ME YOU'LL BE HAPPY

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #27314 on: November 11, 2010, 09:01:36 pm »

dude you're a bicep that's fucking awesome
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus
Pages: 1 ... 1819 1820 [1821] 1822 1823 ... 13326