Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1761 1762 [1763] 1764 1765 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15736207 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #26430 on: November 01, 2010, 08:55:50 pm »

Been digging around for old Sega gems that slipped under the radar, and discovered this:

In which a magical anime girl with 90's hair fights off the Cult of Hastur (yes, the H.P. Lovecraft one), the mafia, and most of the angry citizens of New York with occult magick and a pair of bladed boomerangs. The art's pretty good, and the music also rocks.

I've got to do a Video LP of this when I get the chance. It's so campy, so 90s, and such an absolutely strange combination of media. I love it already.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26431 on: November 01, 2010, 08:58:15 pm »

I don't see why you just wouldn't save up and buy an actual DS. The emulator can't be as good as the real thing, what with the two screens and all. The original model was, what, 150$ at launch? I don't know about the later models, but the original was hardy as hell. Mine still works as well as the day I got it, which was some time ago indeed.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #26432 on: November 01, 2010, 08:58:50 pm »

Finally got DS emulation optimized to run quicker with minimal loss in quality (kudos to a FAQ). Currently playing FFIV and Chrono Trigger this month. So far, so good. Just really started FFIV and got Rydia on my team and beefed up a bit, and Chrono Trigger, I got my doppleganger, and some regular pre-level grinding and looting before beginning the main story.

Something about going to all that trouble to get a DS emulator working, so that you can play games already released and rereleased on wholly-emulated platforms, seems fucking ridiculous to me.
I agree with Aquizzar.
Meh. I already beat them on the SNES and all (and with a proper retranslation overhaul on CT). I'm just curious what 'improvements' were made in these versions. See what the newer generation of gamers are getting. So far, it seems that these versions are easier than the classic versions. Like with most other games, they give you way too many opportunities to heal up and such. I mean, I completed the Mist Cave minimap provided by Namingway, and got rewarded 5 potions. And a bonus summon has some minigames (courtesy of Big Chocobo) that also rewards you items and such as you complete challenges leveling up this summon for online matches and also as a replacement for Rydia. (Similar could be said with Chrono Trigger's monster raising minigame).

It's not completely ridiculous what I'm doing. Like I said, I'm checking out the differences between systems. Might as well enjoy it while I do so.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, the emulator was working plenty well, I just wanted it to work a little quicker. BTW, it's been a sufficient amount of time since I last completed these games, so why not?

EDIT EDIT:
I suppose the main attraction for me in these re-re-rereleases are the bonus dungeons and bonus bosses. In due time, I'm going to raid hell, and loot some stuff that makes infinity+1 look like crap. More just for the hell of it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 09:08:05 pm by Itnetlolor »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 09:11:47 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26434 on: November 01, 2010, 09:10:09 pm »

Is anyone else surprised that there is no thread for Randy Moss yet? Or is this only a big deal where I live?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26435 on: November 01, 2010, 09:11:20 pm »

whose Randy Moss?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26437 on: November 01, 2010, 09:58:37 pm »

Is anyone else surprised that there is no thread for Randy Moss yet? Or is this only a big deal where I live?
Because most people here don't care about sports?  I sure don't.  And yeah, I suspect its mainly a MN thing.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26438 on: November 01, 2010, 10:14:25 pm »

No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26439 on: November 01, 2010, 10:18:54 pm »

Got my computer set back up. No more laptop keyboard! Yay!

Also, I found out in my meeting today that I'm probably getting a copy of Photoshop and Elements for free. Woo, Adobe!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26440 on: November 01, 2010, 10:43:03 pm »

Have them do the YMCA dance.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26441 on: November 01, 2010, 10:54:35 pm »

These pictures seem relevent to my interests
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26442 on: November 02, 2010, 12:14:00 am »

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26443 on: November 02, 2010, 12:23:22 am »

My teeth have been doing a lot better.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26444 on: November 02, 2010, 02:05:47 am »

QUACK :4
Pages: 1 ... 1761 1762 [1763] 1764 1765 ... 13325