Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1724 1725 [1726] 1727 1728 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15792331 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #25875 on: October 28, 2010, 03:10:48 am »

I just beat the
Spoiler: rest of post (click to show/hide)
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25876 on: October 28, 2010, 04:25:50 am »

While I let my mind wander at work, I finally came up with a workable plan for a forum game I've thought about occasionally for a long while.  I'm quite pleased with the premise, and it can theoretically accommodate as many people as care to post in it.  I finally resolved all the hangups about writing a system by deciding to roll some arbitrary dice and wing it, making up the results as I go.  Basically the same thing I did for Angry Red Planet, but more committed from the outset, and not writing a damn novella for every turn result.

Of course, I still have it on my mental backburner behind my GURPS campaign idea, a table-top wargame idea, an MSPA fangame idea, multiple actual novella ideas, and the mountain of schoolwork and chores I need to catch up on.  Why does this have to be such a recurring problem?  I've been whinging about my complete lack of project-management skills for well over a year now.  At least I'm happy that I can think of stuff that entertains me, even if none of it ever goes anywhere.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25877 on: October 28, 2010, 04:50:54 am »

In keeping with celebrating that Halloween is up-coming, I started watching Hellsing Ultimate for the first time today. Most fucking brutal anime I have ever seen, sans the occasional lapse into... well, anime silliness. And this makes me extremely happy, watching a bunch of hapless vampires, ghouls, and the occasional poor soldier get utterly brutalized by Alucard as he shows off exactly how amoral and sadistic he really is... ah, brings a tear of joy to my eye.

Try Berserk sometime?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #25878 on: October 28, 2010, 05:01:49 am »

I just beat the
Spoiler: rest of post (click to show/hide)

It gets more affecting than that later on, although there's some mostly-lighthearted stuff for a while in the meantime. The whole game's like that, really. You don't realize how much it's gotten to you emotionally until it all comes out suddenly.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25879 on: October 28, 2010, 06:08:38 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-41ve90rks8
I... can't... stop... listening...

all your base/ your base/ base/ base/ all your base/ your base/ are belong to us

Move zig.

EDIT:

Also, The Doom ending theme.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 06:30:04 am by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25880 on: October 28, 2010, 06:11:14 am »

Wow do I feel good. Also, something ridiculous happened.

In a good way though. An awesome way, even. I feel good.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #25881 on: October 28, 2010, 06:32:02 am »

I just remembered this little gem:

Spoiler: Rather sizable (click to show/hide)
What is that from, Super Robot Taisen?
It's from the new Super Robot Wars anime.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25882 on: October 28, 2010, 08:23:14 am »

I had a zombie dream last night.

I was playing some kind of video game that was also real life (Sort of like Homestuck, the player character even looked kind of like John).  Anyway, zombies were about to attack so I called some girl named Katie (I think that was it) to tell her I was gonna go kick some zombie ass.  We talked for a while and then she says there's a bunch of cats or something heading toward her back door.  I said alright and hung up, knowing full well it was probably zombies moving in, so I headed to her mansion.  Once I got there I saw that, indeed, there were definitely zombies out there.  I looked in a window and there was a zombie black cat looking right at me.  I shot it and as soon as the gun went off the whole dream shifted gears.  It went from a pretty normal dream that happened to have zombies to having a borderline nightmare atmosphere.  You could feel the tension in the air and there was this noise I can't really describe, like a drawn out version of the punch they always put in the background music when something scary happens to startle you. 

Anyway, Katie, in the house, starts up this stream of gibberish, full-on glossolalia.  She's right next to the front door so I run up and open it, as soon as I do she stops gibbering.  I look in and she's right there.  Gaunt face, sharp teeth, eroded lips and cheeks for a bigger bite, some kind of necrosis turning patches of her face black and white.  She shrieks at me and runs past.  Instead of shooting I timidly ask "Did you get bit?" (hurrr) and then a few seconds later I woke up.  Shoulda shot her ass.
Shoes...

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25883 on: October 28, 2010, 08:53:12 am »

I will never ever play this game but the fact that it exists makes me so happy.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25884 on: October 28, 2010, 09:22:40 am »

I will never ever play this game but the fact that it exists makes me so happy.

Hey, I should make something like that and link it up to that GalGen-based MMO thingy. And then make Duke Nukem Forever.

EDIT:

Maloney, this isn't the letter M. It's a cow.
CHUNG-CHUNG.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 09:35:32 am by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #25885 on: October 28, 2010, 11:16:59 am »

Damn, the resolution on the iPhone 4 is amazing, I must buy one of those.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25886 on: October 28, 2010, 11:29:07 am »

Damn, the resolution on the iPhone 4 is amazing, I must buy one of those.

There's the iPod Touch too, if you want that without all the telephone company strings attached.

I wanted one too, but then I realised I wouldn't get much use out of it. I already have my old iPod and a pretty darn good phone, so why another? Besides, my comp needs an upgrade 'round about now. :P

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #25887 on: October 28, 2010, 11:34:43 am »

Meh I'm messing with iPod touch right now, it's a pretty awesome device. If I ever upgrade, I'd just get another iPod. My phone is one of those cheep 6021 nokia phones. I keep dropping it (I had to replace the frame twice in the past year), so replacing it with iPhone would be silly.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25888 on: October 28, 2010, 11:39:01 am »

Indeed. Not a good idea to drop smartphones.

Nor is it to roughly handle them in any way, either.  :(

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #25889 on: October 28, 2010, 11:40:26 am »

Powder > Dungeon Crawl, particularily since the latest addittions to Dungeon Crawl. But I always thought it was the strongest game, if less refined (I miss autoexplore)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 1724 1725 [1726] 1727 1728 ... 13325