Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1717 1718 [1719] 1720 1721 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15786567 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #25770 on: October 26, 2010, 11:25:33 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:48:44 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #25771 on: October 26, 2010, 11:28:18 pm »

.,,.:;:.,.,)(..|~|,,}{.>*<../\,.%^%,,.,../_-=+=-_\,.#,|||....(-'"'-),,,.][..,,.;^;.,.,#&#.,.,.,,@$@.,.,

Here's a city to store everyone and their punctual mannerisms. Proofreadia.

EDIT:
Can't really come up with a better name right now. And I made an expansion. Forgot a few characters.

Oh, and all characters were readily available on the keyboard. I'm not skimming through Character Map.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 11:36:24 pm by Itnetlolor »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #25772 on: October 26, 2010, 11:31:00 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:48:55 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25773 on: October 26, 2010, 11:31:54 pm »

Realmfighter, semicolons are your friend.
Nooo. Tildes~~~~
...Why is everything creepier with tildes on the end?

.,,.:;:.,.,)(..|~|,,}{.>*<../\,.%^%,,.,../_-=+=-_\,.#,|||....(-'"'-),,,.

Here's a city to store everyone and their punctual mannerisms. Proofreadia.
What manner of abomination is this‽ You didn't even include an interrobang!
A what?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #25774 on: October 26, 2010, 11:33:37 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:49:18 pm by Bauglir »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25775 on: October 26, 2010, 11:34:30 pm »

I try to use ~ for "approximately" and ∴ for "therefore"whenever I get a chance, though semicolons are definitely up there in fun punctuation marks to use. My most regularly-used punctuation would have to be the good old comma though, for all the wonderful ways it can make sentences fit more stuff in them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25776 on: October 26, 2010, 11:39:55 pm »

I thought it was 'bro Duke.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #25777 on: October 26, 2010, 11:42:04 pm »

Bro~~~~

Taze me bro~~~~
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25778 on: October 26, 2010, 11:47:43 pm »

I thought it was 'bro Duke.
Normally it would be, but there are many people in the thread who would question using that punctuation wrongful. From now on I'll use the reference.
'Bro.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25779 on: October 26, 2010, 11:48:45 pm »

'Bro.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25780 on: October 27, 2010, 12:09:18 am »

You're all wrong, the Ampersand is the true lord of punctuation.
& Sees
& Sees You
& Sees You Forever
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25781 on: October 27, 2010, 12:21:39 am »

I try to use ∴ for "therefore"whenever I get a chance.

I know this abbreviation, but I get way too much pleasure out of writing "therefore" and "hence" whenever I do actually have an opportunity to abbreviate.  Same thing for QEA: I'd rather write "contradiction."

One sentence.  "Contradiction."

That is the sound of a math-person jumping up and down, screaming with enthusiasm.

... Rose-dolt just sent me an email telling me that he finished reading/enjoying the Heart of Darkness annotation I did for him and plans to read it a few more times, the fucktard.  Also that he'd like to meet in person to discuss it.  I don't know what I think, how I feel, or what entirely to do, especially since my mental narration just gave the precious line "a jolt shot through her maiden heart."

Thank you, mental narrator, and go screw yourself with a stick.  If you want me to go burn my life up again, you're going to need more interesting turns of phrase.

I should go clean the house or something.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25782 on: October 27, 2010, 12:24:56 am »

Today I slept from 3pm to 9pm and I'm gonna do my usual business from 9pm to 6am.

Fucking sleep schedule, how does it work?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #25783 on: October 27, 2010, 12:34:01 am »

Well, after reading about flight sims and going through some Star Wars tropes; I've got a hankering for an oldie but goldie. I'm feeling up for a bit of classic X-Wing or Tie Fighter. I might take on X-Wing, since I haven't beaten that one yet. Tie Fighter I've gotten done with a decent end rank, as with X-Wing Alliance as well. Let's see if I'm as good a Rebel Pilot as I was working for Imperial Forces.

Recently, if memory serves correctly, I made lieutenant by my third mission on Tie Fighter with a seat in the Emperor's secret special forces (low rank, but a seat nonetheless). Repeat, third mission, I got those ranks (though on normal difficulty).

A trope mention of "Operation: Ram's Head" made me want to play X-Wing again. I forgot how badass those games were.

"Operation: Ram's Head" Cutscene (X-Wing: B-Wing Expansion Pack Mission):
Video

EDIT:
Properly linked now.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 12:44:05 am by Itnetlolor »

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #25784 on: October 27, 2010, 12:55:23 am »

Saw an old roommate in a photo with a bunch of his new fraternity buddies.  I've always had a negative opinion of people in fraternities, but after seeing this good friend of mine with them, who looked like a bunch of normal college kids, I was finally able to let go and not judge.
Pages: 1 ... 1717 1718 [1719] 1720 1721 ... 13325