Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1714 1715 [1716] 1717 1718 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15783862 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #25725 on: October 26, 2010, 10:12:59 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:44:45 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25726 on: October 26, 2010, 10:15:09 pm »

AND that finished it. My last dwarf went crazy, and thus ended the tale of Northsyrups! 2 goblin ambush squads and 2 forgotten beasts attacking in 1 year destroyed the fortress. If you want the save, there's a fort with steel weapons, goblins, and forgotten beasts.

EDIT: That was my first fortress to crumble to it's end too. I feel so proud :D.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:17:56 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25728 on: October 26, 2010, 10:17:28 pm »

I remember ten minutes ago, when sanity and logic ruled the universe. Gosh those were great times.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25729 on: October 26, 2010, 10:19:17 pm »

I remember ten minutes ago, when sanity and logic ruled the universe. Gosh those were great times.
Heresy! Only The Emperor of Mankind rules the universe! Die Chaos-taint! *BLAM*
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:21:37 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #25730 on: October 26, 2010, 10:20:01 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:46:44 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25731 on: October 26, 2010, 10:20:38 pm »

Herasy! Only The Emperor of Mankind rules the universe! Die Chaos-taint! *BLAM*
You misspelled Heresy. That makes you a heretic!!! *DAKKA-DAKKA-DAKKA*
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25732 on: October 26, 2010, 10:22:42 pm »

Herasy! Only The Emperor of Mankind rules the universe! Die Chaos-taint! *BLAM*
You misspelled Heresy. That makes you a heretic!!! *DAKKA-DAKKA-DAKKA*

And you misspelled Hearsay.  Really badly.  That means you need to invest in some better spelling skills... friendo.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25733 on: October 26, 2010, 10:24:24 pm »

And you misspelled Hearsay.  Really badly.  That means you need to invest in some better spelling skills... friendo.
Did not.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25734 on: October 26, 2010, 10:25:14 pm »

I contend that MSH intended to write "hearsay."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25735 on: October 26, 2010, 10:25:49 pm »

Not in the context of Warhammer 40k he didn't.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25736 on: October 26, 2010, 10:27:17 pm »

Not in the context of Warhammer 40k he didn't.

I... need to brush up on the difference between Warhammer 40k and Arthurian legend.  BRB.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25737 on: October 26, 2010, 10:28:02 pm »

Heresy's a pretty big thing when the God-Emperor is concerned. I'd assume this would be true no matter the setting.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25738 on: October 26, 2010, 10:28:36 pm »

Heresy's a pretty big thing when the God-Emperor is concerned. I'd assume this would be true no matter the setting.
Or spelling even.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25739 on: October 26, 2010, 10:29:05 pm »

Indeed.  But "hearsay" makes a lot more sense in terms of King Arthur.  So does "suddenly changing laws of physics."

Pages: 1 ... 1714 1715 [1716] 1717 1718 ... 13325