Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1711 1712 [1713] 1714 1715 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15782060 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #25680 on: October 26, 2010, 04:35:16 pm »

Holy crap, it's a land hurricane. I thought only crappy movies had these.

I am right on the edge of that. Please say that it is going to die out before it gets more inland.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25681 on: October 26, 2010, 04:49:31 pm »

They're calling it a "High Wind Event" around me, and mentioned power outages from downed wires.

I'm excited to see what happens!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25682 on: October 26, 2010, 04:50:30 pm »

Not a whole hell of a lot happened around here. Some wind, yeah, and a little rain, but nothing overly exciting.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25683 on: October 26, 2010, 04:51:21 pm »

You see that Minneapolis dot?
A minute bit east of there, there's a guy laughing at your land hurricane.
He just gets cold rain.
Ha.  Ha.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25684 on: October 26, 2010, 04:51:49 pm »

Severe weather warnings have been issued across the midwest as the worst Chicago storms in decades developed on Tuesday, according to the the National Weather Service.

Winds approaching hurricane strength have built across the region. Gale force winds pummeled Chicago and the region around Lake Michigan.

The National Weather Service said recreational boaters should not go out, and commercial boats should consider staying in port, because of “very strong winds and dangerous sea conditions.”

An intense low pressure system over Minnesota caused the winds, which were expected to last into Wednesday. The weather service said the storm could threaten lives, especially on the lake. Waves could reach 20 or 30 feet.

The powerful winds could create a water surge on the Great Lakes, called a seiche, which might flood shorelines, according to Accuweather.com.

Wee!

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25685 on: October 26, 2010, 04:53:27 pm »

Severe weather warnings have been issued across the midwest as the worst Chicago storms in decades developed on Tuesday, according to the the National Weather Service.

Winds approaching hurricane strength have built across the region. Gale force winds pummeled Chicago and the region around Lake Michigan.

The National Weather Service said recreational boaters should not go out, and commercial boats should consider staying in port, because of “very strong winds and dangerous sea conditions.”

An intense low pressure system over Minnesota caused the winds, which were expected to last into Wednesday. The weather service said the storm could threaten lives, especially on the lake. Waves could reach 20 or 30 feet.

The powerful winds could create a water surge on the Great Lakes, called a seiche, which might flood shorelines, according to Accuweather.com.

Wee!
The attack has begun.
Fear us.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #25686 on: October 26, 2010, 04:55:18 pm »

I wish I would get some interesting weather. It's just been days and days of annoying terrible sun.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25687 on: October 26, 2010, 04:57:26 pm »

Move to Scotland. My sister is always complaining about how it's always raining, and foggy, and there are too many sheep, and how she's allergic to golf and castles, and on and on and on...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25688 on: October 26, 2010, 04:58:14 pm »

I fixed my copy of Minecraft.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25689 on: October 26, 2010, 05:00:08 pm »

Move to Scotland. My sister is always complaining about how it's always raining, and foggy, and there are too many sheep, and how she's allergic to golf and castles, and on and on and on...
allergic to castles? how can she go outside allergic to rock? :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #25690 on: October 26, 2010, 05:01:34 pm »

You should visit Jaycraft :3
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #25691 on: October 26, 2010, 05:03:35 pm »

Yay! The NPR interview is up! http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130837430&ft=1&f=5

It isn't trolling so much because it is illegal (chances are it wasn't where he was driving), but because LaHood was so empassioned about it in the previous several minutes and how dangerous he says it is and how it needs to be banned RIGHT NOW. Driver call @ about 11 minutes, although listening to the whole thing puts it in context.

Geeze, next what, they take away fuzzy dice, radios and cupholders?

"Eating in a car is not an epidemic. Talking on cell phones is an epidemic."

Wut? Moral busybodies. Isn't that right, Ein?
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25692 on: October 26, 2010, 05:09:02 pm »

I discovered a such a thing as Roman Metal seems to Exist.

..and holy shit they aren't representing Romans as lorica segmenta clad unhistorical pieces of crap either. :O
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #25693 on: October 26, 2010, 05:13:05 pm »

Wee!
Break out a skateboard and grab a sheet and ride the winds. I love this kind of weather. Roller blades also work well. Just make sure to keep your balance, or wear something protective, cause you'll go flying.

Another fun activity (provided the water is tolerable temp), dodge the surges and large waves while next to a shore wall.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 05:15:34 pm by Itnetlolor »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25694 on: October 26, 2010, 05:25:03 pm »

You should visit Jaycraft :3
It's a nice server and all, but it suddenly started lagging me to hell, so I'll have to pass.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1711 1712 [1713] 1714 1715 ... 13325