Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1662 1663 [1664] 1665 1666 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15782330 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #24945 on: October 21, 2010, 08:11:40 pm »

Aren't you kind of worried that they'll get pissed and uhh

knife you?

He punched one of them in the head, and they ran away to a teacher.

Thats not gang member actions there.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24946 on: October 21, 2010, 08:11:47 pm »

If I get knifed I get knifed. I'm either going to bleed out and be dead and then not care, or I'll live and have to deal with some debilitating shit for a while/rest of my natural life.
Also yes, private school.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #24947 on: October 21, 2010, 08:13:00 pm »

Sonerohi you are a badass.
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24948 on: October 21, 2010, 08:18:15 pm »

I've been told this before in the Happy Thread. That makes me happier.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Yaaga

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mou... Yui-Senpai... Stop teasing me!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24949 on: October 21, 2010, 08:19:11 pm »

After a day of being misled, having wrongly read some advice for Kyou's route in the Clannad Visual Novel, and running every single different combination of choices that could result from that... several times over... I have just now managed to finally get through it and get Kyou's good end instead of Ryou's good end 1000 times or Kyou's bad end 10000000 times. The stupid thing is, as soon as I realized the mistake I made, fixed that choice, and took the path that seemed most likely to result in a good end... it took me literally one try. At any rate, this makes me happier than when watching K-ON, which is not something I ever thought I'd say.
Minister of Luck - I directly affect everything in an indirect way that may or may not amount to anything! Yay me!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #24950 on: October 21, 2010, 08:21:50 pm »

Normally I wouldn't have a problem but can we move on now? I really don't wanna see all this school violence stuff, since I got a lot of bad memory's about it. Not to mention having a kid in school I worry about all the time, especially since shes at the same school I was at.

Just asking. Anyway for the happys. Steak strips~
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #24951 on: October 21, 2010, 08:22:49 pm »

I'm covered in dog hair and the dog is currently collapsed on his bed. Happy puppy time
To the out of context thread, away!

Also, I've decided to switch my avatar back to the original. Maybe I'll seem more sensible than a shade-wearing space pancake.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #24952 on: October 21, 2010, 08:29:22 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:22:17 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24953 on: October 21, 2010, 08:30:27 pm »

I was going to say my story on the subject, but by the request of Janet I'll keep it to myself. Main points: School didn't suspend me and placed me in some rather small program to make sure I didn't grow up into a hateful racist prick. And I didn't so I guess they were successful.

And dammit Barbarossa there is no way to describe playing with a puppy as anything that can't be taken out of context.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24954 on: October 21, 2010, 08:32:17 pm »

Meh.  I was protecting a bunny rabbit.

But anyway, happy: I feel a lot better and did some elegant math today, plus having a lot of fun with FFVII.  Whee~

Though I don't understand why no fanfiction writers have run away with Aeris's little joke about joining SOLDIER.  It seems like a total waste of a good plot hook.  Shame on you, fandom!  Shame!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24955 on: October 21, 2010, 08:32:49 pm »

-violence snip-
Aren't you kind of worried that they'll get pissed and uhh

knife you?

I don't suspect this is the sort of situation that would escalate... it's just bullies playing with fire until they got burned, or in this case concussed against a metal locker. Do be careful to avoid letting things escalate further, though. I was never much of a fighter at school; I tended to mediate other peoples conflicts, and only fought when someone I cared about was being hurt. Saved most of my fight for home. :P

It's a cold fall night, I have a big bowl of hot Broccoli Cheese soup, and the next 24 hours completely free: no deadlines looming, no tests to study for, no obligations to anyone or anything. Feels nice.

Now, if only I had something to do.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24956 on: October 21, 2010, 08:34:18 pm »

Now, if only I had something to do.
Read Kingdom Come. It's a Paradox MegaLP, and it's awesome.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24957 on: October 21, 2010, 08:53:47 pm »

[:3] Theengs thet mede-a yuoo HEPPY tudey threed.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I em heppy becoose-a I fuoond a Fureffux edd-oon celled Bork Bork Bork! It geefes yuoor Ingleesh text un ooootregeuoos eccent. I furst sev thees vheele-a pleyeeng Gooeeld Vers, und I elveys vundered vhere-a zeey gut it frum.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24958 on: October 21, 2010, 08:54:18 pm »

I just put my car up for sale on craigslist.  Hot damn, I'm ecommercing like a motherfucker.  Now to wait for the offers to come pounding on my door.

I got nine emails in one day.  The first guy I called just agreed to drive an hour across Dallas at night just to look at it.  Holy shit, I should have asked for more money.

That was fun.  Guy tried to talk me down by five hundred, then a thousand, then fifteen hundred before he left.  Then calls back offering his another low price, before telling me to stick the car up my ass.

It's a good thing I spent all those dozens of hours arguing with old men in Recettear to prepare me for this.  Videogaming pays off again!
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #24959 on: October 21, 2010, 08:57:19 pm »

Make no mistake, you didn't sell the car but you won that.  He just spent two hours round-tripping across Dallas in the middle of the night.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 1662 1663 [1664] 1665 1666 ... 13325