Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1649 1650 [1651] 1652 1653 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15772898 times)

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #24750 on: October 20, 2010, 06:18:12 pm »

Newest chapter of beelzebub had be cackling like a madman

I'm so glad it's back on form.
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24751 on: October 20, 2010, 06:18:55 pm »

Installing FFVII on my comp.  I might actually go back and finish FFVI at some point, too, but for now I feel like emoing around as Vincent.
I couldn't stand seven, loved six. Six was the best JRPG I've ever played, ever.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24752 on: October 20, 2010, 06:21:34 pm »

Dirge of Cerberus would be much better for emoing around as Vincent.

a. Don't like FPSs  b. Didn't want to be quite that emo  c. Tifa  d. Amusing pilot-in-training  e. Amusing villain.

I couldn't stand seven, loved six. Six was the best JRPG I've ever played, ever.

Yeah, I actually like some of the others more, but I felt like playing VII.  Don't know why, really.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24753 on: October 20, 2010, 06:24:27 pm »

c. Tifa
Oh?

I should probably finish V at some point. It's one of the only ones I've played that I haven't.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24754 on: October 20, 2010, 06:29:57 pm »

I just put my car up for sale on craigslist.  Hot damn, I'm ecommercing like a motherfucker.  Now to wait for the offers to come pounding on my door.

Installing FFVII on my comp.  I might actually go back and finish FFVI at some point, too, but for now I feel like emoing around as Vincent.

Schweet.  I have an old copy of the FFVII PC version, but I have a sneaking suspicion it's broken.  I've had it for many years, and every time I've tried to play it, across three different computers, it always crashes at the chocobo race.  Patches do nothing.

And yeah, FFVI.  I've played that so goddamn many times, it's not even funny.  I could probably recite half the story from memory.

And I too really should finally finish it by my own merits.  But the end-game just requires so much trudging around and grinding to actually succeed.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24755 on: October 20, 2010, 06:32:33 pm »

c. Tifa
Oh?

Yeah, I always liked taking Cloud, Vincent, and Tifa along.  Airhead pissed me off enough that I brought Tifa along to make up for her existence.  Hope she was happy trailing along in the back with Red XIII and Cait Sith >_>

I've had it for many years, and every time I've tried to play it, across three different computers, it always crashes at the chocobo race.

In which Vector remembers last time she tried to play FFVII because she felt like emoing about, and how it... crashed at the chocobo race.

Excuse me while I go pirate some files.  Arr.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24756 on: October 20, 2010, 06:34:58 pm »

I've had it for many years, and every time I've tried to play it, across three different computers, it always crashes at the chocobo race.

In which Vector remembers last time she tried to play FFVII because she felt like emoing about, and how it... crashed at the chocobo race.

Excuse me while I go pirate some files.  Arr.

Ah ha, so I'm not deluded.  Be a pal, and let me know where you find the right stuff.  I always had a feeling it was some patching or other issue I didn't know, I just never got around to trying to pirate a fix.  Which wouldn't even be piracy, since I own a copy anyway.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24757 on: October 20, 2010, 06:36:20 pm »

I just put my car up for sale on craigslist.  Hot damn, I'm ecommercing like a motherfucker.  Now to wait for the offers to come pounding on my door.
Wasn't this the car with... uh, reliability issues?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24758 on: October 20, 2010, 06:39:53 pm »

Don't post that here, the prospective idiots buyers might see!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24759 on: October 20, 2010, 06:41:54 pm »

It's always struck me as very strange how much love and camera-time Vincent gets, all the way up to having his own spinoff game.  He was an extra, secret character you could easily skip right past without noticing, and therefor had essentially no impact on the story and barely any lines.

Shut the Hell up, before someone hears you.  I need to get this heap out of my driveway before something else on it breaks.

On that note, if anyone's looking for an offroader to make a good project car, man have I got a deal for you!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #24760 on: October 20, 2010, 06:45:02 pm »

I just built a Mechanized gun in Arcanum.

Holy shit this thing is like a steampunk machinegun.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24761 on: October 20, 2010, 06:49:25 pm »

Holy shit this thing is like a steampunk machinegun.

No, it is a steampunk machinegun.  And if you're up to that level of mechanical prowess, you should look around for the Automaton blueprints.  All hail the Automaton.

Oh hey, new MythBusters tonight.  And oh crap, I had things I'm supposed to be doing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24762 on: October 20, 2010, 06:50:22 pm »

It's always struck me as very strange how much love and camera-time Vincent gets, all the way up to having his own spinoff game.  He was an extra, secret character you could easily skip right past without noticing, and therefor had essentially no impact on the story and barely any lines.

Some people like him as a serious character who Understands Their Pain.  I mostly thought he was hilarious, kind of like a character from a Victor Hugo novel.  So stupidly overblown and dramatic, you know?  And then you go by Costa Del Sol and there's this guy in your party wearing black, head to toe, with a giant metal thing grafted onto his arm.

Then there was Advent Children, where he had that absurdly deep voice and all the flappy cape "I need a cellphone" business.

Anyway, I enjoyed the incongruousness.  Might even enjoy Dirge of Cerberus as a work of humor, though I doubt it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24763 on: October 20, 2010, 06:51:32 pm »

Him and Yuffie. And yet in DoC, there's almost certainly something going on between them. Or between Vincent and that 19-year-old-with-a-9-year-old's-body.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24764 on: October 20, 2010, 07:00:05 pm »

I missed Vincent entirely. Didn't find out he even existed until much later.

Also, FF6 was the greatest game ever. EVER.

From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 1649 1650 [1651] 1652 1653 ... 13325