Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1634 1635 [1636] 1637 1638 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15781943 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #24525 on: October 18, 2010, 06:21:42 pm »

Yeah I'm pretty French Canadian, my last name has a French accent in it as well.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #24526 on: October 18, 2010, 06:49:13 pm »

Just finished mocking up a flowchart for a DF-related Cracked.com article.

Check it out. It turned out better than I thought for crunching in 4 hours of work (most of it being typing and awaiting client review). Maintaining the effect and consistency, and still letting it all link up with all the effects was a bit of a challenge; especially when trying to keep it making sense. I think it flows pretty well.

It was nice to offer my services, and take on a challenge while at it. :)

EDIT:
It may take a moment to understand it, but when reading it, the process is supposed to flow like it looks. The choices are mostly guidance, but those without are implied to work in a nearest-neighbor fashion; and are mostly rhetorical in nature.

EDIT EDIT:
Got to, and am, replaying Chrono Trigger (This time, the DS edition). This is gonna be fun. Sure, the screen's much smaller than I'm used to playing, and there are a few new bells and whistles (plays similarly to the PSX version), and an arena mode; that ought to be fun. So far, it seems it's translated well to the DS, and has several more additions, or so I've heard (some Extra-mode bosses here and there, some (∞+1)+1) weapons, and a Final Final Boss Battle (I think the Time Devourer, which is loads more difficult than Lavos originally). On the side, I'm taking on another Castlevania game (Dawn of Sorrow; I beat the GBA Aria of Sorrow last year, I think) in the spirit of October. So far, some fiends are being really annoying about offering their souls. I don't care if you're a 3-star rarity!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 07:09:57 pm by Itnetlolor »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24527 on: October 18, 2010, 06:50:12 pm »

My brother is coming home for Christmas! :D
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24528 on: October 18, 2010, 06:52:01 pm »

My brother is coming home for Christmas! :D
Brooooooooooooooooooooooo

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #24529 on: October 18, 2010, 07:12:48 pm »

Check it out. It turned out better than I thought for crunching in 4 hours of work (most of it being typing and awaiting client review). Maintaining the effect and consistency, and still letting it all link up with all the effects was a bit of a challenge; especially when trying to keep it making sense. I think it flows pretty well.

EDIT:
It may take a moment to understand it, but when reading it, the process is supposed to flow like it looks. The choices are mostly guidance, but those without are implied to work in a nearest-neighbor fashion; and are mostly rhetorical in nature.

That flowchart is completely unintelligible.
Shoes...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24530 on: October 18, 2010, 07:14:52 pm »

EDIT:

Good, then it describes how to win DF perfectly.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #24531 on: October 18, 2010, 07:31:16 pm »

EDIT:

As in it's near-impossible to read.

I mean, how did whoever made it not notice that brown on brown on murky-red-brown looks like crap?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #24532 on: October 18, 2010, 08:02:48 pm »

EDIT:

As in it's near-impossible to read.

I mean, how did whoever made it not notice that brown on brown on murky-red-brown looks like crap?
So... are you saying it is horribly convoluted, unintelligible without a week of study, and has a UI which looks like crap? Because if so, its the best DF chart evar!  8)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24533 on: October 18, 2010, 08:04:16 pm »

I think the rest of that article is fine, but yeah the flow chart should have a little better presentation.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24534 on: October 18, 2010, 08:06:33 pm »

I still don't think that page is anything worth reading. All other Cracked pages: self deprecating humor, absurdity, epic real life shit. Dwarf Fortress page: circle jerking. 
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #24535 on: October 18, 2010, 08:26:30 pm »

Well, by a very very stretched definition of sunlight...

One of these babies up in space might just do the trick.

Damn I want one of those things.
I'd rather have a rail gun, those things have much better range and speed. And you can put one into space, and it will still work! (Just surround the metal bullet in ceramic or something, you don't need penetration when going that fast)

These things can currently launch stuff at 10 times the speed of sound, just imagine how fast that will get after say, twenty years? Prepare for assassinations by space rail gun.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24536 on: October 18, 2010, 08:30:18 pm »

Railgun.
Faster than laser.

I don't think so buddy.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24537 on: October 18, 2010, 08:31:28 pm »

Railgun.
Faster than laser.

I don't think so buddy.
And yet, at those speeds, the difference is irrelevant. And the laser's range wouldn't be nearly enough to do much from orbit. Nor would it be as fun to watch.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #24538 on: October 18, 2010, 08:33:14 pm »

Lasers dissipate over time (At least I would assume they do, refraction from water droplets or something I guess). You ever see a bullet dissipate in midair?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24539 on: October 18, 2010, 08:34:24 pm »

Lasers simply aren't effective as weapons. Hell, if someone tries to attack you with a laser all you have to do to kill them with their own weapon is hold up a mirror.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1634 1635 [1636] 1637 1638 ... 13325