Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1633 1634 [1635] 1636 1637 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15782246 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #24510 on: October 18, 2010, 05:21:54 pm »

Especially the French Canadians
Oi, Toony is part French Canadian.

And while him being only half-crazy may be a valid reason let's not discriminate against our friends here.

Except the French ones. Damn them.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24511 on: October 18, 2010, 05:24:00 pm »

Honestly. When Quebec starting making noice about how it was going to become its own country, the rest of Canada went "Meh"

Well, everyone buy Ontario went "Me-Oh wait that would mean Ontario gets more then half of the seats in the government please don't go Quebec."

« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 05:25:47 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #24512 on: October 18, 2010, 05:26:17 pm »

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-10/nerd-chief-obama-appear-mythbusters
Obama really blew it this time. He went on mythbusters and didn't even lend them a single nuclear weapon to test myths about nuclear explosions!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24513 on: October 18, 2010, 05:29:54 pm »

Obama on Mythbusters?  Woah.  Mind blown.
They're finally going to bust(or prove) the myth that he's a secret Muslim?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24514 on: October 18, 2010, 05:31:14 pm »

His middle name is Hussein! Undeniable proof!

But yeah, I wager most articles have done that joke to death already.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #24515 on: October 18, 2010, 05:31:35 pm »

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-10/nerd-chief-obama-appear-mythbusters
Obama really blew it this time. He went on mythbusters and didn't even lend them a single nuclear weapon to test myths about nuclear explosions!
He said that he was frustrated that he didn't get to blow anything up. I bet that he would if he could.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24516 on: October 18, 2010, 05:35:22 pm »

He said that he was frustrated that he didn't get to blow anything up. I bet that he would if he could.
Oh please, don't give me that. We have plenty of nukes and he's the damn President. He could have detonated one for them easy.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #24517 on: October 18, 2010, 05:41:23 pm »

French Canadians are so bad even the real French don't want them.

Even the French Canadians don't want them.

Self discrimination is the greatest form of Comedy.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24518 on: October 18, 2010, 05:46:44 pm »

News in action, because it's a little frightening know that as I was typing stuff, "reporters" were cranking out pages to post on websites all over the net.

On the episode, Obama will ask Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman to test whether it was possible for the Greek scientist Archimedes, as told in story, to have set fire to an invading fleet using a giant mirror and the reflected rays of the sun. Which forces me to ask: What the hell is the government secretly planning to do with a giant mirror weapon?

I'd be amazed if they don't mention the "other" Presidential myths somewhere in the process.  Savage in particular is not afraid to get political when he wants to.  I guess the biggest question is, whose idea was it to reanimate the lurching corpse of the Archimedes death ray, and how did they convince Adam and Jamie, after they swore up and down to never touch that crap again?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24519 on: October 18, 2010, 05:49:18 pm »

They already tested the "set ye olde ships on fire using only mirrors and sunlight".
AND had a contest to do it again.
Why a third time?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #24520 on: October 18, 2010, 05:50:19 pm »

Ninja'd.

But yeah. Unless your DoD is going to put their minds to it?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24521 on: October 18, 2010, 05:55:04 pm »

Is there even anything remotely sunlight-flammable on ship hulls anymore? (besides people getting sunburned)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24522 on: October 18, 2010, 05:56:52 pm »

I imagine it went a lot like the scene from Independence Day when they learn about Area 51.

Adam: Thank you for having us here Mr. President. Now I want to talk to you about the show and our schedule, and I gotta cross some stuff off because they just don't plain work. For example, the section on the setting boats alight with mirrors and the sun. It just doesn't work.
 Obama: That's... not entirely true.
 Jamie: ...
 Adam: ... Awesome.

And then we learn about the secret American superweapon first developed during the Clinton years and finally perfected this year.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24523 on: October 18, 2010, 06:06:25 pm »

OHGOD

I really hope that happens, it will be awesome!!!!!
Also i'm not from america and i can watch SP just fine :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24524 on: October 18, 2010, 06:09:31 pm »

Well, by a very very stretched definition of sunlight...

One of these babies up in space might just do the trick.

Damn I want one of those things.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.
Pages: 1 ... 1633 1634 [1635] 1636 1637 ... 13325