Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1599 1600 [1601] 1602 1603 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15797021 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #24000 on: October 15, 2010, 03:32:31 pm »

... Yeah lets go with that. Sure.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24001 on: October 15, 2010, 03:40:07 pm »

LOVE IS WAR, SEND IN THE TANKS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24002 on: October 15, 2010, 05:11:05 pm »

I decided to replay PoP The Two Thrones for the hell of it, I've never played warrior within, Loved sands of time, and never got to finish this one.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #24003 on: October 15, 2010, 05:18:13 pm »

I decided to replay PoP The Two Thrones for the hell of it, I've never played warrior within, Loved sands of time, and never got to finish this one.
Now I want to play Prince of Persia. 60 minutes to beat a game? You're on!

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #24004 on: October 15, 2010, 05:20:38 pm »

I loved Sands of Time, but Warrior Within was terrible.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24005 on: October 15, 2010, 05:27:18 pm »

From what I heard Warrior Within had WAY too much emo angst BS. So far Two Thrones seems fun, the Dark Prince is amuseing at the very least.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24006 on: October 15, 2010, 05:28:43 pm »

Sorry to be off-topic, but I need an expression of derision.

Does anyone have one?  My preferred saying "Pfffft, you're a goddamned idiot" is not going to work here.  I need something unspoken, preferably physical.

Uhhh, happy.  I'm happy that most of the work on this stinking story is coming down to "an expression of derision that isn't snorting" and I have two more ideas where that one came from.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24007 on: October 15, 2010, 05:30:11 pm »

Looking over the glasses, Hands across the chest and sighing.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24008 on: October 15, 2010, 05:33:06 pm »

Sorry to be off-topic, but I need an expression of derision.

Does anyone have one?  My preferred saying "Pfffft, you're a goddamned idiot" is not going to work here.  I need something unspoken, preferably physical.

Uhhh, happy.  I'm happy that most of the work on this stinking story is coming down to "an expression of derision that isn't snorting" and I have two more ideas where that one came from.
I tend to go with one of two.
1)closeing my eyes, pinching the very top of my nose(right between the eyes) gently with my index finger and my thumb, sometimes letting the other fingers wrap around my nose
2)smacking the person upside the head.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24009 on: October 15, 2010, 05:34:18 pm »

Hands across the chest and sighing.

Hmm.  Character doesn't have glasses.  Might be able to get the latter.

I tend to go with one of two.
1)closeing my eyes, pinching the very top of my nose(right between the eyes) gently with my index finger and my thumb, sometimes letting the other fingers wrap around my nose
2)smacking the person upside the head.

Ah!  First one is pretty good.  Second won't work... character is ah, mild-mannered to put it delicately.  I'll see how it works, but more ideas are always welcome.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24010 on: October 15, 2010, 05:35:40 pm »

Well, when I need a shot of derision I go in for eye rolling, looking down sadly, sighing, tongue clicking, tutting, cold stare accompanied by ominous silence, wrinkled nose (only really works if the one being derisive is snooty), slouching in resignation or covering face with hands for a little while.

Also, Vector, I swear I'm seeing an avatar flash up under your name for a second sometimes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24011 on: October 15, 2010, 05:37:05 pm »

With a cocked eyebrow.

From what I heard Warrior Within had WAY too much emo angst BS. So far Two Thrones seems fun, the Dark Prince is amuseing at the very least.
How would YOU feel if you were hunted day and night by a time paradox that you created and was hell-bent on killing you? In addition to the <everything else> that was also trying to do you in?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24012 on: October 15, 2010, 05:39:31 pm »

Yeah, what I need is a reaction strong enough that the other person will be embarrassed, but weak enough that he won't feel the need to change his behavior at that point.

A sort of "what the hell is wrong with you, you loon" cloaked in enough, uh, nicety that it doesn't come across completely to the oblivious.

Wrinkled nose is great, though.  I think it might be perfect, in fact.  Thanks for the help!

With a cocked eyebrow.

Initially had her raising her eyebrow and laughing under her breath, but it didn't work rhythm-wise (composite gestures are really a bitch to write) or character-wise.  Pity...

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24013 on: October 15, 2010, 05:41:12 pm »

How about an implied facepalm?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24014 on: October 15, 2010, 05:42:11 pm »

For look over the glasses, picture someone looking over their glasses like above, and then remove their glasses.

Still works.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 ... 1599 1600 [1601] 1602 1603 ... 13325