Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1596 1597 [1598] 1599 1600 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15798170 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #23955 on: October 14, 2010, 11:37:30 pm »

I got permission from the weightlifting coach to use the punching bags in the upstairs gym. ^_^
Awesome. Now you just have to hit them!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #23956 on: October 14, 2010, 11:39:45 pm »

I got permission from the weightlifting coach to use the punching bags in the upstairs gym. ^_^
Awesome. Now you just have to hit them!

I laughed so hard that I got SUPER PISSED looks from everyone else around me at the library.

hehe
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23957 on: October 14, 2010, 11:46:03 pm »

Elegy is looking at us with a really weird bulbasaur from some library?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #23958 on: October 14, 2010, 11:49:39 pm »

I'm trying to write ♠ philosophy p♠per on why ♠ristotle's ♠rgument for wh♠t ♠ soul is is more pl♠usible th♠n Pl♠to's. The best pl♠ce to work on c♠mpus is the libr♠ry, but...  I get sidetr♠cked re♠lly e♠sily by the internet..
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #23959 on: October 14, 2010, 11:52:18 pm »

Watching the FA LP of Seaman. Oh man, I feel 13 again listening to all these 'seamen' and 'egg' jokes.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23960 on: October 15, 2010, 12:01:17 am »

I'm trying to write ♠ philosophy p♠per on why ♠ristotle's ♠rgument for wh♠t ♠ soul is is more pl♠usible th♠n Pl♠to's. The best pl♠ce to work on c♠mpus is the libr♠ry, but...  I get sidetr♠cked re♠lly e♠sily by the internet..
The a's that you wrote in that sentance seem to be ace of spades...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23961 on: October 15, 2010, 12:05:16 am »

Watching the FA LP of Seaman. Oh man, I feel 13 again listening to all these 'seamen' and 'egg' jokes.
You have Pipes! and Maxwell Adams guiding you on this blizzard tour of excellency and greatness. You are in good hands.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23962 on: October 15, 2010, 12:11:14 am »

I am currently reading Earth: The Book.  It is a magnificent and worthy sequel to America: The Book, although I do find the incredibly high density of sexual jokes a little grating.  Yes, I get it, relationship terms of any kind are metaphors for trying to get jiggy, you can go back to referencing old TV shows now.

I am genuinely surprised that you don't own a punching bag, or something to double as one.  And you call yourself a professional shitkicker.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23963 on: October 15, 2010, 12:21:21 am »

Surely he has a younger sibling, right? Eh? EH?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23964 on: October 15, 2010, 12:28:14 am »

Welcome back! On the topic of not posting much anymore, are you being slowly cut off from the internet, or are you growing tired of the forum? It'd be sad to see you go.

My favorite professor is teaching a scary, scary class I need to graduate, so I have to study... also, I'm trying to get some writing published.

Also, I probably won't have internets in my apartment for the next two and a half years, because it's cheaper and my major really requires no computer usage.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23965 on: October 15, 2010, 02:39:37 am »

Guggenheim Grotto. I first heard these guys play as an opener for a They Might Be Giants concert about a year ago, and they've since matured into a fine band. I'm digging their folksiness, with thoughtful ballad-style lyrics, variety of instruments, and catchy melodies.

Also, I probably won't have internets in my apartment for the next two and a half years, because it's cheaper and my major really requires no computer usage.

I tried going without internet when I first moved out, but since I wasn't getting cable TV, it pretty much cut me off from news, and the rest of the world... and since you can't really invite people over to a one-room Efficiency, I got pretty lonely pretty quickly. I might advise reconsidering the stance, unless you're also trying to cut yourself off from it for a time.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23966 on: October 15, 2010, 04:07:51 am »

I tried going without internet when I first moved out, but since I wasn't getting cable TV, it pretty much cut me off from news, and the rest of the world... and since you can't really invite people over to a one-room Efficiency, I got pretty lonely pretty quickly. I might advise reconsidering the stance, unless you're also trying to cut yourself off from it for a time.

Ding!

I don't worry too much about the inability to invite people over, since to be frank I pretty much never have anyone over anyhow.  I shall take advantage of the math department's bi-weekly teas.  Hooray for anti-social people milling about and looking at each other's shoes (provided that they're extroverts.  The introverts keep to their own footwear, thank you very much)!

Meh.  In more seriousness, I've realized that most IMing just makes me feel unhappy and hollow (since I have Thyme and Glory's addresses, and I only talk to Thyme and Ebony on any sort of regular basis, anyhow...).  Sad as it is, I can feel Thyme's life beginning to fall apart, and I really don't want to have to pull her through it.  I've given her my advice.  If she's going to pick the "play now, pay never" plan, I don't want to deal with the aftermath.  She's adult enough to make her own shitty choices without my needing to help her keep things together, and for goodness' sakes, I don't need to deal with her defensive sassing when I give her advice on what looks like an explosive situation.

[/rant rant rant]

In other words, I'm making a conscious effort to go connect with people in my classes and be open about who I am, rather than just hiding behind a screen of passive "but it'll be easier on the yinternets!"  Yes, it would be easier on the internet.  I'll still be living quite close to campus, within quick biking distance, with roommates and lots of pretty paper to write letters on.  Plus, there's a lot of campus computer labs, and the entire thing is wirelessed up if I ever feel a really pressing need to IM people.

Thanks for the advice, though--I will think about it.

My mom says my short story is pretty good :D  It has twists, it has turns, and she likes the way I wrote it.  Mostly.  There's still maybe four or five little action segments she thought were kind of dead in the water, but she seemed to have a lot of fun with the rest of it.

I figure that anything where I get to insert this exchange is, at the very least, worth the time it took to write:

"So, Margaret, how long would you say you've been... existence-challenged?"

"You really can't remember our wedding?"

Pffft.  What an ass.  But I am having a lot of fun writing him.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23967 on: October 15, 2010, 04:43:07 am »

I just viewed the biggest quote pyrimid in the Various Nonsense thread.

HO-LY. SHIT.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23968 on: October 15, 2010, 06:50:59 am »

Okay, so, just spent several hours with one of the girls I came out to and you know what? Things haven't changed in the slightest between us. I am dizzy from laughing, the amount of fun we had.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23969 on: October 15, 2010, 07:34:15 am »

My favorite professor is teaching a scary, scary class I need to graduate, so I have to study... also, I'm trying to get some writing published.

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait. Wait. You're a super math genius. What class could possibly scare you?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 1596 1597 [1598] 1599 1600 ... 13325