Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1568 1569 [1570] 1571 1572 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15779045 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #23535 on: October 12, 2010, 11:29:47 pm »

Hell I was thinking of asking for book recommendation now. Fuck what anyone else thinks I'm gonna start reading. And hell even writing.
Freakonomics shows a strange position on socital concepts that you'd never think were tied together, but it's rather hit or miss. Pretty much anything by Stephen King tends to be good. At The Mountains of Madness, Rats In The Walls, The Nameless City, and The Shunned House are all excellent (if a bit old) in the event you're looking for Cosmic Horror.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #23536 on: October 12, 2010, 11:31:19 pm »

What the Hell is VN?
Also known as Zuhayr.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23537 on: October 12, 2010, 11:31:50 pm »

It was before your time.
Let it remain in the past.

Yaaga

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mou... Yui-Senpai... Stop teasing me!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23538 on: October 12, 2010, 11:32:58 pm »

It's gonna. I think the silly has ran it's course already.

Hell I was thinking of asking for book recommendation now. Fuck what anyone else thinks I'm gonna start reading. And hell even writing.

Not sure what I can offer in terms of writing advice, however if you haven't already and you enjoy murder mysteries Agatha Christie is good. Of course I only learned of them through Touhou so you've liably at least heard of And Then There Were None, considering you're the reason (At least partially) I even know Touhou.
What the Hell is VN?

It is the past. Something we must not return to, a body buried by us all so that none of us can speak of it again.
Minister of Luck - I directly affect everything in an indirect way that may or may not amount to anything! Yay me!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23539 on: October 12, 2010, 11:33:58 pm »

We buried that place far beneath the glacier it was made upon. Before it was a thriving ice flow for Penguins and the like, now no living thing can survive there anymore. We do our best to keep it from ever harming another soul again.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #23540 on: October 12, 2010, 11:34:47 pm »

You know we aren't obligated to answer every time and just dig the topic up further and further.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #23541 on: October 12, 2010, 11:36:25 pm »

Brb search function.  Old forum shame makes me happy.
Also known as Zuhayr.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23542 on: October 12, 2010, 11:38:03 pm »

Here.
All that's left.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23543 on: October 12, 2010, 11:38:19 pm »

You can't find it, only the chosen few can still view it.

Honestly, it wasn't a big deal.  It was basically GD/Life Advice/Forum Games rolled into one.  Since there wasn't any structure there was a lot of stupid stuff that eventually began to flaunt the forum rules and Toady created the new Finally...
Shoes...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #23544 on: October 12, 2010, 11:43:44 pm »

Think of the random chatter of General Discussion, combined with the seriousness of Life Advice, only with a few penguins. Honestly, not that interesting.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23545 on: October 12, 2010, 11:43:47 pm »

What the Hell is VN?

The lower forums used to be lumped together as Various Nonsense (as opposed to General Discussion, Forum Games, Life Advice, &c).  Unfortunately, the internet creeped into VN.  It too closely resembled /b/ for Toady's liking, so it was closed.  Supposedly, some users could still view (but not post in) it.  I have no idea if it still exists.

Some days/weeks later, it was replaced with GD and maybe something else.  I think with GD came the Forum Guidelines thread, though that may have come a bit later.

I think somebody posted a "History of VN" once upon a time that goes into more detail.  Anyway, my memory's quite hazy at this point and I'm not a consistently active forumgoer/forumite/citizen of Bay 12, but that's the gist of it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #23546 on: October 12, 2010, 11:47:14 pm »

I believe all of the Finally forums already existed, they just weren't used as much. The main reason VN grew as it did was because you could always find someone online there. There were threads that moved twice as quickly as this one.

Supposedly, some users could still view (but not post in) it.  I have no idea if it still exists.
Aye, the people that posted in the VN archiving thread near the beginning can still view the forum, but posts can't be made, every image on the board was removed, quotes do not work, and I believe we're not supposed to copy/paste anything from it to other parts of the forum.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23547 on: October 12, 2010, 11:51:56 pm »

Yes, that's why VN got horrible.  Now that there was somewhere for all the useful threads VN became a place where you posted nonsense that you wouldn't get away with on the other forums.  Giant quote pyramids, memes, all kinds of stupid, contentless threads.
Shoes...

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23548 on: October 12, 2010, 11:59:06 pm »

Yes, that's why VN got horrible.  Now that there was somewhere for all the useful threads VN became a place where you posted nonsense that you wouldn't get away with on the other forums.  Giant quote pyramids, memes, all kinds of stupid, contentless threads.

IIRC it also leaked into the other forums in the form of the mobile battle fortress thread (or whatever it was called).  The OP (Inaluct?) would move it to various forums.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #23549 on: October 13, 2010, 12:02:00 am »

Why are people still talking about this? That was like 8 years ago.
Pages: 1 ... 1568 1569 [1570] 1571 1572 ... 13325