Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1518 1519 [1520] 1521 1522 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15765988 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #22785 on: October 08, 2010, 05:09:11 pm »

I'm happy because I just got the Civilization V game. :D

Edit: Curiously, I also get steam with it.... and I bought it at Best Buy.

Edit2: Is anybody having problems connecting to steam at this time? as its trying to connect but it goes cannot contact the steam network at this time.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 05:16:40 pm by smjjames »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22786 on: October 08, 2010, 05:17:29 pm »

I write like J. D. Salinger.

I thought the Catcher in The Rye was about teenage angst, I didn't know it involved sentient houses eating people.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22787 on: October 08, 2010, 05:19:41 pm »

I didn't like The Catcher in the Rye at all, I like how all the people I write like I like.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #22788 on: October 08, 2010, 05:39:18 pm »

My computer has got virus. It's one of those silly chat type viruses. I've a got a liveCD with avast taking care of it right now.
A friend sent me an executable file through pidgin on my linux machine with the word "foto". I moved the file over to windows to check it out. The file vanished after I ran it, at first I thought it deleted itself, I moved my flash over to Linux for formatting and I found it was still there, only hidden. It's funny how these things are built for the average Joe, the file had the icon of a bitmap, I gues the guy thought I'd have extensions hidden or something. It installs a another messenger application under \program files\messenger and has it replace the current, real one, having it start up on boot. Cute.
This made you happy?

Of course. It's fun to watch those little things try to keep themselves alive before you squash them underfoot.

I think computer viruses count as living entities. I mean, they self-replicate and act autonomously. No different from any other simple animal really.
I find it amusing. People work their asses off writing things that will stay alive forever, and then write some insane script that'll deploy the virus, and yet, this guy makes an executable, makes it appear to be an image, and has it call itself on boot after it's safely hidden somewhere on your drive.
I hope it hasn't done much damage, though, I was going to format this sucker sooner or later...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22789 on: October 08, 2010, 05:57:01 pm »

And a five page paragraph apparently puts me squarely in the realm of the Stephen Kings of the writing world.

This thing is an ego boosting machine and I'm glad to have it.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #22790 on: October 08, 2010, 06:00:34 pm »

I really wanted to write like Vonnegut, as he's my favorite writer, but EVERY SINGLE ESSAY I gave them was Stephen King.

I've never even read a steven king novel  ::)
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22791 on: October 08, 2010, 06:49:44 pm »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22792 on: October 08, 2010, 06:50:49 pm »

cute Elegy avvy is cute.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #22793 on: October 08, 2010, 07:00:02 pm »

Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22794 on: October 08, 2010, 07:02:35 pm »

Shit.

It took me about a minute to get that because I have never seen the name of that song written down before.

But now it is working.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22795 on: October 08, 2010, 07:03:25 pm »

I don't see why that is so bad.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #22796 on: October 08, 2010, 07:06:00 pm »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22798 on: October 08, 2010, 07:09:34 pm »

Associational syndrome.  It's basically just saying "Hey! Hey! Don't think about Feliz Navidad!"  And bam, you're thinking about it and the harder you try not to the more you hear it.  Human brains, how do they work?

It gave me Dan Brown.

Huh. Did you make a bunch of shit up for your essay?
and made it sound true?

This is indeed my greatest skill at writing.  I've been reading a couple of the essays I threw in there.  I am the windiest shitbag in the world.

On that note, I'm thinking of starting a friendly politics thread, where I offer my nearly-professional predictions on the upcoming American elections.  So as not to waste space making the thread straight up, anyone interested?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 1518 1519 [1520] 1521 1522 ... 13325