Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1431 1432 [1433] 1434 1435 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15779912 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #21480 on: September 24, 2010, 02:15:14 am »

Modeling Real-World Data with Sinusoidal Functions.
That is my math homework tonight.
We have one problem to do, and that's it.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21481 on: September 24, 2010, 02:20:53 am »

Si, senor

I'm trying for BEST END.

Zing. Good luck, I love the Best End.
I beat it like four times just for that shit.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21482 on: September 24, 2010, 02:27:42 am »

Nah, I've been learning MSA as far as I know.  They were teaching me colors, basic verbs, and the word(s) for camel/desert/kingdom/whatever ::)  I say "a smattering" because my brain holds onto stupid things, rather than any sort of cohesive whole, and all too often I'm left stuck with, say, half the colors in a language, four or five numbers, the word for "potted plant," and a small variety of relatively useless foods, animals, and landscape features.

I have two books, but not that one:

Arabic Verbs and essentials of grammar (Wightwick and Gaafar)
Basic Arabic Workbook [does not look like workbook at all] (John Mace)

I can probably still read children's storybooks and fairytales pretty well, but my writing is terrible.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vaftrudner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21483 on: September 24, 2010, 02:38:30 am »

Nah, I've been learning MSA as far as I know.  They were teaching me colors, basic verbs, and the word(s) for camel/desert/kingdom/whatever ::)  I say "a smattering" because my brain holds onto stupid things, rather than any sort of cohesive whole, and all too often I'm left stuck with, say, half the colors in a language, four or five numbers, the word for "potted plant," and a small variety of relatively useless foods, animals, and landscape features.

I have two books, but not that one:

Arabic Verbs and essentials of grammar (Wightwick and Gaafar)
Basic Arabic Workbook [does not look like workbook at all] (John Mace)

I can probably still read children's storybooks and fairytales pretty well, but my writing is terrible.
I know how you feel, I also learn random crap. I remember when I took French as a kid for a short while, I couldn't remember basic words like "here" and "there" but I can still to this day with no trouble whatsoever spell and pronounce "quotidien" :D This is a very good book with basic vocabulary in MSA, Google books only have some pages for preview though. I haven't heard about the books you have so I can't speak for them.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21484 on: September 24, 2010, 02:41:28 am »

Si, senor

I'm trying for BEST END.

Hehe, Misery keeps on killing me and the guide says I gotta not lose much health and not use the life pot (it's so tempting, just to kill that bitch)
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21485 on: September 24, 2010, 02:42:30 am »

Thanks for the tips!  Much appreciated.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21486 on: September 24, 2010, 02:46:01 am »

I'm happy that my father's tests have come back and nothing is wrong with him. A bit strange concidering how much he drinks and smokes.

Vaftrudner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21487 on: September 24, 2010, 02:48:01 am »

No problem. One last thing I forgot, wordreference.com has a decent dictionary and their forum is great for any language learner, it's friendly and they're happy to answer questions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21488 on: September 24, 2010, 02:55:12 am »

No problem. One last thing I forgot, wordreference.com has a decent dictionary and their forum is great for any language learner, it's friendly and they're happy to answer questions.

Ah, yeah, wordreference is great.  Didn't know they did Arabic, though... I've posted a couple times under QuodEstAbsurdum, should we happen to run into each other over there, as well =)

Vaftrudner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21489 on: September 24, 2010, 03:34:45 am »

Ah, yeah, wordreference is great.  Didn't know they did Arabic, though... I've posted a couple times under QuodEstAbsurdum, should we happen to run into each other over there, as well =)
I have the same nick there, but I mostly hang out in the Nordic Languages section. Swedish is my first language and I'm shocked enough when people want to learn it to spend hours helping them :) I like teaching though and would like to become a teacher one day, so if you have any questions about Arabic, drop me a line.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #21490 on: September 24, 2010, 04:25:01 am »

Sounds like what they teach here in school. I've learned this stuff for three years and I still can't read or speak fluently. Thank god it isn't mandatory anymore.
e, wordreference has a Russian forum, awesome.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 04:29:30 am by ILikePie »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21491 on: September 24, 2010, 06:32:07 am »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21492 on: September 24, 2010, 07:27:34 am »

Si, senor

I'm trying for BEST END.

If you beat hell in under 3 min you get much cooler title music (or be lazy and look up "White" in the Cave Story soundtrack)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #21493 on: September 24, 2010, 07:33:28 am »

Show 'em how funky and strong is your fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right
Just beat iiiiit, beat iiiiit

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 1431 1432 [1433] 1434 1435 ... 13325