Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1417 1418 [1419] 1420 1421 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15777483 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #21270 on: September 22, 2010, 09:26:36 pm »

Classes were awesome today; it feels great to be back in a Lab again, and we had some great discussion in Anthropology this afternoon. Also, I met Sally, a mutant triploid Salamander pet of one of the new staff members of the Biology department. The salamander is extremely awesome; she has no species, and literally has complete sets of genes from 3 unique salamander species... and apparently has the ability to reproduce entirely by herself. She can also take multiple samples of sperm from the environment, and select which set of genes she wants to use, or just use her own. She's literally one of a kind... and it's crazy cool to hear about stuff like this.

Better call the Foundation...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21271 on: September 22, 2010, 09:27:50 pm »

Guess why I am happy today?

Although really that salamander is odd. What is the story there?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #21272 on: September 22, 2010, 09:29:29 pm »

Yes please. That salamander is either a joke or the most awesome thing I have heard all week. Do tell.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21273 on: September 22, 2010, 09:31:09 pm »

Classes were awesome today; it feels great to be back in a Lab again, and we had some great discussion in Anthropology this afternoon. Also, I met Sally, a mutant triploid Salamander pet of one of the new staff members of the Biology department. The salamander is extremely awesome; she has no species, and literally has complete sets of genes from 3 unique salamander species...
Believable.

and apparently has the ability to reproduce entirely by herself. She can also take multiple samples of sperm from the environment, and select which set of genes she wants to use, or just use her own. She's literally one of a kind... and it's crazy cool to hear about stuff like this.
If true: GREATEST. SALAMANDER. EVER.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21276 on: September 22, 2010, 09:38:10 pm »

I love you Realmfighter.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21277 on: September 22, 2010, 09:38:43 pm »

The wee lizard is basically the darling of the Biology department right now. They're doing research on whether the sperm selection is voluntary or random right now, and also more delving into her genes. But yeah, it was friggin' cool.

Also, I might get to go on a research trip to Belize this summer with this professor, since I've managed to ingratiate myself with them this afternoon. So excited!

When the aliens come, i shall show them this
I friggin' love Dresden Codak.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21278 on: September 22, 2010, 09:40:31 pm »

Where did it come from? The wee lizard that is.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #21279 on: September 22, 2010, 09:43:04 pm »

Awesome! Could it get DNA from whales?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21280 on: September 22, 2010, 09:44:02 pm »

I dont what but then that you got what

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21281 on: September 22, 2010, 09:48:10 pm »

Where did it come from? The wee lizard that is.
I'm not sure. As I understand it, she was a pet of the Professor in question. This research thing is a very recent development. My own Professor (a freshwater ichthyologist) was just as surprised and excited by the whole thing, though, and I'm really looking forward to learning more about what all is going on there. Yay for strange mutations!

Awesome! Could it get DNA from whales?
They have a different numbers of alleles, plus whales and amphibians are completely different Classes, so I would guess no.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21282 on: September 22, 2010, 09:49:09 pm »

As a prank, get some bear dna.
Mix it with the others.
For the lulz.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21283 on: September 22, 2010, 09:50:40 pm »

I love you Realmfighter.

I cannot fit this into my sig.

Damn you cruel fate!
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #21284 on: September 22, 2010, 09:51:34 pm »

They have a different numbers of alleles, plus whales and amphibians are completely different Classes, so I would guess no.
That's easy, just chop off the DNA at the proper number.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 1417 1418 [1419] 1420 1421 ... 13325