Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1395 1396 [1397] 1398 1399 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15783671 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #20940 on: September 18, 2010, 11:38:14 pm »

wut indeed.

EDIT:

Not f***ing interested.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 11:39:50 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20941 on: September 18, 2010, 11:39:47 pm »

Why does it think you're a 4-year-old in disguise?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20942 on: September 18, 2010, 11:40:13 pm »

I just got back from a 3 hour Rush concert. My god they are amazing my face is partially melted and left my ears ringing.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20943 on: September 18, 2010, 11:40:48 pm »

Why does it think you're a 4-year-old in disguise?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AnimationAgeGhetto

I just got back from a 3 hour Rush concert. My god they are amazing my face is partially melted and left my ears ringing.

FTW!
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20944 on: September 18, 2010, 11:44:54 pm »

People would be more reasonable about driving if crashing made them fall really far instead of just injuring them.

I think.
At first, yes. But think about how utterly fucking insane many things we do today would look to a Dark Ages peon. Hell, driving on the ground amounts to being propelled around by explosions in a gigantic metal death trap around dozens of other metal death traps for huge distances at high speed. We even admit how crazy dangerous this practice is and how many people die to it, but we keep doing it out of convenience. We pile into giant metal gliders that do the same thing on a larger and faster scale, except in the air. That's not even touching space travel.

We make sure our people don't contract some diseases by injecting the corpses of the very thing that causes said diseases into infants. We kill other microscopic organisims by ingesting chemicals that are toxic to them but near harmless to us. We bolt rods of metal inside people to keep their bones from re-breaking after cutting them open and re-assembling said bone in the first place. Even with utterly terminal diseases that we have almost no chance of surviving, we still try, even if that means what amounts to posioning ourselves in an attempt to outlast our own renegade cells. And, might I mention, said time traveler might ask about how we deal with the crippling disease of smallpox. "Smallpox?" we would say. "There is no more Smallpox. We decided we had enough of dealing with it, so we killed it. Everywhere."

I haven't even gotten into our weapons of war. You know, the least of which involves rapidly accelerating small pieces of metal so fast that the eye cannot see them and are able to utterly rip someone in half if a large enough one is used? The greatest of which involves either fusing or splitting the very essence of all that is and creating explosions so large they can scar the Earth itself? The ones that we keep 1-uping each other on to have the best of, knowing all the while that their actual use could spell the death of everyone?

At that point, their head would explode if we tried to explain the Internet.

People can be conditioned to accept anything as normal, flying cars are nothing.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 11:47:45 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20945 on: September 18, 2010, 11:48:56 pm »

Large post full of win.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #20946 on: September 18, 2010, 11:49:11 pm »

Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20947 on: September 18, 2010, 11:49:26 pm »

I'm shamelessly stealing this from Reddit.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20948 on: September 18, 2010, 11:52:12 pm »

You are right.

I'm still a bit shocked over kimotherapy, though.

That, I think, was also spelt far, far wrong.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #20949 on: September 18, 2010, 11:53:58 pm »

MSH, truly you speak well. Or not. You press buttons on a board made of petroleum products that cause tiny parts of atoms to shoot around, repolarizing bits and charging inductors/capacitors, allowing a series of virtual numbers to be translated into the English alphabet, which is then sent through a series of tubes to me, a similarly engaged person that may be tens of thousands of miles away. That's like speaking, I guess.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #20950 on: September 19, 2010, 12:24:17 am »

Happy :)

I'd noticed a bright "star" several times lately; tonight I finally decided to figure out what the hell it is. Turns out it's Jupiter.

Dug out some binoculars, looked at the moon, pretty cool, I could see hills and light at varying heights on hillsides.

Then I turned my attention to Jupiter... even with the binoc's it was a little blurry, but then... I saw them... 3 tiny specks, 2 on one side, one on the other... "could that be... moons?"

Quite a thrill :D

Looked it up when I came back in, and yup, those were moons...
Spoiler: :) (click to show/hide)
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20951 on: September 19, 2010, 12:28:05 am »

You can try distinguishing the big red spot thing if you have a telescope, it's difficult but possible.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #20952 on: September 19, 2010, 01:01:39 am »

So that's what that unusual star's been that entire time. I was curious about that. It looked really out of place in the sky.

I gotta check it out with my crappy telescope now. ...Well, not RIGHT now. It's a bit too late for that.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20953 on: September 19, 2010, 01:23:50 am »

I'm going to be joining a martial art soon.
Want to get into a wushu or kali/eskrima class, but kendo, ninjitsu, or hapkido are also things I'd go for.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #20954 on: September 19, 2010, 01:33:27 am »

There is some sort of design flaw in the online course I am taking, and doing the 'unlimited attempt' quiz over and over again allows you to slowly increase your average if you got any questions wrong the first time.

I tried not to abuse it, but it was hilarious, since the course is about basic computer use.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
Pages: 1 ... 1395 1396 [1397] 1398 1399 ... 13325