Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1394 1395 [1396] 1397 1398 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15783814 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #20925 on: September 18, 2010, 11:15:19 pm »

screw jetpacks, I want my flying car.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20926 on: September 18, 2010, 11:15:36 pm »

I don't like the idea of either jetpacks or hovercars, the first one because I don't like heights and the second one because have you seen how some people drive? Take that and then have it happen 100 feet above the ground. Yeah. I'm down with teleports though, that'd be boss. Or VR, that would also be good.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20927 on: September 18, 2010, 11:17:14 pm »

Immortality.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20928 on: September 18, 2010, 11:17:49 pm »

Because, if you can clone people, it's only so long until you can clone people without their consent.

Besides, I have to say I would be in some serous psychological issues if I saw myself die when I'm forty due to deteriorating organs. And seeing lots of me die?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20929 on: September 18, 2010, 11:18:36 pm »

People would be more reasonable about driving if crashing made them fall really far instead of just injuring them.

I think.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20930 on: September 18, 2010, 11:20:22 pm »

Immortality. Mind Uploading.
Collective internet godhood, you say? Hell yes.

Because, if you can clone people, it's only so long until you can clone people without their consent.

Besides, I have to say I would be in some serous psychological issues if I saw myself die when I'm forty due to deteriorating organs. And seeing lots of me die?
They might not even look like you. It would depend on your traits being displayed or not, which I think could be different in a clone. And they'd be a totally different person mentally, so that might help you cope. I mean, if I was someone's clone and knew that I would die of cell degeneration early, I'd hate them forever.

EDIT: Nope, I thought it out and yes, they'd look just like you assuming they grew up in the exact same conditions.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 11:22:34 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20931 on: September 18, 2010, 11:22:18 pm »

1. We know our methods are imperfect. As such, we would be knowingly creating one of us with the knowlage that they would live a stunted lifespan. I'm not sure if we should condone that.

2. The potential of people seeing clones as not being "real" humans and treating them like second-class citizens or even sub-humans.

3. Related to reason two, the potiential of someone arguing that they own a clone if they make one, including human clones.

4. The easiest to resolve, ensuring that a human clone must have parents legally lined up before being created.
Huh, thought they would have had 1 fixed by now... and 2 and 3 sound like something out of a bad sci-fi novel. If that were to happen what faith I have in humanity would go down the drain in an instant.
Edit: Of course, there is absolutely no good reason to clone people. We have enough of us already, why would we want more?

The thing about a flying car is, it's a lot harder to crash when you have three dimensions to move in. The landing would have to have an autopilot, but apart from that, traffic is nothing when no one has to fly anywhere near each other

Must... have... singularity...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #20932 on: September 18, 2010, 11:23:33 pm »

One downside to this: Somebody could literally hack into your mind.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20933 on: September 18, 2010, 11:23:50 pm »

Until they get better at stitching junk DNA onto the ends of normal DNA, they're not going to fix the "substandard" problem.  If I remember correctly, they still don't know how to do it.

Also, I don't want to have to compete with myself for jobs.  That'd just piss me off.  All of me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #20934 on: September 18, 2010, 11:24:18 pm »

Used DF-to-Minecraft on my airship. Thing looks awesome, inside and out.

Spoiler: Sample (click to show/hide)

You know where to find the saves for conversion (last is latest).

EDIT:
Only thing I don't like about it. The friggin' place gets overrun with creeps fast, in and under it. Like cockroaches, all of them.

Added link to converter (DF-Modding).

Also finished season 1 of Spice and Wolf Dubbed. Gotta say, dubbing was actually well done. Like to see them work on season 2 now (The dubbing, that is).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 11:46:37 pm by Itnetlolor »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20935 on: September 18, 2010, 11:26:20 pm »

Used DF-to-Minecraft on my airship.
DF-to-Minecraft
Wut.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20936 on: September 18, 2010, 11:27:38 pm »

And I thought the one you made in minecraft yourself was impressive. Wow.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20937 on: September 18, 2010, 11:27:47 pm »

WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20938 on: September 18, 2010, 11:30:10 pm »

He edited his post.

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #20939 on: September 18, 2010, 11:32:52 pm »

And I thought the one you made in minecraft yourself was impressive. Wow.
By comparison, my old ship made in a reasonable old server, that thing was built as a 1x1x2.5 DF tile scale (IE- 1:3 scale model of this one); this one is 3x3x3 per-tile (as per program parameters). My old one was also made more color accurate and such (sorry, emblem on topside is all rock, no red).
Pages: 1 ... 1394 1395 [1396] 1397 1398 ... 13325