Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1363 1364 [1365] 1366 1367 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15779110 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #20460 on: September 15, 2010, 05:26:23 pm »

Hot damn, new release! I guess I'll wait till it's playable (In adventure mode at least) and then I'll have some more fun.

Also, the Crime Roguelike is getting me so excited. :D
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20461 on: September 15, 2010, 05:36:29 pm »

The Chinese restaurant in Krakow I went to the other day, had "deserts" section in the english part of the menu.(these restaurants are notorious for bad translations)
In Tesco, a huge sign informed the customers of a promotion - "half price off parabolic rice". Must be good for making parables, I suppose.
(if you haven't guessed, that was "parboiled" in the English original)

We have one here that serves "Human Beef" instead of "Hunan Beef".

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20462 on: September 15, 2010, 05:41:09 pm »

Hannibal Lector runs a shop nearby, MZ? Tell him I sez hello.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20463 on: September 15, 2010, 05:44:53 pm »

Hannibal Lector runs a shop nearby, MZ? Tell him I sez hello.

Will do. Your last name doesn't happen to be Starling, does it?

Also, my daughter just saw a live chicken on tv. Her reaction? "Chickennnn! Yummy!"

She's now watching Invader Zim for the first time. Experiment time.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20464 on: September 15, 2010, 05:58:30 pm »

While playing around with my roommate's graphics tablet this afternoon, I decided to do a self-portrait.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20465 on: September 15, 2010, 06:00:05 pm »

Uh Huh

Heh, the way you wrote 'Nobel Steede' reminded me of the 'Mitey Iron Paw!'
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20466 on: September 15, 2010, 06:30:10 pm »

Tablets are actually really fun. I'm tempted to get one of my own, though using a pen as a mouse for interfaces takes some getting used to.

P.S. D&D Tonight! Fighting our way out of a Mindflayer den, with our meatshield having his brain eaten, and our glass-cannon Ranger being dominated. We're down to Gnome Summoner, Dwarf Bard, and Elf Druid.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #20467 on: September 15, 2010, 10:48:12 pm »

Today was the best day of my life. I don't know why, I just feel ecstatic to be alive today.

our meatshield having his brain eaten, and our glass-cannon Ranger being dominated. We're down to Gnome Summoner, Dwarf Bard, and Elf Druid.
Good luck with that. Depending on your level, Mind Blank is a pretty good defense against brain-eating. Try casting that on your party next time you run into any squidheads.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #20468 on: September 15, 2010, 11:57:45 pm »

Stuffs.

Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #20469 on: September 16, 2010, 12:02:56 am »

Nice loot.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20470 on: September 16, 2010, 12:08:35 am »

I wanted to see if I could get rust from iron in a more productive manner by trying to create some sort of Stalagtites/Stalagmites experiment, except hanging a rusty nail where the water, salt, and air all combine together.

Soon, my Thermite... Sooon.

Not to throw a wrench in your plan, but I do believe Thermite needs Aluminum Oxide, rather than Iron Oxide. That means you'd want to rust some aluminum nails. Aluminum Rust also doesn't look like Iron rust, in that it's white, pitted, and salty-looking. Try to soak aluminum in a salt/alkaline solution for a day or two.
Wait, what? I thought the only reason it worked was because it was returning the massive energy put into refining the aluminium. The only recipe I've seen was iron rust with aluminium power, anyway. Also, apparently burning steel wool on a gas flame makes it into magnetite, which apparently is fine too.

The Chinese restaurant in Krakow I went to the other day, had "deserts" section in the english part of the menu.(these restaurants are notorious for bad translations)
In Tesco, a huge sign informed the customers of a promotion - "half price off parabolic rice". Must be good for making parables, I suppose.

We have the infamous Chicken Dumping in Soup.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #20471 on: September 16, 2010, 12:15:02 am »

I almost read that as "Hunam Beef". I thought there was a Spathi Restaurant being mentioned; but I think they'd be too cowardly to open one on Earth.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #20472 on: September 16, 2010, 12:15:22 am »

Tablets are actually really fun. I'm tempted to get one of my own, though using a pen as a mouse for interfaces takes some getting used to.

Man, get one. I grabbed one on the assumption that I might use it for a few things, generally pretty specific and limited usage, and have ended up finding it a preferable way to do absolutely everything except type. Great for navigating and whatnot. Especially as I have no mouse. But the amount of natural precision you can get from it is unreal, plus of course the fact that you can doodle whenever you want.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20473 on: September 16, 2010, 01:43:41 am »

D&D's over. Beat the Mind Flayers and got what we were after, and now we're stuck in the D&D equivalent of Valhalla for 3 days. A Chaotic Good plane of endless battle, where everyone is full of vitality, and resurrects at the end of every day. The sage we were after needs us to enter a King-of-the-Hill style Battle Royale, against hundreds of immortal warriors, in order to share his information.

So the party is basically taking on transdimensional Vikings, from every planet in the Material Plane ever, to win an audience with a God, in order to thwart an invasion of alien mages on our homeworld... and if we don't win, our planet is fucked.

This is the best D&D campaign ever. :D

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20474 on: September 16, 2010, 01:58:29 am »

D&D's over. Beat the Mind Flayers and got what we were after, and now we're stuck in the D&D equivalent of Valhalla for 3 days. A Chaotic Good plane of endless battle, where everyone is full of vitality, and resurrects at the end of every day. The sage we were after needs us to enter a King-of-the-Hill style Battle Royale, against hundreds of immortal warriors, in order to share his information.

So the party is basically taking on transdimensional Vikings, from every planet in the Material Plane ever, to win an audience with a God, in order to thwart an invasion of alien mages on our homeworld... and if we don't win, our planet is fucked.

This is the best D&D campaign ever. :D

Plains of Ida, eh? Good stuff. See if you can learn the Riddle of Steel while you're there.
Pages: 1 ... 1363 1364 [1365] 1366 1367 ... 13325