Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1340 1341 [1342] 1343 1344 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15781921 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #20115 on: September 12, 2010, 08:39:12 pm »

It's starting to become fall, where I live.  Now I'll have another pleasant half-year to look forward to ~

You live in Fall? Do you phase out of existence during every other season?

I have reverse seasonal affective disorder or something.  Spring and Summer make me unhappy; fall and winter cheer me up and make me feel alive again.  I'm hoping to live somewhere with "bad weather" when I'm a bit older, because maybe it'll make me happy all the time.

Jackets, and umbrellas, and cold fingers, and gloves, and scarves, and thunderstorms ~  Oh joy
Same with me, actually. I despise weather that makes most people happier. That includes any weather above around 70 degrees, and dry weather. The part of Oregon where I live is a temperate rainforest, so it gets a lot of rain. I like the rain. I wish it snowed more though. I don't care much about getting out of school or things like that, I just like the snow. And the silence.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #20116 on: September 12, 2010, 08:41:48 pm »

I'm hoping to live somewhere with "bad weather" when I'm a bit older, because maybe it'll make me happy all the time.

Jackets, and umbrellas, and cold fingers, and gloves, and scarves, and thunderstorms ~  Oh joy
Try living in Eastern Washington or Northern Idaho. We have all kinds of storms, here! Thunderstorms, windstorms, hailstorms, snowstorms, dirtstorms, and the occasional firestorm. Also, it doesn't raid very often. (Though there is a lot of lightning and hail when it does.) Surprisingly, there are no Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Hurricanes, or Tornadoes, though that might change if the coastline recedes 500 miles or so. Summers get to 100 degrees or more, Winters get below zero. As many have said before, it is X-TREEEEEME*.

*I am legally required to do this by the State of Washington.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20117 on: September 12, 2010, 08:42:44 pm »

I hate people that complain about the heat and cold, I'm incredibly indifferent to temperature and so I don't get it when anyone's whining about the heat/cold, because I just don't feel it.

It actually pisses me off, because everyone's always asking me "Why are you dressed in that?", because I'm comfortable in this you flipping pansy, now stop asking me.

Benevolence

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #20118 on: September 12, 2010, 08:44:29 pm »

I fought and lost to the final boss of La-Mulana... four times today. This actually makes me happy, because by being able to fight her, it means I hadn't screwed up my save file forever by screwing up a puzzle the way I thought I had earlier! \o/

There was something else, but now I forgot what it was. Oh well.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20119 on: September 12, 2010, 08:46:41 pm »

There was something else, but now I forgot what it was. Oh well.
Shame Do that Hellyou Temple forgot.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20120 on: September 12, 2010, 08:47:53 pm »

The temperature is slowly dropping. Soon it will be the time I love most of the year, mid fall through late winter. I can get into this mellow, cosmic good times funk during spring and summer, but I can't be truly happy unless I can see my breath. I can't stand leaving the house when it is even the slightest bit warm, but I'll take half hour walks through the snow in just my boxers and some slippers.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Benevolence

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #20121 on: September 12, 2010, 08:49:58 pm »

I just might be insane to do that after I manage to beat the main game. I just might. I suspect I will be more insane after it, but that's hardly the point.

Though I already know what the ultimate reward is, so some of that is already undermined. Ohhh weellllllll.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20122 on: September 12, 2010, 08:51:19 pm »

I just might be insane to do that after I manage to beat the main game. I just might. I suspect I will be more insane after it, but that's hardly the point.

Though I already know what the ultimate reward is, so some of that is already undermined. Ohhh weellllllll.

Did you go through hell yet?

Benevolence

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #20123 on: September 12, 2010, 08:53:55 pm »

Not in La-Mulana, though I did in another freeware game. As I was saying, possibly after beating the main game. Though I make no promises about completing it.

I wouldn't be surprised if I end up chronicling my escapades in the sad thread, though.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20124 on: September 12, 2010, 08:57:55 pm »

Dammit Chamber of Birth, I shall defeat you and beat that game someday! I actually promised somebody I would play it for them, but without the ability to stream it I fear the effort would go to waste.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20125 on: September 12, 2010, 08:58:59 pm »

I just watched DeceasedCrab's LP of it on Youtube. Massively long, but very fun to watch.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #20126 on: September 12, 2010, 09:03:01 pm »

The temperature is slowly dropping. Soon it will be the time I love most of the year, mid fall through late winter. I can get into this mellow, cosmic good times funk during spring and summer, but I can't be truly happy unless I can see my breath. I can't stand leaving the house when it is even the slightest bit warm, but I'll take half hour walks through the snow in just my boxers and some slippers.
Personally I prefer the heat to the cold, but my favorite time of year is early Spring and most of Fall, because it's perfect for running in. There's not much snow on the ground and it's just far enough below room temperature that you don't sweat as much as you would in Summer, and it's not as wet outside as it is in Winter.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #20127 on: September 12, 2010, 09:03:15 pm »

I just watched DeceasedCrab's LP of it on Youtube. Massively long, but very fun to watch.
I'm currently stuck at the part that requires me getting 250,000 points in the Parodius clone to pass. That mini-game in itself is a challenge. Of course, to progress Hell Temple.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 09:05:04 pm by Itnetlolor »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20128 on: September 12, 2010, 09:08:29 pm »

Personally I prefer the heat to the cold, but my favorite time of year is early Spring and most of Fall, because it's perfect for running in. There's not much snow on the ground and it's just far enough below room temperature that you don't sweat as much as you would in Summer, and it's not as wet outside as it is in Winter.

You get actual moisture in winter? Where I live summers and springs are unbearably humid. Fall is dry and cool, and winter is superbly dry and freezing. I love freezing my ass off and not having feeling in my hands, and then warming up by a fire just enough to go build an ice palace.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #20129 on: September 12, 2010, 09:17:04 pm »

Not so much moisture as the snow sticking to you and melting whenever you try and get warm.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 ... 1340 1341 [1342] 1343 1344 ... 13325