Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1333 1334 [1335] 1336 1337 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15772876 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #20010 on: September 12, 2010, 03:17:59 am »

Seventeen days since I went back in school.  I'm pretty much ambivalent.

However, I did apply for graduation yesterday.  Yeah.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20011 on: September 12, 2010, 03:20:34 am »

Wanna know why I'm happy today?

I just came out of the closet.

Feels good man.
Congrats, Ed!
Thanks. Hopefully I still feel that way in the morning.

Normally, I'd totally high-five you... but I'm worried I might catch The Gay.

Seriously though, good on you!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20012 on: September 12, 2010, 03:23:03 am »

Dude. He's only bi.

It's not contagious until it progresses further.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20013 on: September 12, 2010, 03:26:18 am »

Seventeen days since I went back in school.  I'm pretty much ambivalent.

However, I did apply for graduation yesterday.  Yeah.

Congratulations... I just want to be around teachers and students again, and people carrying books.

Maybe I should get a job at a bookstore.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20014 on: September 12, 2010, 03:31:01 am »

Dude. He's only bi.

It's not contagious until it progresses further.

No man, I've seen people get The Gay from exposure to Bi too.

First, you start holding your hand all floppy when you wave. Then your voice gets a musical lilt to it. Before long you're... you're dressing with an excess of fashionability, and not concerning yourself with keeping up standards of Masculinity, like crushing cans against your forehead, and using your fists for everyday tasks.

I hear once it progresses to the later stages, it's too far along to go back, but eh... *shrugs*

...oh god, my hand. My hand, it just... D:

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20015 on: September 12, 2010, 03:32:26 am »

It's just metrosexual man, metro.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20016 on: September 12, 2010, 03:35:05 am »

Maybe I should get a job at a bookstore.

You'd be surprised how hard that can be actually.  Small bookstores are hard to find, and usually have a tiny staff with virtually no turnover, and God knows they can't pay much.  I applied to a few little bookstores around where I used to live - nothin', but the staff were just as anti-social to non-purchase-related conversations as might be expected.  On the other hand, you've got the big chain places like Barnes and Noble's, but that's just a plain old retail job then, especially if you've seen one on Christmas.  Holy shit.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20017 on: September 12, 2010, 03:38:54 am »

There's plenty of small bookstores around where I live--it's kind of a thing.  It's not about the pay, in this case, because I'm still being supported by my parents (lucky, lucky me).  It's about getting out of the house and ferrying knowledge from one place to another.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20018 on: September 12, 2010, 03:39:36 am »

Been dreaming of a bookstore job for some years... but yeah, the only places with a fairly regular turn-over I've found are the retail places. You might try campus bookstores (not the kind that sell textbooks and such) since they tend to have an ebb and flow of employees.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20019 on: September 12, 2010, 03:41:44 am »

Hmm, thanks for the tip.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20020 on: September 12, 2010, 03:46:33 am »

Or for that matter, a print-shop, since there's usually tons of those around universities too.  Except the staff is normally less bookworm and more blue-collar.

I do find it curious how you talk about being self-conscious of looking like a librarian, but you want to be a librarian for entertaining employment.  How would the clientele know who to ask for help?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20021 on: September 12, 2010, 03:55:01 am »

I do find it curious how you talk about being self-conscious of looking like a librarian, but you want to be a librarian for entertaining employment.  How would the clientele know who to ask for help?

I know what I am inside, but sometimes I want to be normal for a while.  Dressed "normally," acting "normally," with "normal" friends and "normal" pasttimes.  I'm tired of funny looks and people laughing at me when I use normal slang, simply because it seems so incongruous.

I'm also tired of people trying to give me makeovers.  The thought is that if I altered my appearance enough, maybe they'd stop fussing over how odd I am and just be friendly.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20022 on: September 12, 2010, 03:57:18 am »

that reminds me.... I need to make a trebuchet sometime

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #20023 on: September 12, 2010, 03:58:51 am »

I dont even know what a librarian looks like... A person with glasses?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20024 on: September 12, 2010, 04:01:40 am »

I dont even know what a librarian looks like... A person with glasses?

Stereotype: Woman with old-fashioned glasses, modest, layered clothing in muted colors, with hair in a bun and a stern expression.  Also typically thin.

Pages: 1 ... 1333 1334 [1335] 1336 1337 ... 13325