Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1298 1299 [1300] 1301 1302 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15792965 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #19485 on: September 07, 2010, 11:23:24 am »

My grandfather got a job as an engineer at an oil company and ended up with the entire company.

Every time we bring him somewhere he always tells us about some time he was designing oil pipelines that we were standing on.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19486 on: September 07, 2010, 11:23:51 am »

I'm a nobleman, but please don't tell the upper forum. I do not want to pull that shiny new lever in my shiny new room.
Of course, since noblehood is abolished (those liberal bastards, taking away my blood-given rights!), it doesn't mean anything at all. I don't even get a mention in the Calendarium Nobilis since it's from my mother's side (those conservative bastards, taking away my blood-given rights!)
Love, scriver~

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19487 on: September 07, 2010, 11:25:17 am »

I'm one of the last descendants of the Ebersoldt Clan of Switzerland (at least of the American branch). The name means "Boar Soldiers", and they were a mercenary clan, renowned for their military tactics, stubborn tenacity, and colorful outfits. According to stories, they were too stubborn to die (hence the name) and the famed Landsknechts actually cribbed their tactics, and even their flamboyant dress-code, from them. They hired out to foreign militaries in the late Middle Ages and early Renaissance, but they pledged themselves to maintain neutrality, never took prisoners, and had a love of war and fighting.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #19488 on: September 07, 2010, 11:25:51 am »

ITT dickwaving
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19489 on: September 07, 2010, 11:26:45 am »

Could God microwave a burrito so hot, he himself couldn't eat it!?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19490 on: September 07, 2010, 11:27:57 am »

Yes.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #19491 on: September 07, 2010, 11:28:20 am »

No.
Great (great?) granddad was an Iraqi trader, with a camel, mules and all that awesomeness.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19492 on: September 07, 2010, 11:30:31 am »

No. He always microwaves burritos at the perfect temperature. Always.

Currently in my graphic design class, waiting for work to begin.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19493 on: September 07, 2010, 11:31:23 am »

No. He always microwaves burritos at the perfect temperature. Always.

I still say yes. Because God doesn't microwave burritos for himself, he microwaves them for the universe.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19494 on: September 07, 2010, 11:33:04 am »

My ancestry includes a Revolutionary War militia colonel who never saw action, and (supposedly) a pastor who got burned at the stake for heresy in England.  Oh, and at least one samurai.

As for what made me happy today: moved to the house in Carrboro.  The room needs some major cleaning and furnishing, and I've barely unpacked anything yet, but I still got a good first night's sleep with my mattress plopped on some wooden boards.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19495 on: September 07, 2010, 11:33:16 am »

I'm descended from a clan of Irish badasses.

My ancestor won a decent patch of land to run his kingdom in by chopping his hand off and tossing it onto the land (in a race for it, BTW), and won on a technicality.

You're an O'Neal? I love that family story... so badass. Also, I apparently worked with one of your relatives.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19496 on: September 07, 2010, 11:38:58 am »

I'm descended from a clan of Irish badasses.

My ancestor won a decent patch of land to run his kingdom in by chopping his hand off and tossing it onto the land (in a race for it, BTW), and won on a technicality.
You're an O'Neal? I love that family story... so badass. Also, I apparently worked with one of your relatives.
O'Reilly, actually. Yeah, we're a sick bunch. Heck, our family tree is just insane looking. We have to book an entire (pretty large) park in advance just to have us wandering/seated comfortably during our family reunions. At least hundreds of us in the same spot for a good day; and the numbers just keep growing.

Which reminds me, when was the last one I attended? Been ages.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 11:41:48 am by Itnetlolor »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19497 on: September 07, 2010, 11:45:47 am »

I just saw this and I thought it was funny.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19498 on: September 07, 2010, 11:53:06 am »

Oh, are we comparing family histories?  Goodie, I have some partially-substantiated semi-badass ancestors.

According to an old family-lineage printout I read, I'm partially descended from some guy named Jonathan White, born 1633 in Wales, who moved to the Connecticut colony with his family in the 1650s.  It's hard to say who or if any of his family 120 years later fought in any battles.  Knowing my genes, they were probably Tories who profused their asses off as soon as the garrison split.

My great-great-great (-great?) grandfather was a colonel in the Tennessee State Guard Cavalry, who fought like a wild banshee for the stars'n'bars (I presume), before running like Hell for Texas when the war ended, where he took an Indian wife and failed miserably at farming.

Several other great-nth grandparents left Germany in 1916, to later become war-profiteers; escaped from Poland in the 1940s; and one was a Caddo Indian.  Not sure how many great achievements any of them had.  I do know a notably large number of women in my family's history, including my current paternal grandmother, made good at marrying money and then ditching the guy it came with.  Never seems to last very long though.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #19499 on: September 07, 2010, 12:04:17 pm »

Well, I know for fact that my ancestor from a thousand years ago fought alongside William the Bastard when he took control of all of England. He was a ranking officer, along with the other founders of major families, (Pallot, Renouf, etc) and all of them got giant chunks of Jersey as their own.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 ... 1298 1299 [1300] 1301 1302 ... 13325