Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1297 1298 [1299] 1300 1301 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15793194 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #19470 on: September 07, 2010, 07:23:01 am »

Also best looking and most likely to shoot you.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19471 on: September 07, 2010, 07:31:08 am »

Found that one of my wife's ancestral lines owned an effing castle in Northumberland. (It passed out of the family via marriage in the 1660s, but that's not important.)

I am literally living for the day when my children get the "make a family tree and show it in class" assignment in school some day. Other kids are going to have their quaint little crayon-scrawled "Me, Mommy and Daddy" trees. And then mine are going to roll up in there with a family tree the size of the f**king Bayeux Tapestry.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19472 on: September 07, 2010, 07:42:44 am »

Also best looking and most likely to shoot eat you.

AFAIK, you're a little young to be a cabana boy anyway, Jack. Come see me in a couple years, I should have a pool by then. :P

Argh! What is wrong with my brain today!? Please disregard me being retarded/creepy. I'm going up to the Community College now.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:45:21 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19473 on: September 07, 2010, 07:46:48 am »

Found that one of my wife's ancestral lines owned an effing castle in Northumberland. (It passed out of the family via marriage in the 1660s, but that's not important.)

I am literally living for the day when my children get the "make a family tree and show it in class" assignment in school some day. Other kids are going to have their quaint little crayon-scrawled "Me, Mommy and Daddy" trees. And then mine are going to roll up in there with a family tree the size of the f**king Bayeux Tapestry.

Yeah, my mother is really into lineage. I'm directly related to a mayor, indirectly related to a minor king of part of Ireland and I think there's something in there about a cricketer.

History is fun!

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19474 on: September 07, 2010, 09:14:48 am »

I have very little idea about my ancestry, about all I know is that my mothers side came on the Mayflower to Amerika and my dads side has someone who got it on with a Native American.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19475 on: September 07, 2010, 10:46:11 am »

Yeah, my wife has an ancestor on the Mayflower (John Alden).

I'm actually kind of envious. She has a castle, a Mayflower lineage, numerous well-to-do merchants, a Civil War officer (Union) who fought at Gettysburg, etc.

Me? I got a bunch of farmers. Farmers, farmers, and more farmers. Farmers for 20+ generations. By all rights, I should be the f**king Kwisatz Haderach of farmers. Oh, and a few Confederate deserters, a horse thief, and a German-Russian emigre who was denied US citizenship half a dozen times over 30 years.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19476 on: September 07, 2010, 11:01:27 am »

As far as I know, I'm descended from a Spanish priest. Weird family tree.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19477 on: September 07, 2010, 11:01:46 am »

I have so much trouble working with Ancestry.com, but I've been told that my family is the most heinously harmful bunch of people you'd ever want to avoid, since it's full to the brim with convicts, drug dealers, drug users, murderers, gangsters (like, old style Detroit gangsters), number runners, and when you go far enough back, you get more murderers, train robbers, people that did who knows what in every war stretching back from Vietnam to the Spanish-American, and people that made and sold liquor during the Prohibition era.

It's a colorful history, to say the least. I really should try to verify it on one of these dumb websites one day.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19478 on: September 07, 2010, 11:03:09 am »

I'm related to Jane Austen, John Hunt Morgan, George Bush and Barbara Bush (Yes, blood related to both of them, I'll let that sink in for a second) and various other people of low or moderate celebrity.  Supposedly I'm related to Erik the Red, but that's dubious, as my yarn-spinning great grandfather was the only source for that info.
Shoes...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19479 on: September 07, 2010, 11:04:28 am »

George Bush and Barbara Bush (Yes, blood related to both of them, I'll let that sink in for a second)

And suddenly 2000-2008 makes SO much more sense.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19480 on: September 07, 2010, 11:05:06 am »

Oh yeah, and I also had a friend in Highschool that was supposedly a 5th cousin to Adolf Hitler.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #19481 on: September 07, 2010, 11:11:02 am »

Capitalism Vs Communism  debate in english (reading animal farm), I was on the Capitalism side. Communisms only arguement was that Capitalism  isnt fair, it was a slaughter.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19482 on: September 07, 2010, 11:12:19 am »

I'm descended from a clan of Irish badasses.

My ancestor won a decent patch of land to run his kingdom in by chopping his hand off and tossing it onto the land (in a race for it, BTW), and won on a technicality. It was such an awesome (and sick) act, it's part of the family crest with a freaking bloody hand on it (which also shows a dark awesome sense of humor). As an easter egg, that's also part of the reason why I chose Bloodfist for my airship's name.

Add to it, my grandfather on my mom's side served during WWII in the Pacific part of the war, and his ship was hit by a crashing plane (or was it a kamikaze?), the boat was a total wreck on the verge of destruction, and that plane crash almost did it in. With not a moment to lose, he made the call to shut it off to patch it up before the ship has a chance to detonate by any means (fuel lines and such), the boat and it's crew were saved.

Amazingly, I have yet to see any mentions of it.

My grandmother (mom's side) was quite badass herself in her days, but I haven't heard all the stories about her; but despite the times, I remember hearing she was quite the force to be reckoned with; along with her being able to spout vulgarity to levels that would make a sailor blush. Even in her elderly years, she could take things on without fear, and handle them amazingly well. I mean, I remember hearing a story that while she was 70+, she crashed my dad's dirtbike pretty harshly, and shrugged off the pain in laughter. Rest her soul, passed away a handful of years before the century mark a few years ago. If not for what could've done her in, she'd still be alive to this day.

And then you have my parents who were both broadway performers with a nice handful of achievements themselves, and quite the few obstacles to overcome in their lifetimes.

I guess a summary is that my family is crazy, and crazy awesome. I mean, what haven't we been hit with already that we haven't overcome?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 11:32:01 am by Itnetlolor »

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19483 on: September 07, 2010, 11:19:31 am »

My grandfather was such a badass, he stared into the abyss and it flinched.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #19484 on: September 07, 2010, 11:20:30 am »

My grandfather was such a badass, he stared into the abyss and it flinched.

My grandfather was such a badass he was a german officer in WW2 and survived!
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT
Pages: 1 ... 1297 1298 [1299] 1300 1301 ... 13325