Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1286 1287 [1288] 1289 1290 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15798993 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #19305 on: September 05, 2010, 09:09:26 am »

Holy crap man I should buy that. FF2 and 3 are the only ones I haven't beaten yet.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19306 on: September 05, 2010, 09:13:56 am »

Holy crap man I should buy that. FF2 and 3 are the only ones I haven't beaten yet.

It's nine bucks in the locked cabinet at your local GameStop.

EDIT:

ALSO, what colors make brown? Does anyone have RGB values?
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19307 on: September 05, 2010, 09:15:36 am »

EDIT:

I loved used games. I got Okami for 14$.

I know there's some sort of debate or something that says that the used game market doesn't reward developers but I really don't want to get into that, I just want to enjoy the games.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #19308 on: September 05, 2010, 09:17:54 am »

R:100 G:75 B:25 pretty easy to remember once you know it. :-)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19309 on: September 05, 2010, 09:41:47 am »

EDIT:

I know there's some sort of debate or something that says that the used game market doesn't reward developers but I really don't want to get into that, I just want to enjoy the games.

Well, it's less morally troubling and more economically sound than straight-out piracy.

R:100 G:75 B:25 pretty easy to remember once you know it. :-)

Meh, I just gave 'im blue hair. I'll upload the result in a second...

LOOK AT YOU TINEH BEHBEH MAN
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 09:43:58 am by Schilcote »
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19310 on: September 05, 2010, 10:29:16 am »

Well, it's less morally troubling and more economically sound than straight-out piracy.

I haven't heard that one about used games but I wouldn't sweat about it anyway, that market's not supposed to be about rewarding developers, it's about people not getting stuck with games they don't want. When I resell a chair at a yard sale, it doesn't help the furniture manufacturers, but no one really cares, especially since those chairs are sold at like $80 when a much more complex device like a calculator you can get for $1.
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19311 on: September 05, 2010, 11:06:43 am »

I haven't heard that one about used games but I wouldn't sweat about it anyway, that market's not supposed to be about rewarding developers, it's about people not getting stuck with games they don't want. When I resell a chair at a yard sale, it doesn't help the furniture manufacturers, but no one really cares, especially since those chairs are sold at like $80 when a much more complex device like a calculator you can get for $1.

Yes, but one could argue that chairs are more labour-intensive than said calculators, especially if the chairs are hand-made.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #19312 on: September 05, 2010, 11:56:46 am »

I love the used games market. It's the only way I find games that aren't made anymore. In fact, I recently found a copy of Odama, one of the best Gamecube games ever. You play pinball with a giant metal ball known as the 'Odama' while you control an army with the Gamecube Mic. The goal is to use the Odama to get past obstacles and help your army get to the other side of the battlefield without crushing them.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19313 on: September 05, 2010, 01:01:01 pm »

I love the used games market. It's the only way I find games that aren't made anymore. In fact, I recently found a copy of Odama, one of the best Gamecube games ever. You play pinball with a giant metal ball known as the 'Odama' while you control an army with the Gamecube Mic. The goal is to use the Odama to get past obstacles and help your army get to the other side of the battlefield without crushing them.

Does the mic respond to the words "hope" and "change"?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19314 on: September 05, 2010, 01:07:41 pm »

No, but you have to keep screaming "Push Forward!" into the mic to get results, creeping out your friends, family, and neighbors.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19315 on: September 05, 2010, 01:11:09 pm »

No, but you have to keep screaming "Push Forward!" into the mic to get results, creeping out your friends, family, and neighbors.

Heh, should post that under examples for Accidental Innuendo on TvTropes.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #19316 on: September 05, 2010, 01:28:56 pm »

Really? I've found that talking calmly once or twice produces the same results.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19317 on: September 05, 2010, 01:32:10 pm »

Well, I haven't played Odama myself. I just remember from a reveiw (EGM, I think.) I read some years ago that the reviewer complained about how he always ended up screaming his commands.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #19318 on: September 05, 2010, 01:38:00 pm »

Survived the hurricane. No power for 30ish hours was rough but we got through okay. The house is a mess though, and we are all starving due to having no stove to cook on for over a day and little to no dry food. Anyways munching on a sandwich now and pleased as spiked punch.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #19319 on: September 05, 2010, 01:41:10 pm »

Sounds like something that fell out of dwarf fortress. Enjoy that sandwich.
Pages: 1 ... 1286 1287 [1288] 1289 1290 ... 13325