Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1271 1272 [1273] 1274 1275 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15806257 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #19081 on: September 03, 2010, 04:16:20 pm »

http://web.archive.org/web/20080502162502/www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/38286-im-the-maker-of-the-tc-and-i-have-a-prob-with-some-of-u/

ohmygodthat'shillarious
Man thats horrible, they where treating him like shit. He has Asperger's syndrome they shouldnt of done that at all. I feel bad for him  :-\

No he doesn't. People just say that as an excuse to be stupid. Check out TvTrope's "Useful Notes" page on it. I (supposedly, I think it's a misdiagnosis) have Aspergers syndrome, and so does Lyinginbedmon from the Wiremod forums. Generally, anyone who uses Aspergers syndrome as an excuse for something doesn't have it. All it really does is make you a bit socially incompetent.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19082 on: September 03, 2010, 04:16:50 pm »

http://web.archive.org/web/20080502162502/www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/38286-im-the-maker-of-the-tc-and-i-have-a-prob-with-some-of-u/

ohmygodthat'shillarious
Man thats horrible, they where treating him like shit. He has Asperger's syndrome they shouldnt of done that at all. I feel bad for him  :-\

Seconded... I have very little love for bullies. What do people hope to achieve by picking on someone who's a bit odd, much less leaping on them and abusing them as a group? It's the behavior of sociopaths and broken people, hiding behind a wall of anonymity and distance, being cruel because they can get away with it... and maybe because they don't have to see the person at the other end while they do it.

Speaking of which, this forum is no stranger to it either. I could point out a number of instances where people leap on a certain forum-goer who frankly doesn't deserve the abuse he gets.

Internets, I love you all, but sometimes I am disapprove.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19083 on: September 03, 2010, 04:21:39 pm »

Yeah bashing isn't much fun, it's the fan boyism that I love.

Also, "Oh really, when?"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19084 on: September 03, 2010, 04:22:23 pm »

Always bet on Duke

Lols.
Duke Nukem Forever? In polishing stages?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Really, how long has that game been in development? It's practically the definition of vaporware at this point.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19085 on: September 03, 2010, 04:23:53 pm »

I divide trolling into two separate types. The first type is when you troll to be an asshole, because you apparently get off on people wanting you dead. A fellow named Atarlost did such things on an IRC channel I used to frequent. It generally isn't very funny, and those who do so deserve to be forced to watch the Star Wars Christmas Special. The second type of trolling is when you troll to be funny, and is sometimes funny even for the one getting trolled (even if it is only in retrospect). Fellows like VideoCompiler and Jat Goodwin of the Wiremod forums are like this, as well as most ChatRoulette trolls (since the only real reason to get on chatroulette/omegle is to troll/be trolled/both). Oftentimes, the recipients of more mean-spirited type-two trolling generally deserve it (such as the fellow in the above link). They're two similar activities with two totally different motives. One I consider morally acceptable, the other I do not.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19086 on: September 03, 2010, 04:27:03 pm »

I hate.

Let me clarify here:

HATE

When people justify being a gigantic asshole for the purpose of being funny.

"It's cool, bro, we were just joking around"

All it shows is that you are an incredibly intolerant and insecure person who can't seem to enjoy the company of others without trying to isolate someone for the sake of ridicule in the name of "humor"

tl;dr fuck you trolls aren't funny

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19087 on: September 03, 2010, 04:29:26 pm »

Yeah. They usually aren't funny. I'm never really bothered by them though. Sometimes when they're picking on certain people that don't deserve it, I feel a little sorry for them, yeah.

Edit: Also, it's almost as if we have an obsession with trolls around Bay12 :\
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 04:31:35 pm by Jervous »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19088 on: September 03, 2010, 04:34:29 pm »

Dem trolls bro, all over the MSPA thread they are.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19089 on: September 03, 2010, 04:34:45 pm »

ohmygodthat'shillarious

No he doesn't. People just say that as an excuse to be stupid. Check out TvTrope's "Useful Notes" page on it. I (supposedly, I think it's a misdiagnosis) have Aspergers syndrome, and so does Lyinginbedmon from the Wiremod forums. Generally, anyone who uses Aspergers syndrome as an excuse for something doesn't have it. All it really does is make you a bit socially incompetent.
It varies.  It can be mild, it can be debilitating.  And regardless of whether his problems are caused by Asperger's or not, even if he is just stupid or whatever, it's still extremely cruel to keep pushing him like that.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19090 on: September 03, 2010, 04:35:13 pm »

Dem trolls bro, all over the MSPA thread they are.

oh yeah those trolls too. but being obsessed with them is a-ok!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19091 on: September 03, 2010, 04:38:00 pm »

ohmygodthat'shillarious

It varies.  It can be mild, it can be debilitating.  And regardless of whether his problems are caused by Asperger's or not, even if he is just stupid or whatever, it's still extremely cruel to keep pushing him like that.

That thread is from 2006 it says, that's pretty old.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19092 on: September 03, 2010, 04:38:31 pm »

Shouldn't have read the link.  Now I'm angry =/

And yeah, I've met some people with some terrible Asperger's-related stuff.  Sometimes it's all they can do to say something like "I know I'm doing the wrong thing, and here's why.  Please don't hurt me, I'm so sorry."

Meh.  Sad memories.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19093 on: September 03, 2010, 04:39:26 pm »

Yeah. They usually aren't funny. I'm never really bothered by them though. Sometimes when they're picking on certain people that don't deserve it, I feel a little sorry for them, yeah.

Edit: Also, it's almost as if we have an obsession with trolls around Bay12 :\

That's only because you've been hanging around with the wrong trolls.

Watch a few Ventrillo Harrassment videos and you'll see what I mean. By an incredible coincidence, one of the best examples of type-two trolling involves Duke Nukem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE3KdcTgrno

I also suggest the following:

Ventertainment's "l33t haxors": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP1SsfnSFDs
"Top Gun": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbEaqCjrf_A&feature=related
And, of course, one of the best, VC's "Ventrillo Harrassment Returns". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRbBYFpgiME

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19094 on: September 03, 2010, 04:41:29 pm »

Maybe I'm some kind of freak, but I don't get off on people being caused genuine grief.

/shrug
Pages: 1 ... 1271 1272 [1273] 1274 1275 ... 13325