Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1265 1266 [1267] 1268 1269 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15808647 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #18990 on: September 02, 2010, 01:38:37 am »

Now I wanna go pick mulberries.

Also, I had ice-cream in puff pastry with applesauce for dessert last night.

It only counts if it was hot applesauce, to give the perfect blend of hot and cold.

Yum.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18991 on: September 02, 2010, 01:51:47 am »

Heh. Hot puff Pastry, hot applesauce.

the ice-cream was IN the puff-pastry while I was cooking it in the oven, so it was melty but cold.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18992 on: September 02, 2010, 02:20:42 am »

I just finished off the last of my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins, recipe courtesy of Tim Cain (of Fallout/Arcanum fame), and the ending credits of Stonekeep. He is a damned fine baker, an even better game programmer, and a nerd for the ages.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18993 on: September 02, 2010, 02:59:24 am »

Haye yet another concert tonight; this time it's the Talent Quest analogue, though, so I'm only doing the one song.

I'm the demon in Tribute.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18994 on: September 02, 2010, 03:32:59 am »

Early morning techno makes me happy. I'm back on schedule now, and I think I'm just going to cut off computer time at 11 or something.

In other awesome news, my mp3 stopped shorting out, so I can listen to music again.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 03:34:41 am by smigenboger »
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18995 on: September 02, 2010, 05:24:41 am »

Only jam I've ever helped make was Prickly Pear jam and Mulberry jam.

Mmmmm

We've done pomegranate, strawberry, raspberry, sour plum, and fig.  Good stuff, huh?

I really want to do blackberry and cherry, though.  That's some seriously delicious stuff right there.
Send some to the jam-needy of Sweden! We are in desperate need of vitamin-c! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

You should try some raspberry and blueberry. Heavenly combination. Though, the best jam I ever had was a combination of blackberry and apples, down in Barcelona. So far, all attempts to recreate it have failed.
Do you pick the berries by yourselves, by the way, or do you buy them?
Love, scriver~

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18996 on: September 02, 2010, 08:07:51 am »

There is an appletree in my garden, and blackberries behind it (although we have to get them before anyone else does :P).  I guess this autumn will be the customary "apples and blackberries with everything".

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18997 on: September 02, 2010, 11:21:43 am »

I got invited to play at a few decent-sized shows! This is, like, my dream. Squee! :D

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18998 on: September 02, 2010, 11:23:00 am »

You're in band? What type?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18999 on: September 02, 2010, 11:36:17 am »

The bus completely missed my stop, and we saw it just drive by. Had to wait for the next bus, so I was sweating bullets for being a half-hour late or something. The next bus came an hour later, and the second bus I needed to take was also a good 15 minutes late.

I was 10 minutes early for class. Hell yeah.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19000 on: September 02, 2010, 11:40:58 am »

You should try some raspberry and blueberry. Heavenly combination. Though, the best jam I ever had was a combination of blackberry and apples, down in Barcelona. So far, all attempts to recreate it have failed.
Do you pick the berries by yourselves, by the way, or do you buy them?

Hmmm, good idea... will have to look into that.

Sometimes we pick ourselves, but we have to buy the figs.  We were too late this year to really go harvest anything =(  But I did get to go down by the creek and eat an exorbitant number of wild blackberries.  People are leaving them alone nowadays because they don't know what they are... I actually met some people who went "hey, what are those?  Can you eat them?"

Oh, well.  More for us =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19001 on: September 02, 2010, 12:16:33 pm »

My cup is almost filled to the top with damp sunflower shells. I need to stop eating these things.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #19002 on: September 02, 2010, 12:20:15 pm »

I just finished off the last of my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins, recipe courtesy of Tim Cain (of Fallout/Arcanum fame), and the ending credits of Stonekeep. He is a damned fine baker, an even better game programmer, and a nerd for the ages.

If you want to try another recipe from within a game, try Portal's cake recipe, as read by one of GLaDOS' nodes at the end. It's, uh, interesting.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19003 on: September 02, 2010, 12:37:19 pm »

If you want to try another recipe from within a game, try Portal's cake recipe, as read by one of GLaDOS' nodes at the end. It's, uh, interesting.

A friend actually made this for me.  It was, in fact, delicious and moist.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #19004 on: September 02, 2010, 12:50:19 pm »

Portal has cake recipe and it works? God these Valve guys are amazing. I have to try that.
Pages: 1 ... 1265 1266 [1267] 1268 1269 ... 13326