Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 1209 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15795500 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #18090 on: August 25, 2010, 12:48:25 pm »

he, almost the complete opposite in america. Innercity people tend to be the mean ones, with suburbs having the nicest people, and rural people... Rural people can be nice, though alot of the rednecks at my school are total assholes.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18091 on: August 25, 2010, 12:54:38 pm »

he, almost the complete opposite in america. Innercity people tend to be the mean ones, with suburbs having the nicest people, and rural people... Rural people can be nice, though alot of the rednecks at my school are total assholes.

Stereotypes FTW.  ::)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #18092 on: August 25, 2010, 12:56:41 pm »

Gettin' ready to leave for San Diego.

Oh man this is gonna be fuuun.

Cool, you'll be in my neck of the woods. What are you planning on doing here?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18094 on: August 25, 2010, 01:35:17 pm »

I'm just watching Inception right now.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #18095 on: August 25, 2010, 02:06:28 pm »

Heh, Americans are nowhere near Israelis, in israel if your boss asks you to do something and you answer something like "Put a sock in it Larry, I'm trying to think" you'd be totally fine, but in America, the guy would have you fired just for calling him Larry and not sir or Mr. Jackson.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18096 on: August 25, 2010, 03:18:27 pm »

Inception was amazing.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #18097 on: August 25, 2010, 03:25:06 pm »

Online session of Worms: Reloaded, finished a round with a prod. Got the achievement "Prod for Victory".

With how the round played out, it was the perfect end for it too.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 03:30:53 pm by Itnetlolor »

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18098 on: August 25, 2010, 03:58:40 pm »

Heh, Americans are nowhere near Israelis, in israel if your boss asks you to do something and you answer something like "Put a sock in it Larry, I'm trying to think" you'd be totally fine, but in America, the guy would have you fired just for calling him Larry and not sir or Mr. Jackson.

Actually, I think it's illegal to do that. Pretty sure you're legally required to have a reason beyond "spite" before you can terminate employment.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18099 on: August 25, 2010, 04:00:05 pm »

Sure, but instead of "Spite" your employer either makes something up, or looks really closely at what your doing to find something wrong.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18100 on: August 25, 2010, 04:13:52 pm »

Sure, but instead of "Spite" your employer either makes something up, or looks really closely at what your doing to find something wrong.

Ah. Forgot about that possiblity.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18101 on: August 25, 2010, 04:17:31 pm »

Actually, I think it's illegal to do that. Pretty sure you're legally required to have a reason beyond "spite" before you can terminate employment.

Not in "right-to-work" (i.e. non-union) states. You can pretty much be fired for anything that's not expressly forbidden by law, like religion, gender, age, etc.

Telling your boss to put a sock in it would most definitely provide sufficient grounds under existing law (insubordination).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18102 on: August 25, 2010, 04:20:18 pm »

Nope.  Not in the US, anyway.

in America, the guy would have you fired just for calling him Larry and not sir or Mr. Jackson.

Yes, every American is a character from Office Space.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18103 on: August 25, 2010, 04:23:59 pm »

That was a great film, I didn't even know I was watching the fabled Office Space until I checked the guide.

I rule!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18104 on: August 25, 2010, 04:29:50 pm »

Even if he were in a union, I imagine "Gross disrespect/insubordination" is grounds for termination.

And yeah, this is getting to be more like Things that made you generalize today thread.  Mew!
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 1209 ... 13325