Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1200 1201 [1202] 1203 1204 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15793176 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #18015 on: August 24, 2010, 08:53:38 pm »

That link did not give me diabetes. I'm not sure what it's called when your pancreas rips itself out of your body screaming, but it isn't diabetes.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #18016 on: August 24, 2010, 09:01:56 pm »

Clubs duces homework was plenty cuter than that.

Then again, being a 16 year old boy, I zoned out after the initial upskirt thing.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18017 on: August 24, 2010, 09:03:55 pm »

Ahg, video with loud noise!  I am immune to diabetes from Wapanimation videos anyway.

In genuinely happy news I finally got my cat to shut up about being fed dog food.  You'll take what I give you and like it you mangy bum.

Again, I apologize for my tone.

Totally cool then my man.

If can explain a little where I'm coming from - I've known a fair number of people who rigorously (or not so rigorously) practice martial arts, or knife fighting, or pistol tricks, in a professional setting as a "back up plan" in case they're attacked or have to defend themselves.  Then they get an award or something, and it all goes to their heads.  They convince themselves they could wreck an attacker's shit, so they go around putting themselves in dangerous situations and trying to pick fights, practically begging to be put in a position to use that "back up plan".  Then they get to show off their slick moves (whatever they think they are), wreck someone's shit, and keep a clear conscience because they technically weren't the aggressor.  For the most part though, they just talk smack about such a scenario.

Both times I've been mugged, I got out of it by throwing a wad of $1s at the guy(s) and running like Hell.  Every time I got in a fistfight in school, it ended after a few moments of blind fury when a dozen guys pull everyone apart.  I've been left with the impression that the classic scenario of fending off muggers or whatever just doesn't happen in real life, and anyone preparing for such an event with practiced violence is a egotistical tool.  Unfair?  Sure it is, but I've never seen otherwise; or when I have seen someone fend off a violent confrontation it was panicked improvisation by the completely untrained.

Practicing fighting and such for recreation is great, all power to anyone who wants to, it looks fun.  I just don't see where thinking any amount of training will let you punch your way out of an armed mugging has any place in the modern world, even if your story does prove that wrong.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18018 on: August 24, 2010, 09:16:25 pm »

That video did not fase me at all  8). I looked and I was totally in control with no reaction.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18019 on: August 24, 2010, 09:17:14 pm »

I looked at it, thought 'damn catgirls' and closed it.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18020 on: August 24, 2010, 09:19:09 pm »

Well my mind is iron pertaining to 'Cat-girls'
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18021 on: August 24, 2010, 09:21:50 pm »

In genuinely happy news I finally got my cat to shut up about being fed dog food.  You'll take what I give you and like it you mangy bum.

I'm not sure if you're suppose to do that, is your cat alright?  Go check him.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18022 on: August 24, 2010, 09:24:24 pm »

Well, if you're ok with dealing with the crap that's gonna come out...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18023 on: August 24, 2010, 09:24:40 pm »

I'm pretty sure cats will go blind if you feed them dog food, because most dog food doesn't have taurine and other stuff cats need.

I too did not get diabeetus from that video.
Shoes...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18024 on: August 24, 2010, 09:32:26 pm »

Just out of interest, how does the Touhou universe work?  I mean, were all the characters just spontaneously created about 12 years prior to the time the games start?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18025 on: August 24, 2010, 09:34:07 pm »

@Aquizzar (because I didn't want to quote the wall of text): Essentially speaking, self defense is about two things: Mental toughness and muscle memory. If someone waves a knife or throws a punch at you, the last thing you want is to spaz out and go into a BSOD. You retain some form of mental clarity to say to yourself, "Okay, don't be afraid until this is over, and don't screw up."  The muscle memory is so that if you are attacked in a defensible manner, your body will react to save itself instead of curling up in the fetal position and crying.

I certainly wouldn't advise anyone to fight anyone with a gun, even though my Ninjustu training has prepared me for such a weapon being put to my head (which saved me when I worked in a bar and we were robbed.) Long story short, if you're intent on seriously injuring someone or killing them, shoot them, but don't pistol whip them first.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #18026 on: August 24, 2010, 09:56:45 pm »

(Just watched Janet's vid.)

What? Or do I really want it explained? Is there anything to explain? Or was it just anime girls singing and dancing?

I'm so confused.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18027 on: August 24, 2010, 09:58:15 pm »

Just try to forget you saw it. You'll be better off.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18028 on: August 24, 2010, 10:05:34 pm »

Just out of interest, how does the Touhou universe work?  I mean, were all the characters just spontaneously created about 12 years prior to the time the games start?
I think most of the characters are several hundred years old. They just look like a bunch of little girls.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 1200 1201 [1202] 1203 1204 ... 13325