Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1157 1158 [1159] 1160 1161 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768333 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #17370 on: August 20, 2010, 07:45:42 pm »

Maybe a Bachelor of Arts in Media and Communications, but it's a long, long way off to be thinking about it.

See, that actually makes sense.  At least in America, a good number of news-magazine columnists have English degrees, but I wouldn't call that a career plan.

Is there some reason why we're throwing around the word "fag" like nobody's business?  Seems a bit inappropriate, given the subject matter.

Since I'm talking about snooty English Lit majors, it is entirely appropriate.  And it has nothing to do with homosexuality.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17371 on: August 20, 2010, 07:46:44 pm »

Is there some reason why we're throwing around the word "fag" like nobody's business?  Seems a bit inappropriate, given the subject matter.

Since I'm talking about snooty English Lit majors, it is entirely appropriate.  And it has nothing to do with homosexuality.

Does it have to do with cigarettes?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17372 on: August 20, 2010, 07:49:26 pm »

Well, heavily stereotyped snooty artsy beatniks do smoke them 24/7. Well known fact.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17373 on: August 20, 2010, 08:00:40 pm »

I was about to mention that I was really happy about discovering some really good avant-garde jazz and classical composers but I'm not going to in case it makes me look like a snooty artsy type :<
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17374 on: August 20, 2010, 08:02:25 pm »

"I will never have feelings for you again Daphine!"

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17375 on: August 20, 2010, 08:03:55 pm »

Eh, I dunno. Some girls in my college are extremely hot. It's almost unfair. These people are not only smarter than me, they have better social skills, more charisma, more money, AND they look better.

I've dated a computer science girl who got offered a job as an advertisement actress, an electronics engineer who was offered to work as a newscaster and a part-time model. It's not just University Goggles. I also know plenty of other hot, intelligent girls. I'd link pics of them in Sony uniform and all, but they won't be very happy with that.

My fiancee now is a civil engineer, so yeah, there's plenty of smart, busty techie chicks who can handle explosives :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17376 on: August 20, 2010, 08:04:24 pm »

I was about to mention that I was really happy about discovering some really good avant-garde jazz and classical composers but I'm not going to in case it makes me look like a snooty artsy type :<

No no, that's great.  Just don't pretend you can go to college for a degree in that and then turn it into a paying job.  Art is fine.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17377 on: August 20, 2010, 08:05:13 pm »

Art is cool no matter what. Ignore people who would call anyone who appreciates the beauty of the human mind "faggots", they themselves are ignorant to life's greater pleasures.

cause they're gay.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #17378 on: August 20, 2010, 08:13:54 pm »

It's almost unfair. These people are not only smarter than me, they have better social skills, more charisma, more money, AND they look better.
You could probably kick their ass though.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17379 on: August 20, 2010, 08:14:26 pm »

Ok, in which case, I shall freely say that Moondog, who I discovered today, is utterly awesome and his album In Europe is fantastic and reasonably accessible.
Oh, and Sun Ra is really damn weird, and so are The Residents. Listen to them and enjoy.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #17380 on: August 20, 2010, 08:22:12 pm »

I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad about it, but my personal programming project is now to the point where I can start adding features. Yay features, but also boo for a lot less actual programming and a lot more UI designing and 3D modeling.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17381 on: August 20, 2010, 08:33:15 pm »

Well there goes me doing a bachelor of lit in uni.

I mean- Wow Guys! Leafsnail's back!

Where've you been?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17382 on: August 20, 2010, 08:33:28 pm »

Onto a slightly less offensive note, just dodged a bullet somewhat.

So like two days ago our basement flooded a little bit and the edges of all the carpets down here was wet, a good one-foot border all around. So today we finally got around to moving all the junk around so the carpets could dry in the back yard. After moving the computer I tried to turn it on to reveal to you guys this event.
 The power light blinked and died. I tried this several time,s each time the light blinking fewer and fewer times. Alright, sounds like the power supply died. Crap. So I disconnect everything and take the thing out so I can test it. It turned on a fan just fine, so I was a little perplexed. I connected it to the Motherboard and turned it on. The power supply didn't turn on.
 At this point I started to freak out at the prospect of the motherboard dying as that doesn't come cheap. It was also at this point that my dad became interested because he studied computer engineering a little bit before. So he came down and started a five minute talk on computer safety that I was quite clearly following right there in front of him. After that he was actually rather good about things, listening to what I was saying and providing valid assistance. So we hooked up the motherboard again and tested it out.
 It worked flawlessly. Everything was fully functional. I guess a cable was loose or something(Which I'm dubious about, those cables were hard to remove), and now everything works and I'm relieved that I don't need to buy a new power supply or motherboard.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17383 on: August 20, 2010, 08:35:05 pm »

I mean- Wow Guys! Leafsnail's back!

Where've you been?
Independant-ish scout camp thingy followed by a two week family holiday in Ireland.

Suffice to say I'll be relaxing for the next few days.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17384 on: August 20, 2010, 08:36:42 pm »

It's a worthwhile course if you intend to become a professional scholar or a teacher. Otherwise dump it.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (
Pages: 1 ... 1157 1158 [1159] 1160 1161 ... 13325