Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1152 1153 [1154] 1155 1156 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773152 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #17295 on: August 20, 2010, 02:18:57 am »

It's not my man computer dude man dude

Man dude?

Maaaan!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17296 on: August 20, 2010, 02:21:23 am »

dude man guy person individual
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #17297 on: August 20, 2010, 02:40:18 am »

Just beat the goddamned shark boss, first time playing through EVO The Search For Eden. Good god, what an unfair fight. I was the most evolved you could be and it still took like six tries. Still, progress.

And now I'm an ugly little frogbeast with no evolution points. Joy.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17298 on: August 20, 2010, 02:45:15 am »

Dude my dad won't let me in man
When I first read this I thought your Dad locked you out of the house.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17299 on: August 20, 2010, 02:54:00 am »

Just beat the goddamned shark boss, first time playing through EVO The Search For Eden. Good god, what an unfair fight. I was the most evolved you could be and it still took like six tries. Still, progress.

And now I'm an ugly little frogbeast with no evolution points. Joy.

Did you save your fish form for later? You get an item that lets you temporarily revert to an earlier, saved state of evolution. You can hop around on land and bite things and junk. You can also get 'bonus' forms from getting special orbs, and you can save those too! My favorite was the dragon.

Man, I beat that game so long ago. I had to use savestates to do it since the game basically says "Be perfect or die asshole". That, and I'm wildly impatient. There's alot of problems with the game, and while it IS interesting, and has it's share of cool moments, it simply doesn't stand up to scrutiny and I definitely wouldn't try replaying it. Some examples of things I didn't like:

Horns are worthless, never 'invest' in them. They deal too little damage, break far too easily, and are much too expensive.

There's just... so... much... GRINDING! I've never come across a game before or since that required you grind against peon enemies for so long in order to become strong enough to even have a hope of surviving the bosses.

Speaking of which, the bosses are assholes! They deal WAY too much damage, and have attacks that are difficult to dodge, and even harder to memorize. Some just have so much hp that it's more of an endurance test than anything.

Getting through some of the bosses also requires the abuse of glitches. For example, you can restore your hp to full by spending a few EVO points and switching back and forth between two insignificant body part types.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 02:56:06 am by JoshuaFH »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17300 on: August 20, 2010, 02:56:03 am »

I get to sleep on the floor tonight! :D

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #17301 on: August 20, 2010, 02:56:56 am »

There's just... so... much... GRINDING!
This. You really get a feel for how long evolution took playing EVO.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17302 on: August 20, 2010, 03:00:12 am »

Horns have one great purpose.  They're relatively cheap to evolve, so they make a good way of restoring your health during boss fights.  Not to important now, but they will be come dino time.  But yeah, fuck loads of grinding, especially when you start an era and you're total weaksauce.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17303 on: August 20, 2010, 03:01:44 am »

Watching Scooby Doo with Duke and Aqizzar.  Having a TRAPS.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #17304 on: August 20, 2010, 03:19:10 am »

Texas Recreation and Park Society? TNF Receptor Associated Periodic Syndrome?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17305 on: August 20, 2010, 03:22:32 am »

Remembering other RPG's, the grind isn't too bad. It's only terrible at the beginning of an age, then when you get decent jaws you can wreck some good stuff. Then you get the fierce jaws type, and things die before your might.

Then you get a club and things are even easier. I will admit some bosses are rather ridiculous(Yeti, final cave guard), but manageable. I wouldn't consider the evolving thing a glitch as I sort of figured it was part of the game when I played. I only really used a guide for becoming a human, because that is the only dick move I can hold up to this game.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17306 on: August 20, 2010, 03:41:27 am »

I'm happy because I JUST BEAT NETHACK!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17307 on: August 20, 2010, 03:42:44 am »

Pics or it didn't happen.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17308 on: August 20, 2010, 03:43:16 am »

I'm happy because I JUST BEAT NETHACK!

Bullshit.  No one has ever beat it and no one ever will.  The law of averages renders it humanly impossible.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17309 on: August 20, 2010, 03:45:05 am »

Heh, just opened a bottle of cider and the pop startled kitty, so she ran really fast underneath something.
Pages: 1 ... 1152 1153 [1154] 1155 1156 ... 13325