Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1144 1145 [1146] 1147 1148 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15778919 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #17175 on: August 19, 2010, 09:47:57 am »

EDIT: Oh, and that trailer is kick ass, by the way.  I say this as someone who barely played Bioshock, but I like the subtle humor of it.

Either way, "magnetar" is a great Silver Age supervillain name.
Or pokemon name.
Sounds like some strange British condom.
Why do I keep doing this...

Because it's so obvious I had to look twice for what changed.  I'd be surprised if the Silver Age villain and British condoment weren't already done, and the Pokemon is just a matter of time.

Where the Hell is Sepia & Monochrome anyway?  (Or whatever it's called now.)
Black and White, sometime before chrismas probably.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #17176 on: August 19, 2010, 10:14:54 am »

Today suddenly feels more hopeful. And I restored my erased by stupidity save in seventh sense by memory in their statskeeper program. Yay.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #17178 on: August 19, 2010, 12:23:25 pm »

Slept for half a day, and I feel freaking fantastic; especially considering I also awoke at a decent morning hour as well. Had a series of some crazy-ass dreams to keep me occupied. Didn't want to wake up.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17179 on: August 19, 2010, 02:12:51 pm »

Playing Nethack, had -25 AC, +5 Grayswandir/+2 Silver Sabre, two or three wands of death, all the necessary intrinsics, I was pretty much ready.

While heading down to start on Gehennom, I killed a frost giant, drank his potion, polymorphed into dragon, lost +5 Shirt/+5 cloak of displacement, was waiting it out when something came around the corner, I attacked without looking, bit a cockatrice.

:c

And what's worse is I know I won't be able to rest until I do it all the way.  I have to beat this game.  It's part of my cred.
Encourage by this, I just downloaded NetHack. Now.. When should I expect to start to weep?
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17180 on: August 19, 2010, 02:15:11 pm »

Playing Nethack, had -25 AC, +5 Grayswandir/+2 Silver Sabre, two or three wands of death, all the necessary intrinsics, I was pretty much ready.

While heading down to start on Gehennom, I killed a frost giant, drank his potion, polymorphed into dragon, lost +5 Shirt/+5 cloak of displacement, was waiting it out when something came around the corner, I attacked without looking, bit a cockatrice.

:c

And what's worse is I know I won't be able to rest until I do it all the way.  I have to beat this game.  It's part of my cred.
Encourage by this, I just downloaded NetHack. Now.. When should I expect to start to weep?

Immediately.

In all seriousness though, good luck. Please post in the Nethack thread found in Other Games.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17181 on: August 19, 2010, 02:43:39 pm »

WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17182 on: August 19, 2010, 03:47:28 pm »

No but we've all seen it a dozen times.
Shoes...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #17183 on: August 19, 2010, 03:54:13 pm »

Borderlands and DLC for it are on sale today. 1/3 the price too (total: $20.36). I'm getting it.

EDIT:
Installing it now. Ready to play. Fear my sniper shotgun with 10x zoom. If I want to blow your head off at close range, now I'll be precise.

Got Worms Reloaded while at it.

EDIT EDIT:
Included in this awesomeness, I can get S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (bundle for 10 bucks) back in my collection (another awesome sale). I think I'm set now. Should be plenty happy for the rest of the week. No wait, still installed; just needed re-activation. And hey, I got all these games within my budget too. :)

Fishing off my tour of duty (more like whole game) in Delta Force as well. Oh, happy days.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 06:46:50 pm by Itnetlolor »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17184 on: August 19, 2010, 03:57:43 pm »

I can't play Borderlands anymore, it pisses me off.

As in, when I'm playing Borderlands all I can do is get angry.  And WorkerDrone just logged into Steam!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17185 on: August 19, 2010, 04:03:41 pm »

I can't play Borderlands because my POS ATi card causes the game to crash after 20 mins. Ggggrrrrrrrrrr.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17186 on: August 19, 2010, 04:45:58 pm »

I can't play Borderlands because my POS ATi card causes the game to crash after 20 mins. Ggggrrrrrrrrrr.

Could be worse. Be glad you don't have to deal with Intel's on-board graphics. Nothing 3D works correctly. I thought Source was crap because it was so unstable, but it turns out it's the only modern engine that runs at all on this hardware.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17187 on: August 19, 2010, 04:48:29 pm »

A) This Intel board did not ship with an onboard GPU

and

B) Anyone that actually uses onboard GPUs isn't doing serious gaming. Although it is somewhat unforgivable it doesn't handle basic 3D right, it's got more than enough horsepower to do older 3d well enough.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17188 on: August 19, 2010, 04:51:02 pm »

My secondary desktop computer uses an onboard graphics card and can run TF2 at a nice 40fps with medium settings, just have to set the dxlevel to 8.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17189 on: August 19, 2010, 04:57:04 pm »

That's because TF2 requires like, almost no video memory. It doesn't even list a video memory requirement, it just says "A DX8 or DX9 compliant card." Considering cards and onboard don't get any lower than 64 megs anymore....yeah.

TF2 is great because it's totally playable, but I don't know if counts as serious gaming.
Pages: 1 ... 1144 1145 [1146] 1147 1148 ... 13325