Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15786412 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #16965 on: August 17, 2010, 11:48:26 am »

I think it has something to do with the acronym tags since I do the turns on notepad and haven't had problems there. I'll try turning off wordwrap before I copy and paste though.

Edit: Yea, turning off wordwrap before I copied and pasted did the trick.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 01:48:09 pm by smjjames »

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16966 on: August 17, 2010, 12:14:21 pm »

Finally got my massive new speakers today. To test their tolerances, I decided to blast Motorhead songs at full volume.
Earthshaking.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #16967 on: August 17, 2010, 01:24:43 pm »

In case nobody else did, I archived last night's poetic spambot before he got wiped. Links removed, of course.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16968 on: August 17, 2010, 01:26:26 pm »

EDIT: Still working on the scenario and character creation thing, but the combat rules are nicely detailed. I'm proud of them. And I swear to God if anyone had made an RTD with detailed combat rules that I could have just copied, I will castrate them with a goddamn spoon.

Hell Desk has incredibly detailed combat rules. Except they're all in my head and they change whenever it takes more than a day to do the turn.

maaan.

Sign me up for that harlot aswell, sir, its been a while I RTD'd.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16969 on: August 17, 2010, 02:36:59 pm »

People are quoting me, but I'm not sure if I'm the one they're talking to. "I'm confused" has become my catchphrase.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16970 on: August 17, 2010, 03:54:56 pm »

Also you have a cowboy hat because you are a fucking cowboy.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #16971 on: August 17, 2010, 03:58:33 pm »

Spoiler: GRIFFITH! (click to show/hide)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16972 on: August 17, 2010, 03:59:24 pm »

4CHAN.ORG
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #16973 on: August 17, 2010, 04:06:22 pm »

Spoiler: i lol'd (click to show/hide)
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16974 on: August 17, 2010, 04:06:38 pm »

Also you have a cowboy hat because you are a fucking cowboy.

whatareyoutalkingtomeimconfused

roit.

Does anyone know where I can get a list of helpful color codes for pixel artists? I absolutely suck at pallets.

EDIT:

Pwnage. I think I'm getting better at this.

EDIT:

OHMYGAWDCOMGWO IS BACKKKKKKKKK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEeBd_8MEeU&playnext=1&videos=V5Xb0LgGdSg&feature=sub
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 04:50:02 pm by Schilcote »
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16975 on: August 17, 2010, 06:16:45 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEeBd_8MEeU&playnext=1&videos=V5Xb0LgGdSg&feature=sub

That guy is actually pretty good at making listenable music videos out of random footage and audio clips. I'm digging the Infomercial turned Banana Man song. Pretty nice... and the bizzareness always makes me grin.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16976 on: August 17, 2010, 06:59:49 pm »

Today 'm gonna have some Pho and then get some lovin'

Work's over tommorow.

Good times.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16977 on: August 17, 2010, 07:10:11 pm »

That guy is actually pretty good at making listenable music videos out of random footage and audio clips. I'm digging the Infomercial turned Banana Man song. Pretty nice... and the bizzareness always makes me grin.

"We'll give you Reeses Pieces."
"AGREED!"

"Give up the fursuit!"

"No problemo assman."

"Look, you can see Cloverfield from here."

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16978 on: August 17, 2010, 07:40:19 pm »

Does anyone know where I can get a list of helpful color codes for pixel artists? I absolutely suck at pallets.

...and to your original question:

If you're looking for information on getting started with pixel art, I'd be happy to point you to a few places. I've sifted through pixel art tutorials long enough to be able to piece out the good ones. This is my personal favorite. It's translated from French to English, but a few images still have French text (nothing you can't guess though). Check out the chapter on Color Palettes (#5, I believe). I'd highly recommend going through the rest of it too, as it's one of the best tutorials around.

When making a palette, my personal trick is to pick a middle value color that I like, and make 3-4 darker shades that get close to black, and 3-4 lighter tones that end in a near-white pastel color, for a total of 8 indexes per color. Another trick to having a vibrant pixel-palette is to make them more saturated (colorful) as they get darker, and more neutral/grey  as they get closer to white. Also, I like to shift the hue of colors slightly more towards Blue/Purple as they get darker, and slightly more Red/Yellow when they get lighter.

Top example is made by just adding Black or White to Orange. The bottom example looks like orange, but if you look at all the individual colors, they're really just shades of pale yellows and purples.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16979 on: August 17, 2010, 08:19:18 pm »

Just watched Pandorum.

It was okay.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 ... 13325