Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1111 1112 [1113] 1114 1115 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15795347 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #16680 on: August 15, 2010, 06:58:39 am »

Actually no, you cannot remove internet explorer. I tried many times. There is no option to remove it in the add/remove dialogue box and if you try and delete the files, they reappear.

Internet explorer and explorer, while giving different processes are actually the same program. It's why when ie crashes it brings down your whole computer

Or if not, it at least forces Explorer to restart, leaving you with a temporarily blank desktop.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16681 on: August 15, 2010, 07:05:57 am »

When I had windows and that happened...it stayed blank and had to restart the comp anyway except for I think one time.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16682 on: August 15, 2010, 07:15:36 am »

?
IE crashes every once in a while for me, but I've never had an issue with the desktop, or Explorer at all.

Also, track-ball mouses are pretty cool. On one hand, you have a mouse, on another, you have one sweet, massive marble.  8)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16683 on: August 15, 2010, 07:18:00 am »

I'd play with that ball all day long.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16684 on: August 15, 2010, 07:18:22 am »

?
IE crashes every once in a while for me, but I've never had an issue with the desktop, or Explorer at all.

Also, track-ball mouses are pretty cool. On one hand, you have a mouse, on another, you have one sweet, massive marble.  8)

Yeah, I miss my old Trackman...
That thing was the best.
My new mouse is pretty cool, though.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16685 on: August 15, 2010, 08:51:28 am »

Bought an old Playstation (The original, not the PSone), and rediscovered the glory that is Einhander. This game is freaking amazing, yet brutally hard. One of the best sidescrollers I ever played. :*).
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16686 on: August 15, 2010, 10:47:39 am »

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16687 on: August 15, 2010, 11:09:47 am »

When I had windows and that happened...it stayed blank and had to restart the comp anyway except for I think one time.

Ctrl+Alt+Del -> Task Manger -> Tasks -> New Task -> Explorer.exe

and use firefox godammnit
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #16688 on: August 15, 2010, 11:28:50 am »

From Win98 until at least XP, your folder windows were actually web pages. You could customize them as such: under the folder options dialog there was a way to show the "Hypertext Template" as a hidden file in the folder. Then you could edit it however you wanted.

I found that it was much easier to horribly break said template than actually do something interesting/useful.

Yeah, IE was so tightly integrated into 98 that you couldn't completely remove it without breaking your system. I think I do recall reading a guide somewhere showing you how to pull most of it out, but leave the bits that explorer depended on.

I think they've moved away from that with Vista and 7.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16689 on: August 15, 2010, 11:50:11 am »

Point is it's still the same program underneth.
Why is this a problem? Yeah, the Windows Explorer is used for pretty much everything in Windows. This is not surprising seeing as it is what allows windows to be opened in the first place.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #16690 on: August 15, 2010, 01:16:18 pm »

New super Marisa land is fun.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16691 on: August 15, 2010, 01:26:53 pm »

I'm considering running World's Largest Dungeon along with my other campaign.  800 pages, levels 1-20, every monster in the monster manual*, roleplaying skills optional, it's go time.

*Technically not every monster in the monster manual.  They pull shenanigans with kind vs. species like some kind of Noah's Ark thing.  Most monsters are represented in some way, but not every iteration of every monster in the game exists in the dungeon.
Shoes...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #16692 on: August 15, 2010, 01:29:43 pm »

If you want that to be fun. AT ALL. You need to work at it. Take it from an experienced DM.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16693 on: August 15, 2010, 01:31:56 pm »

By experienced DM she means get your deathtraps ready so they don't realize there isn't anything around that one corner.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16694 on: August 15, 2010, 01:43:06 pm »

When they get tired and threaten to quit, counter-threaten a rocks fall, everyone dies and then really punch someone other than the complainer. Your erratic and violent behavior will supress them into finishing. They'll never talk to you again out of a fear that you'll eat their face or somthing, but thus is the price of forcing them to obey.

As for my real suggestion, add a bunch of gelatinous cubes in random places for no reason to mess with their heads.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1111 1112 [1113] 1114 1115 ... 13325