Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1101 1102 [1103] 1104 1105 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15799604 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #16530 on: August 14, 2010, 03:12:46 pm »

So in short I unconsciously contributed in increasing percentage of fat in the bodies of bay12ers.

I'm sorry
  :'(
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #16531 on: August 14, 2010, 03:15:07 pm »

So in short I unconsciously contributed in increasing percentage of fat in the bodies of bay12ers.

I'm sorry

Not gonna affect me. I eat stuff worse than those a lot. I ate a burger with ham as bread the other day.

Because my metabolism is insane and trying to kill me.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16532 on: August 14, 2010, 03:21:40 pm »

I'm sorry
Same as Janet; it's not going to effect me. No matter what I eat, it never makes me fatter.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16533 on: August 14, 2010, 03:22:43 pm »

I also learned something finally.

affect is when using as a verb
effect is when using as a noun

I can affect something to cause an effect, yah.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16534 on: August 14, 2010, 03:23:23 pm »

How insane are we talking here? "I can't gain weight" insane or "100 degree body tempature from huge amounts of wasted cellular energy and weight loss that can be measured in MPH" insane?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16535 on: August 14, 2010, 03:24:19 pm »

"Effect" also means "to bring about."

"Her tender kiss effected a change in the villain."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16536 on: August 14, 2010, 03:29:02 pm »

If the Double Down had big slice of ripe tomato in the middle instead of bacon and fat sauce, I'd devour that.

"Effect" also means "to bring about."

"Her tender kiss effected a change in the villain."

And to complete the quadrangle of confusion, "affect" can also be a noun, meaning the (usually emotional) feeling resulting from a stimulus.  The only place I've ever heard the term is literary criticism, though (e.g. describing what a poem makes the reader feel).

If this makes you angry at the English language, blame Latin.  That's where those weird redundant verb prefixes come from, and they're hardly less ambiguous there, either.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 03:32:56 pm by Footkerchief »

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16537 on: August 14, 2010, 03:33:01 pm »

Steak sandwich and red wine. The juiciest steak, crustiest white bread, crispest lettuce and most flavorsome red wine.
Oh yeaaaaah.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16538 on: August 14, 2010, 03:40:40 pm »

Chicken donut, chicken donnnuuttt.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16539 on: August 14, 2010, 03:44:07 pm »

And to complete the quadrangle of confusion, "affect" can also be a noun, meaning the (usually emotional) feeling resulting from a stimulus.  The only place I've ever heard the term is literary criticism, though (e.g. describing what a poem makes the reader feel).

If this makes you angry at the English language, blame Latin.  That's where those weird redundant verb prefixes come from, and they're hardly less ambiguous there, either.

Actually, "affect" is also used to talk about someone's demeanor.  It's typically used in psychology ("blunted affect," and so on).

"His affect was generous, having been effected by the effect of Effie's effectual affectations and Alvie's eventual affected affection."

... >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16540 on: August 14, 2010, 03:47:42 pm »

How insane are we talking here? "I can't gain weight" insane or "100 degree body tempature from huge amounts of wasted cellular energy and weight loss that can be measured in MPH" insane?

For me it's just that my metabolism is really, really fast and it's not going to be like that forever. Yeah, can't wait for that to bite me in the ass.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16541 on: August 14, 2010, 03:54:05 pm »

My metabolism is like that aswell but I've taken precautions so my body changes the least possible in the years to come. Not like it did change at all ever since I was 17.

I think I got lucky in that aspect aswell. I somehow lost any taste for soda and I'm slowly shifting from omnivorous to partialy vegan, and I made no real effort for that to happen. Today I only drink natural juice apart from water, and while I still eat meat, I eat considerably less then I used to.

I'm about 5.8~5.9 feet tall and I've been weighting 132 lb for 4 years now.

EDIT: Alright, I drink wine aswell, but thats basicaly grape juice with alcohol >:C
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 03:58:27 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16542 on: August 14, 2010, 04:12:59 pm »

I decided, if I were playing Nobilis I would be Power of Lemons.  I could disable people with the sour taste, burn your eyes, and no matter what I could always pull one of those lemon-shaped bottles of concentrated lemon juice out of my pocket.
Shoes...

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16543 on: August 14, 2010, 04:35:32 pm »

Strawberry+Orange juice. FTW.
Kiwi+Apple juice... not so much.
Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Flying Carcass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
The first lesson taught by DF is patience.
The second: Madness.
The third: Magma, properly applied, solves all problems.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16544 on: August 14, 2010, 05:16:12 pm »

I love my metabolism. It helps that I frequently go on 30 mile plus cycling trips.
I'm probably about 6'2 - 6'3 and I weigh 12 and a half stone, and have done for a long time. I eat quite a lot, partly because I really love good food and partly because I can't stand seeing plates that aren't empty. They mock me. I also drink quite a bit of beer of the Real Ale variety, although I normally make sure my drinking stays within normal limits (Apart from parties and festivals, obviously.)
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.
Pages: 1 ... 1101 1102 [1103] 1104 1105 ... 13325