Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 968 969 [970] 971 972 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15776057 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #14535 on: July 30, 2010, 11:13:58 am »

My SC2 is here! :D
As part of our mandatory copy protection, please enter your socal security number, PIN, place of residence, and standard yearly income.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #14536 on: July 30, 2010, 11:15:37 am »

As part of our mandatory copy protection, please enter your socal security number, PIN, place of residence, and standard yearly income.
No, they already have those, the Acti-Blizz spy sattelites have ensured that.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14537 on: July 30, 2010, 11:16:06 am »

Train bridges.
You can be the first to design a bridge capable of holding up a train-driven mobile jet landing platform.
I was thinking more, "PUT YOUR BACK INTO IT, YOU'RE HOLDING UP CARS HERE"

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14538 on: July 30, 2010, 11:50:18 am »

Train bridges.
You can be the first to design a bridge capable of holding up a train-driven mobile jet landing platform.
Anthropomorphizing train bridges into rusty, low-rent Atlases are we?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14539 on: July 30, 2010, 01:01:45 pm »

Train bridges.
Anthropomorphizing train bridges into rusty, low-rent Atlases are we?

That is a really awesome mental image, actually.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14540 on: July 30, 2010, 02:04:17 pm »

We were driving over the bridge...

And then Atlas Shrugged.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14541 on: July 30, 2010, 02:36:43 pm »

We were driving over the bridge...

And then Atlas Shrugged.

Win :D

Things have picked up a surprising amount recently.  I have to say that I'm probably enjoying life for the first time in... well, a very long while.  Simply awesome what a good breakfast and lunch will do for you, not to mention a nice math problem to think about just before bed and interesting books to read in the morning.  It's also interesting how all of my social and academic anxiety has disappeared now that I'm not dating anyone (and have realized that I really don't want to all that badly).  I suppose I just feel that much more able to be myself.

I also seem to have literary creative juices flowing again for the first time in three or four years, so I might actually have something novel-shaped before I graduate from college.  Furthermore, my problem-solving skills have greatly improved: I'm easily taking things down that I never could have solved a year ago, and I've gotten about 5x faster to boot.  Even better is that I can actually remember what I proved nowadays, rather than just going "hmm, I've spent 5 hours doing mathematics and solved a lot of problems, but I have no idea which ones or how."  At the moment, I'm slogging through the basics of linear algebra and analysis again so that I can get moving with group theory, topology, representation theory, and real analysis.  I'm also going through rudimentary projective geometry, graph theory, and modal logic, because they aren't as heavily based on intimate knowledge of set theory and one can get into meaty problems pretty fast.

Oh, and my parents are going on a 9-day vacation next week, whilst leaving me home to take care of things :3  Tomorrow, there shall be massive production of egg sushi, and we're finally getting around to fixing my bike so I can go places.

The only disadvantage in all this is that one cup of tea still leaves me so buzzed that I can barely think straight.  I'm currently working on figuring out ways to take the edge off a little, because even though I love my tea it doesn't help to have the first two or three hours of the day dominated by twitchiness.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14542 on: July 30, 2010, 03:26:12 pm »

I am happy for Vector because I feel minorly worry when she left.

I am also happy because of ANGEL FOOD CAKE.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14543 on: July 30, 2010, 03:34:05 pm »

Just bought Audiosurf.
Some of my "for those softer moments" music is really tough. D:

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14544 on: July 30, 2010, 04:22:28 pm »

I met a female gamer at a store today! It's good to meet gamers who aren't of the same sex.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14545 on: July 30, 2010, 04:39:24 pm »

Just bought Audiosurf.
Try playing them in Beat Hazard. Quiet songs are the hardest kind of song there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14546 on: July 30, 2010, 04:39:44 pm »

Better than Norton's copy protection. Their idea of copy protection is to make a product so crappy that it's a waste of time to pirate it.

Probably the best method of copy protection is just to update frequently and have lots of DLC. Pirates still get a game, but they end up with something inferior to the commercial product.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14547 on: July 30, 2010, 04:41:36 pm »

Just bought Audiosurf.
Try playing them in Beat Hazard. Quiet songs are the hardest kind of song there.

Well, the thing is, my "softer moments" stuff is not what others would usually consider soft.
For example, I fall asleep to Deftones' Around The Fur album.

Meanwhile,
Spoiler: First High Score! Yay! (click to show/hide)

Double Meanwhile,
If Deftones is hard, The Pillows are Japanese hard.
A lot of their songs are yellow and red all the way.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14548 on: July 30, 2010, 07:49:00 pm »

Lodoss War, Ep. 9 and 10 beginning shortly, as illustrated by my wondrous sig. And afterward there will be pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, which are perhaps slightly more awesome.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #14549 on: July 30, 2010, 07:52:08 pm »

I think im going to buy 2 games on Xbox live, that mining game and Breath of Death 7. Indie games of course, because corporantions are evil.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT
Pages: 1 ... 968 969 [970] 971 972 ... 13325