Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 950 951 [952] 953 954 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15787519 times)

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #14265 on: July 28, 2010, 11:06:17 am »

No I skirmished someone on Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising, 1v1 he was Elder I was Chaos (surprise surprise) and I won. This was the first time ever that I beat someone.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #14266 on: July 28, 2010, 11:07:18 am »

Duke get in here (on Steam) you've been missing for awhile if you're not too busy.

Yes this is public it must bee.

That reminds me, what is everyone's name on Steam?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #14267 on: July 28, 2010, 11:11:50 am »

Shaaktor.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #14268 on: July 28, 2010, 12:22:41 pm »

Well, my old laptop is officially dead so I ordered a new one. It's an expensive beast, but it's powerful enough that I should get quite a few years of good gaming out of it. I'm really curious to see how DF performs on it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14269 on: July 28, 2010, 12:32:56 pm »

On steam, look for me, Akigagak, Twisted Priestess.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14270 on: July 28, 2010, 12:41:47 pm »

Euld visited the upper forums recently.  He admired an especially dwarfy method of obtaining magma recently.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #14271 on: July 28, 2010, 01:49:48 pm »

Euld visited the upper forums recently.  He admired an especially dwarfy method of obtaining magma recently.
First.
You can also use them as an odd form of over-engineered landmines by filling a deep pit with lava and dropping an equally tall cast obsidian tower into it, displacing the entire tower of lava. Best part is, you can cover it with floor/grate/hatch, since the tower of obsidian will collapse through those.

In fact... now that I have a working magma pump stack on my map, I think it's finally time to build a prototype... A LARGE prototype...

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #14272 on: July 28, 2010, 02:10:22 pm »

I beat people on the ranked match with a team today.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14273 on: July 28, 2010, 02:15:12 pm »

I remember the first (And only) time I ever won on a game of Starcraft online.  I was Zerg and he was Terran, I did a basic zergling rush, I think around 70 units, and a few hydralisks at the end to kill his flying base.

He had been talking about how Terrans were a perfect counter for Zerg and saying there was no way a rush could take him, too.  When the first few Zerglings hit he was all "I told you so" and then the full breadth of it hit and he was just "Oh"
Shoes...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14274 on: July 28, 2010, 02:20:41 pm »

Clearly he had no idea what he was talking bout... the races in SC are almost perfectly balanced, everything can counter a zerg rush if done right. Ex: a few bunkers and firebats can destroy an indefinite number of zerglings, as can  a good plasma turret array.

That said, I have yet to win a game of SC online. Those people are just insanely fast. Once I was still building defenses for my base, only about halfway up the tech tree, when I was swarmed with carriers out of nowhere. Quickest loss ever.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #14275 on: July 28, 2010, 02:34:04 pm »

The thing about this one was that we had something like 236 points with only one VP and they had around 380 with 2, so we where losing bad. Then We captured another one, even through several drreadnaught and tank charges stood fast (though we lost it once) and when they had around 50 points I had a trio of bloodcrushers ready, so for the last 3o second I was just knocking shit over. It was awesome.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #14276 on: July 28, 2010, 02:42:47 pm »

Oh, character design, character design, character design. Why are you so much fun.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14277 on: July 28, 2010, 02:43:14 pm »

Continuede practise of mine archaick dialogue hath greatlie increased mine abilitie to speake in a manner most dignifyed.
Shoes...

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #14278 on: July 28, 2010, 02:50:58 pm »

Oh, character design, character design, character design. Why are you so much fun.

Army painter is really cool in Dawn of War.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #14279 on: July 28, 2010, 03:50:22 pm »

Mmmm, pork rinds...

Oh, and I won about 20 bucks (4 x $5.00 winnings) off my weekly $10 scratch-off. And I should at least have my freaking blinker on my car fixed. At least driving to my brother's house should be much safer now that I can signal with lights again, instead of my arm. Oh, and as for the pork rinds statement above, I just got myself some driving food. Fortunately, these were pretty cheap. Got a couple bags.
Pages: 1 ... 950 951 [952] 953 954 ... 13325