Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15790724 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #14191 on: July 27, 2010, 02:47:30 pm »

It's my birthday!
Now I can (legally) drink in pubs and buy beer from shops!
I also acquired an electric blue Fender Jazz bass and a heap of CDs. I've also got a 75cl bottle of Chimay blue-cap in the cooler.(I bought it yesterday :3)

Hey, it's my birthday too!

Repr'zent!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14192 on: July 27, 2010, 02:50:32 pm »

It's my birthday!
Now I can (legally) drink in pubs and buy beer from shops!
I also acquired an electric blue Fender Jazz bass and a heap of CDs. I've also got a 75cl bottle of Chimay blue-cap in the cooler.(I bought it yesterday :3)

Hey, it's my birthday too!

Repr'zent!
Happy 959'th birthday!
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14193 on: July 27, 2010, 02:52:31 pm »

Any what does this mean?
but only if you're somewhat familiar with the lore/acronyms.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14196 on: July 27, 2010, 03:05:41 pm »

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-07/video-during-ted-talk-kepler-scientist-reveals-discovery-140-exoplanets-are-earth
Earthlike planets! :D

Oh wow. See, I've been weighing where in Biology I'd like to focus, as I work toward my first degree. Though I'm fascinated by the study of Intelligence, and the prospect presented by the work into inter-species communication that's been done lately, the prospects of working in Synthetic Biology, alongside planetary Physicists, to try and sniff out physically and chemically Earthlike worlds is a fascinating one. This is extremely cool news.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14197 on: July 27, 2010, 03:09:00 pm »

Link related to planet building.

Also, awesomely nerdy, on a level above DF.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14198 on: July 27, 2010, 03:29:46 pm »

I might've already mentioned this, but it bears repeating due to how powerful the joy-osity of this is.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Best night of summer by far.

Sonerohi, that's the stuff of Movie Plots right there. That is the best shenanigan-filled girl-hunting adventure I've heard in a long time; major Kudos. You and your friends have some serious Sisu.

I don't understand what Sisu means, but thank you. It really was just ludicrously awesome. The hotel chain uses escalators in the lobby, so we hammed it up and did group poses like the guys from 21 and the Hangover. The security guy was awesome, by the way. He had a business suit on and wasn't really tall, or fat, or muscular in any way, but he had bright orange frames for his sunglasses. The shades portion was actually a little visor that could flip up for it to be normal glasses (Since several pages ago questions were asked).
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14199 on: July 27, 2010, 04:12:51 pm »

Sonerohi, that's the stuff of Movie Plots right there. That is the best shenanigan-filled girl-hunting adventure I've heard in a long time; major Kudos. You and your friends have some serious Sisu.
I don't understand what Sisu means, but thank you. It really was just ludicrously awesome. The hotel chain uses escalators in the lobby, so we hammed it up and did group poses like the guys from 21 and the Hangover. The security guy was awesome, by the way. He had a business suit on and wasn't really tall, or fat, or muscular in any way, but he had bright orange frames for his sunglasses. The shades portion was actually a little visor that could flip up for it to be normal glasses (Since several pages ago questions were asked).
Sisu is something somewhat similar to Bushido. It is determination, refusing to give up until you task is done, even beyond the point that completing it would have any meaning. Basically, you have Sisu if you will finish any task, no matter how trivial, no matter what.

Not the best way of describing it, but it's the best I can do.(unless I'm completely mixed up. I did learn the term from a webcomic after all.)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14200 on: July 27, 2010, 04:53:24 pm »

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14201 on: July 27, 2010, 05:01:23 pm »

Sisu is a lot different than Bushido in various aspects, though. Sisu is having superhuman determination to see something through to the end. It is stubbornness, doggedness, decisiveness against overwhelming odds and perseverance.

Bushido is a code of conduct that spans and pervades every portion of the Samurai's life, very much like Chivalry for Knights. It tells him how to treat people (especially masters and elders), what values to have, and basically how to live and die overall.

If you lose Sisu, that's ok. You're only human. It happens. If you lose Bushido, you get to commit seppuku, which is not as ok.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14202 on: July 27, 2010, 05:07:24 pm »

Ah, I see. I think the word might go a bit overboard for what we did though  ;D. Sisu sounds like it would be more for some guy who saves a village singlehandedly by sheer determination, not like a horde of teenage guys hyped up on testosterone and wanting to hang out with some girls for the night.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14203 on: July 27, 2010, 05:09:23 pm »

Whenever my grandmother uses Sisu, it's closer to guts or tenacity than some kind of heroism, or Bushido. It doesn't matter how important the goal was, but you stuck to it, did it, and did it with panache. That's what matters. :P

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14204 on: July 27, 2010, 05:20:10 pm »

Yeah, the example I saw(from the comic "unicorn jelly"... it's not as stupid as it sounds) was a man simply delivering a message. A man with several broken bones, in the middle of a battlefield, hauling himself along with his one good arm simply to deliver this one, unimportant, letter.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 13325