Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 924 925 [926] 927 928 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15799614 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #13875 on: July 25, 2010, 02:07:35 pm »

Not Breath of Fire, Fire Emblem.  Breath of Fire is an RPG, Fire Emblem is a tactics game.

Yeah, that's an important detail.  Good to know, as many times as I've heard the name, I've always wondered if it's worthy of the hype.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13876 on: July 25, 2010, 02:21:32 pm »

It's good.  There's no unit recruitment, so all of your companions are named and developed characters.  All non-essential characters can be permanently killed.

Speaking of which, Ross just got killed by a revenant.  His dad doesn't even care.  I don't care either, Ross was made of paper, which leads me to believe he upgrades to something crazy.  Are there even unit upgrades in this game?  If not, Ross was useless.

Faux-edit:  Apparently there are unit upgrades, and Ross levels up fast enough that he quickly becomes useful.  :/  Guess I'll restart the level then...
Shoes...

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13877 on: July 25, 2010, 02:25:48 pm »

UFO: The Two Sides seems to be developing nicely. About one percent every week, and at 87% at last check.

What's that? An X-COM tribute of some sort?

What do you people think of the new X-COM? I think it looks incredible, so long as they keep the R&D aspect intact, which judging from an interview I read they have.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13878 on: July 25, 2010, 02:28:33 pm »

I'm cautiously optimistic, and refuse to join Other Games in their "Let's see how far we can stretch the contents of a 30 second trailer for the purpose of complaining" contests.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 02:57:12 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #13879 on: July 25, 2010, 02:33:36 pm »

Oh god. Jeremy Clarkson just brought up evolution on TV with Tom Cruise.
Tom stared at the ground for a second, while Cameron Diaz giggled awkwardly.

I love Top Gear.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13880 on: July 25, 2010, 02:34:48 pm »

Buddy is over, and we are Livestreaming Cortex Command MP. Behold our rapier wit, and our general douchbaggery for many lulz.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13881 on: July 25, 2010, 02:51:25 pm »

I never, EVER, let anyone die any Fire Emblem games. Predictably, this leads to much frustration on my part...

Played Breath of Fire.
The original SNES version?  I need to play those some time, I hear good things.
Breath of fire is awesome. every game has a different system for using your dragon transformations, but they are all really good... except for dragon quarter. In it dragon form is a super mode that results in game over is used too much. What's the point of being a dragon warrior if your powers fill you?(I don't mean there's a limit on how much you can use it at once, I mean there's a limit on how much you can use it in THE ENTIRE GAME)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13882 on: July 25, 2010, 03:21:53 pm »

Depends on the circumstances.  If someone dies on turn 1, or someone I can't live without like Seth dies, I'll restart.  Or if, like this turn, Neimi dies (And her death speech made me :'( so I was gonna restart anyway) and then Garcia dies on the very same turn, I'll restart.
Shoes...

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13884 on: July 25, 2010, 04:44:05 pm »

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #13885 on: July 25, 2010, 05:33:54 pm »

It's good.  There's no unit recruitment, so all of your companions are named and developed characters.  All non-essential characters can be permanently killed.

Speaking of which, Ross just got killed by a revenant.  His dad doesn't even care.  I don't care either, Ross was made of paper, which leads me to believe he upgrades to something crazy.  Are there even unit upgrades in this game?  If not, Ross was useless.

Faux-edit:  Apparently there are unit upgrades, and Ross levels up fast enough that he quickly becomes useful.  :/  Guess I'll restart the level then...

All three of the "kid" units (Amelia, Ross, and Ewan) have ridiculous development rates. Ross in particular can become one of three top-tier units: the warrior (Bow, Axe) the hero (Sword, Axe) or the Berserker (INSTANT MURDER).
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13886 on: July 25, 2010, 05:41:19 pm »

Upgrade all three brothers to use a bow. They get their own version of the triangle attack.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13887 on: July 25, 2010, 05:42:11 pm »

UFO: The Two Sides seems to be developing nicely. About one percent every week, and at 87% at last check.
What's that? An X-COM tribute of some sort?
It's a full fan remake of Enemy Unknown and Terror From The Deep, with all the features that were cut from them implimented. In addition, it allows you to play as the aliens against X-COM. Full 1 on 1 mutiplayer supported. Beta finished and will be so awesome when it's fully finished.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #13888 on: July 25, 2010, 05:43:30 pm »

Upgrade all three brothers to use a bow. They get their own version of the triangle attack.

Which brothers?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13889 on: July 25, 2010, 05:48:14 pm »

Hey guys, let's not spoil everything now.

I'm at mission 5x right now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One thing I don't like.  You can't hedge units out like in Wesnoth.  Since movement ended immediately when you stepped adjacent to a bad guy and vice versa, you could have your tough guys stand two squares apart and create a wall for your weaker units.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 05:49:51 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 924 925 [926] 927 928 ... 13325