Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 906 907 [908] 909 910 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15807993 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #13605 on: July 22, 2010, 05:04:18 am »

So, I know virtually nothing about World of Warcraft, except that it's a marking success beyond all fucking reason.  The commercials, the promotions, all of it just amazes me how hard Blizzard manages to sell that game.  Which means seeing this preview of the new expansion due out very soon gives me great joy, because I think they finally tried one more demographic lure that's going to destroy them.  I know I'm nearly a year late, but it's just now in beta, so it's all cool.

Have fun keeping your new furry population in line.  And good job on the product placement guys.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13606 on: July 22, 2010, 05:06:49 am »

So, I know virtually nothing about World of Warcraft, except that it's a marking success beyond all fucking reason.  The commercials, the promotions, all of it just amazes me how hard Blizzard manages to sell that game.  Which means seeing this preview of the new expansion due out very soon gives me great joy, because I think they finally tried one more demographic lure that's going to destroy them.  I know I'm nearly a year late, but it's just now in beta, so it's all cool.

Have fun keeping your new furry population in line.  And good job on the product placement guys.

It won't. I haven't even read the article and I know it won't.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13607 on: July 22, 2010, 05:15:57 am »

It's not the furry population you need to worry about. They're the internet's designated punching bag and there's something like 11 million users on WoW. How likely do you think it is that a huge number of them are going to go batshit over this?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13608 on: July 22, 2010, 05:19:54 am »

More like all the horde players are going to go batshit because they get stupid gremlins, while alliance gets werewolves.

... Is it sad I know all this and I've never played WOW?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13609 on: July 22, 2010, 05:45:52 am »

Blizzard use souls stolen by WoW to generate their electricity. In an effort to be green, they absorb souls.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13610 on: July 22, 2010, 08:57:48 am »

More like all the horde players are going to go batshit because they get awesome goblins, while alliance gets werewolves.

... Is it sad I know all this and I've never played WOW?
From what I've heard, horde players seem to like the goblins.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13611 on: July 22, 2010, 10:15:11 am »

Yeah, Horde players will be happy with Goblins because Goblins are one of the cooler and more interesting races.

Alliance players get furries to go with their little kids and fangirls.
Shoes...

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #13612 on: July 22, 2010, 10:52:13 am »

Because the Blood Elves were a whirlpool of manliness.

I'm willing to bet most WoW players have never played another Blizzard game anyways, so they won't be very happy about Goblins, the third best race.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13613 on: July 22, 2010, 11:08:55 am »

I'm willing to bet most WoW players have never played another Blizzard game anyways, so they won't be very happy about Goblins, the third best race.

Quoth my twelve year old cousin: "Warcraft 2?  They made a sequel to WoW?  Bullshit, I've never heard of it."  To be fair, Warcraft 3 is almost a decade old.

And I surprised nobody's commented on the product placement in that panel-shot.  What are the odds that four adults would all bring a 20oz of Mountain Dew, and place them on the table with labels facing out?
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #13614 on: July 22, 2010, 11:15:41 am »

Quoth my twelve year old cousin: "Warcraft 2?  They made a sequel to WoW?  Bullshit, I've never heard of it."  To be fair, Warcraft 3 is almost a decade old.

And I surprised nobody's commented on the product placement in that panel-shot.  What are the odds that four adults would all bring a 20oz of Mountain Dew, and place them on the table with labels facing out?

I got a disk for the demo of Warcraft 3 in a cereal box. It was awesome. I haven't even seen cereal with cool stuff inside in quite some time.

I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13615 on: July 22, 2010, 11:19:02 am »

They aren't even drinking it, the one guy's got a bottle of water.

Most of the WoW players I was with knew all about the old games, Starcraft, Diablo, whatever, even on the Alliance.  Horde was even more consistently knowledgeable.

The way it went on my server (Silvermoon) was like this.

On the Alliance you have Lilliana Starshine (Yeah, she was in this too), skullasasin, and Muffles (That one was me) facing off against Grognard Q. Neckbeard and his friend Leet McPowergamer.

We lose, Lilliana stops PvPing and joins an RP guild, skullasasin spends all his gold on a level 19 twink, and I switch to the Horde.  Repeat this a million times, and you have all the people with some idea what they're doing on the horde, while the alliance is working hard balancing all three abilities in the hotly-competitive 10-19 bracket, or raiding and complaining about raiding.

Oh, and Poriand.  Everyone hated Poriand.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 11:21:49 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13616 on: July 22, 2010, 11:22:34 am »

I got a disk for the demo of Warcraft 3 in a cereal box. It was awesome. I haven't even seen cereal with cool stuff inside in quite some time.

When I was six or so, there was a Domino's promotion that got me sixteen playstation demos by convincing my parents to order pizza from them. There were three demo disks total, but I only ended up aquiring two of them. How the days of promotional demo disks have fallen since then.

There is somthing about opening a pizza box to find both pizza and game demos that I never found anywhere else. As it just so happens, remembering that made me happy today. And thus the thread returns to the rails.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13617 on: July 22, 2010, 11:31:53 am »

And of course, who can forget that glorious day in 1996, when you got a fully functional and hilarious DooM wad in a box of Chex.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #13618 on: July 22, 2010, 11:38:03 am »

I used to play WoW, then it got boring so I cancelled my account.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13619 on: July 22, 2010, 01:58:27 pm »

Well... I have now broken up for school after having an afternoon filled with BBQ, Bouncy castles, piggy in the middle, Singstar (~_~) and finally a thunderstorm :-/
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 906 907 [908] 909 910 ... 13326