Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 905 906 [907] 908 909 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15808530 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #13590 on: July 21, 2010, 05:13:17 pm »

I just received my brand new spanking laptop, and it is so fast, my eyeballs are about to fall out.  An i7 processor (the best laptop processor from Intel on the market), 256 GB of solid state memory, and 4 GB of RAM, with a moderately good graphics card.  I splurged on this baby, and it is so beautiful.  But you know what? I want my cursors back.  The default windows cursors for 7 are rather lackluster.  Just read this thread made by one man with the same issue I am having.  Microsoft doesn't even care, do they.  The support-bot just keeps repeating the same thing over and over, without even attempting to explain the reasoning, or bother making excuses! It makes me so angry.
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7hardware/thread/5000eaf5-c827-4f45-9d99-53a1c52989a1

I want my 3-D Bronze cursors back!

AAAAAAAA IT'S SO FAST AAAAAAAAAA
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13591 on: July 21, 2010, 05:14:56 pm »

How many FPS does that thing run DF at?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13592 on: July 21, 2010, 05:17:56 pm »

I haven't even had time to get DF set up, and probably wont for a while.  I do wonder, though.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13593 on: July 21, 2010, 06:11:55 pm »

I just received my brand new spanking laptop, and it is so fast, my eyeballs are about to fall out.  An i7 processor (the best laptop processor from Intel on the market), 256 GB of solid state memory, and 4 GB of RAM, with a moderately good graphics card.  I splurged on this baby, and it is so beautiful.  But you know what? I want my cursors back.  The default windows cursors for 7 are rather lackluster.  Just read this thread made by one man with the same issue I am having.  Microsoft doesn't even care, do they.  The support-bot just keeps repeating the same thing over and over, without even attempting to explain the reasoning, or bother making excuses! It makes me so angry.
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7hardware/thread/5000eaf5-c827-4f45-9d99-53a1c52989a1

I want my 3-D Bronze cursors back!

AAAAAAAA IT'S SO FAST AAAAAAAAAA
have you tried CursorFX? lots of cool cursors.
or you could grab the cursor file(s) from your old computer (assuming you still have it) and transfer it onto your new zooooooooooooomy computer.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13594 on: July 21, 2010, 06:17:41 pm »

Heh, I still have those 3-d bronze (?) cursors when I copied all of my cursors from my old computer to my new one.

If you want I can zip them up and set a download link. After all, I have yet to use my mediafire profile.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #13595 on: July 21, 2010, 08:13:59 pm »

This made me very happy today: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15096.msg1420087#msg1420087
That bugger had been offing my dwarves (and anything else that moved) for years! Finally I can get migrants, trade caravans, and most importantly, wood in large quantities again! Or at least I hope the caravans com back... The elves and humans may not be too thrilled about their caravans being eaten by a giant snow blob.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13596 on: July 21, 2010, 08:42:25 pm »

Confirmation that our old buddy Strife survived the busride to bootcamp.  In case anybody interested doesn't browse Life Advice and notice the indicator of new posts in his thread.

I was going to say how cool this was, that for the first time, somebody actually wrote me a real letter.  Then I remembered that it's not.  Oh well.  Anyway, I get to write a letter eventually.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13597 on: July 21, 2010, 08:43:28 pm »

Returned from Florida. Nice time with my uncles and aunts and cousins.

Star Wars Trivial Pursuit is surprisingly fun.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #13598 on: July 21, 2010, 10:52:17 pm »

Today I spent 60 bucks on this

There was a man selling them at the Navy base. I'm a bit of a transportophile(?). Nicely finished Mahagony, though it does come apart (Wings, Tail Fins, Propellers, Base). But the pins are solid and it fits together nicely. Had a nice chat with the salesperson too, he used to jump out of 'em. It's an Lockheed Martin AC-130, Personally I had hoped he'd have an A-10 Thunderbolt (probably my favorite fighter). However he didn't have any on hand. I love this thing though. It's my first real Knick-knack/treasure, which will hopefully last for many, many years.

They have a website. It's pretty damn ugly though, slightly beyond geocities bad. I'd post pics of mine, but I don't have a functioning digital camera. Mine actually looks better than this.

Not the best or wisest 60 bucks spent, but it's already one of my favorite possesions.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 10:54:42 pm by Calhoun »
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13599 on: July 22, 2010, 12:23:16 am »

I got a bunch of music off the computer of the guy who got me Adobe CS5.
Over 30 gigs of stuff.
About 8 is Grateful Dead.
He has every Dead show he went to, around 30.

Okay, I just checked, and there's also about 6 gigs of Frank Zappa.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #13600 on: July 22, 2010, 12:49:00 am »

Knick-knacks are key to a happy life, provided a good story to compliment them. Your grandkid should be able to pick up any object you have in your study and you should be able to pontificate a detailed and enlightening story on the spot. It's simplest to write these things down ahead of time.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13601 on: July 22, 2010, 12:51:02 am »

Or take a few creative writing course and make up all the stories on the spot.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13602 on: July 22, 2010, 01:06:44 am »

"Granpa, what's this?"
"Oh, that old thing? That's the Chronos Arbitrator, an old trinket from my adventuring days. I used it to hold off the mighty Beast of Ganymede when I accidentally awoke it from its torturous slumber."
"It looks like a fork."

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13603 on: July 22, 2010, 01:11:28 am »

The Beast of Ganymede had only one weakness, and that was the fork. When it was but a pup its creator called in many favors that he was owed by the local fairies. they gave it resistance to everything they could think of. Thankfully, these were the "Bubbly" and "Carefree" fairies and because of the massive amount of drugs they had just done forgot to ward against malicious forks.

Why didn't you learn any of this in school?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13604 on: July 22, 2010, 04:21:15 am »

After a harrowing five-hour adventure, I have acquired my first tablet. Gonna be a while before I get used to it but having fun so far. Thinking about plotting a Paint Adventure out so I have something to keep drawing and practicing.

Half a day later, Adventure Guy begins. Feel free to drop by and help me get it going! :D
Pages: 1 ... 905 906 [907] 908 909 ... 13326